Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by kmersh
Not defending DELTA"s sad boxes because they were cheap, but AA's First Class Turkey Sandwich were gross and inexcusable, though they were presented nicely so there is something to say for that.
Agree, the sandwiches are vile and I always turn them down if no other option. Fortunately the AA snack basket has those lovely pea stick things which always cheer me up.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Wow. I just perused this thread, and I'm blown away how far ahead DL's catering is vs. AA (let alone UA and its embarrassing state.)

Last edited by BlooJoo; Apr 24, 2022 at 11:03 am
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
What would my meal be on DL metal MEX-ATL (lunch & dinner?)
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Wow. I just perused this thread, and I'm blown away how far ahead DL's catering is vs. AA (let alone UA and its embarrassing state.)
This is very recent. Up until a month or two ago, DL was at the end of the pack with all of their “Covid” Cuts. Glad to see real meal service back!
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
DFW-LAX still has sad boxes. Although, mine was quite a lovely fresh Greek salad which was much better than I was expecting.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
22 Apr DL49 AMS-JFK

Everything came out on one tray:
  • Cream of Celeriac Soup with olive truffle tapenade
  • Torched Goat Cheese and Beetroot Tartare with bell pepper hummus and smoked almonds
  • Sabatelli's Burrata, Wild Chicory, and Lemon Zest Stuffed Raviolone / roasted tomato sauce, and vegetable tartar
The soup was excellent, possibly because it tasted like it had a gallon of butter in it (not complaining ). Salad was decent as well, although the dressing was odd -- maybe kept too cold and the balsamic had congealed? The raviolone was quite a let down though -- bland and unremarkable.

I hadn't planned on having dessert, but after walking up to use the lav and spotting them being assembled in the galley I asked for the stroopwafel cake. Not bad, although not quite as good as I'd hoped...

Pre-arrival burger. FT opinion on this seems somewhat love/hate, but I enjoyed the hell out of it as usual Only slight notes would be that the bottom bun came out slightly over, the lettuce isn't exactly classic burger lettuce fixings, and also the cheese tends to run onto the plate, so there's no real way to eat this without getting your hands messy, but the burger was substantial and it was delicious the potato salad was fantastic as well.

Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
23 Apr DL314 JFK-SFO

Union Square menu:
  • Greek Salad with Persian cucumbers, feta, olives, and red wine vinaigrette
  • Morrocan Chicken Stew with herb couscous, cauliflower, and roasted peppers
  • Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with raspberry preserves and almond streusel

Solid meal all around (other than the couscous being dry); the presentation may not look like much, but the main was certainly better than the raviolone I had in the previous post.

sspontak and Moyerclan like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Flew MSP-SEA in F yesterday. Dinner flight, FEBO observed. No PDBs(I asked the FA about that and she said that they were told just the other day to stop serving them, after having been doing so for the past couple of weeks. Grrr.). The three entree options were: 1) Short ribs, 2) Curried chicken salad, and 3) a hummus plate. I chose the ribs and, quite frankly, it was the best meal that I had in domestic F in a long time! The meat was tender and juicy, the mashed potatoes, after adding a little salt, were great, and the veggies were just a little too el dente for me, but I'm not really a veggie person. The salad, with walnuts, was good, as was the cheesecake dessert. All in all, a DL home run on this one! Here's hoping that my SEA-DTW lunch in F in a few days will be as good.
eeb100k likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by arkangel
Flew MSP-SEA in F yesterday. Dinner flight, FEBO observed. No PDBs(I asked the FA about that and she said that they were told just the other day to stop serving them, after having been doing so for the past couple of weeks. Grrr.). The three entree options were: 1) Short ribs, 2) Curried chicken salad, and 3) a hummus plate. I chose the ribs and, quite frankly, it was the best meal that I had in domestic F in a long time! The meat was tender and juicy, the mashed potatoes, after adding a little salt, were great, and the veggies were just a little too el dente for me, but I'm not really a veggie person. The salad, with walnuts, was good, as was the cheesecake dessert. All in all, a DL home run on this one! Here's hoping that my SEA-DTW lunch in F in a few days will be as good.
"Told to stop serving them" .... seriously? Why?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
What should I pick out of Boston? The old choices were a lot more exciting with Ricotta French Toast and Brioche ham egg and cheese sandwich … leaning towards Tortilla or Chia Seed
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
What should I pick out of Boston? The old choices were a lot more exciting with Ricotta French Toast and Brioche ham egg and cheese sandwich … leaning towards Tortilla or Chia Seed
If it were me I’d go for the tortilla or the pancakes.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Zorak
22 Apr DL49 AMS-JFK

Everything came out on one tray:
  • Cream of Celeriac Soup with olive truffle tapenade
  • Torched Goat Cheese and Beetroot Tartare with bell pepper hummus and smoked almonds
  • Sabatelli's Burrata, Wild Chicory, and Lemon Zest Stuffed Raviolone / roasted tomato sauce, and vegetable tartar
The soup was excellent, possibly because it tasted like it had a gallon of butter in it (not complaining ). Salad was decent as well, although the dressing was odd -- maybe kept too cold and the balsamic had congealed? The raviolone was quite a let down though -- bland and unremarkable.

dang that is too bad - this dish was delicious out of LHR and believe me I’ve had my share of disappointing pasta over the years but this one was almost perfect - I wonder if it is catered ex-USA or how we would both have same dish 🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
If it were me I’d go for the tortilla or the pancakes.
I’m trying to be healthy but the pancakes are probably a safe choice! Will probably get tortilla unless someone comes and blasts them ex Boston haha
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
dang that is too bad - this dish was delicious out of LHR and believe me I’ve had my share of disappointing pasta over the years but this one was almost perfect - I wonder if it is catered ex-USA or how we would both have same dish 🤷‍♂️
I felt it was pretty basic and boring catered out of CDG, too, for the record. The sauce was pretty "chef Boyardee"...
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Look at recent reports. My F trips this month have had good meal service. I’ve had no complaints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.