Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Double carbs dont bother me if they are all tasty.
Helps soak up the in flight beverages
Growing up in New Orleans, the cheapest poor boy on the menu was often a potato salad poor boy. Not bad if you put the roast beef gravy on it. Even cheaper than smoked sausage.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:14 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

This might be non grata here ... on my UA flight yesterday, they served a burger (actually, there was no bun; the burger was entirely contained within one piece of bread) along with a muffin.

DL, can you top that, maybe with a bread/pasta/rice platter?
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
This might be non grata here ... on my UA flight yesterday, they served a burger (actually, there was no bun; the burger was entirely contained within one piece of bread) along with a muffin.

Sounds like UFO Burger from South Korea

Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

I believe that is what UA calls its play on Beef Wellington, usually served as second meal up front.
chrisny2 and unitedbusiness like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM
DL2471 ANC-SEA
737-800

Choices (as described by the FA): The Impossible Burger made with spinach and eggplant, Roasted Chicken with Couscous, or Cold Chicken with veggies.

I opted to try the Impossible Burger since I had a "real" burger the week prior on a D1 flight. I found it to be quite good! It honestly tasted like meat to me. Generous portion of cheese and caramelized onions too. My only critiques is that I would have enjoyed more of garden with it (lettuce, tomato, etc) and the bottom bun was quite soggy (definitely a knife and fork meal). The salad was interesting with rutabagas, apples, and celery, but the flavors actually worked well together. A bit over dressed and even came with more dressing on the side that I did not use. The blueberry cheesecake was much better than a previous version I had last week. This was not soggy at all and was nicely chilled.

Excellent service from this SEA based crew. I regret I didn't hand the flight leader one of my JWD certs that I still have in my bag (if they can even accept them anymore).
puck021 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
That would have been nicer if it was served with a side salad of lettuce, tomato, red onion, etc.... instead of a mockish Waldorf salad. That way you have the option to put as much garden on the burger as you like.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Excellent service from this SEA based crew. I regret I didn't hand the flight leader one of my JWD certs that I still have in my bag (if they can even accept them anymore).
They never stopped being able to take JWDs; however there was a period where distribution of new JWDs was suspended. Either way, in cases where I wanted to hand out a JWD but didn't (forgot, didn't have one on me, ineligible employee like a Delta Connections flight) any positive feedback I've given via the contact form on the website has always been well-received and appreciated with mention that it would be passed on to the employee's supervisor etc. so if you felt it was JWD-worthy I would definitely encourage you to write in!
GagaPilot and dtwlarry like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
They started handing out new JWD certificates in December 2021 so that program is active again.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
The food in F after they restarted the program has been absolutely horrendous. Flew SEA-MSP-MIA-MSP-SEA in the last 2 weeks and the choices were inedible. Cold chicken salad. Cold oatmeal (gross, I can't even describe what it tastes like). Impossible burger. Cauliflower cakes?? All so gross I had to buy a snack pack.
Aloha1 and Play by Plane like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:57 pm

My flight SLC-CDG last month was cancelled so I can't review the food/service there (although KLM business class was a great!) but here are some photos from my return AMS-SLC

PDB (filled twice)

Amuse-Bouche mozzarella-olive-tomato, champagne and sparkling water

Some kind of soup (it was good), some kind of salad (bland) and then this tray was taken away before I could eat my roll!

Pan fried halibut, tomato risotto and salsify. The fish was a touch overdone but all in all good

Strawberry-cookie sundae

Mid flight snack

Pre-landing meal - choice was hamburger or salmon salad. The salmon was good - not overcooked. The fruit was odd and I thought that was a slice of banana bread, it wasn't, and it wasn't good either.

All in all, much closer to pre-pandemic service.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Haven’t flown in nearly two years. This week flying MSY-SLC-LAS in F. First leg says “Dinner”. Anyone know what we should expect? Box or hot meal? I think the itinerary says the flight is 1436 miles, if that makes a difference.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Haven’t flown in nearly two years. This week flying MSY-SLC-LAS in F. First leg says “Dinner”. Anyone know what we should expect? Box or hot meal? I think the itinerary says the flight is 1436 miles, if that makes a difference.
Could be a hot meal, cold meal or shelf stable snack box. There's no consistency right now.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Could be a hot meal, cold meal or shelf stable snack box. There's no consistency right now.
If a meal is listed (Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner), it won't be a snack box. There are a few routes that still seem to have the cold meal boxes (particularly on regional jet equipment), but it will likely be a hot meal if dinner is listed.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Random but I’ve seen lemon and lime wedges from a few international Delta One drinks like the most recent post about long haul service here. Does anyone know if they’re back in domestic F yet, I always loved getting a club soda with lime or lemon pre COVID.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by xliioper
If a meal is listed (Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner), it won't be a snack box. There are a few routes that still seem to have the cold meal boxes (particularly on regional jet equipment), but it will likely be a hot meal if dinner is listed.
Even regional is up in the air too, I saw a picture on Instagram on a JFK-MSP CRJ9 from yesterday with a plated cold dish that looked similar to AA’s cold charcuterie board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.