Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
What expectations should I have in the next week for FC meals JFK-FLL dinner and PBI- JFK dinner? Hot meal, cold meal, box meal, plastic or "china"?
Any of the above. I asked the FA on a recent flight what she had been seeing for meals so I know what to expect on a flight down the coast ex-SEA in a couple days. She said its about as random as you could possibly imagine. Set your expectations low and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
JFK to Aruba …. 1950 miles and a breakfast was a cold box with a tiny piece of cinnamon bread — like it’s COVID times

pathetic.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
JFK to Aruba …. 1950 miles and a breakfast was a cold box with a tiny piece of cinnamon bread — like it’s COVID times

pathetic.
My poor son, he and his wife are traveling JFK-CUN in July (early a.m. flight). He hasn't had a vacation in four years, so I splurged for the couple to go FC. For a likely cold box and piece of bread?

That would be so sad. Really Delta, so saaaaad.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
My poor son, he and his wife are traveling JFK-CUN in July (early a.m. flight). He hasn't had a vacation in four years, so I splurged for the couple to go FC. For a likely cold box and piece of bread?

Luckily at the other end of his trip, is Cancun.
chica likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Luckily at the other end of his trip, is Cancun.
True that!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
ATL-CDG tomorrow.
anyone have the duck before?

Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG

We flew FC on the 7am MSP to Cancun in early March. There were 3 choices (2 hot and a cold). I had a quiche and it was delicious.
LadyWrites likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold

Surely by July things will be more consistent.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
ATL-CDG tomorrow.
anyone have the duck before?

Its funny, I just asked the same question. I'm looking at it for next week. If you get it, please let us know how it works out.

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC

This is the breakfast quiche I had from DTW-CUN on 8am last Wed. The croissant was surprisingly good.
FEBO was observed. I was in 5D and our orders were taken first.
chrisny2 and LadyWrites like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by jb1012xna
Maybe....by July 2024 or so.
cmd320 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Its funny, I just asked the same question. I'm looking at it for next week. If you get it, please let us know how it works out.

Thanks.
Yes. Had it ATL-AMS. Was a duck leg + thigh instead of breast. Quite good but slightly disappointing to be leg + thigh instead of breast.
sspontak and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:57 pm

I just had a weird meal.

Sous Vide chicken, with roasted vegetables, mange tout, and spinach. It was the only meat choice of three (the other options being inedible). It was also served cold. 'Chilled'. Cold chicken isn't uncommon, but cooked spinach, and mange tout, chilled, and then served? But the stewardess showed me the menu, and, to my incredulity, that is how it was described. The stewardess was lovely, and was happy to put it in the oven, which made it edible.

Cold oatmeal is, apparently, not unique.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What liquor is currently on offer? Has rum made a return yet? Been flying a lot of UA and AS lately and both have been serving it (UA Bacardi, AS Cruzan) and my last DL flight in March had limited liquor options.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by jb1012xna
zero excuse for a flight out of JFK to not be catered consistent with how it’s advertised.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.