Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by cubeman
Tried searching but not using the right keywords. Upgraded to FC specifically to get dinner as it was a later flight. Flight got delayed and the reboarding time looked like they didn't load catering/food. Flight takes off and they served some drinks once in FC and claimed turbulence stopped any further drink or food services. I'd like to say that was true but my following 3 segments had actual turbulence and still they managed to get service done. Besides a whopping 15k miles for what was a $300 x2 upgrade anyone know how to react?

You spent $300 for a meal on Delta???? You can have a Michelin approved meal for that.
Boraxo and ceebee100 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by monitor
LGA-FLL last Saturday brought a big surprise in the form of a hot dinner.

A choice was offered between Moroccan chicken and short ribs but we as usual "always take the chicken."

Oh my goodness that is a massive slab of cheesecake. Yikes!
Carfield and sspontak like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
MEX-ATL: Options were the quiche with sausage, yogurt with granola, or a charcuterie board. No PBD, FEBO observed, and to no surprise, the quiche was gone before row 1. Quiche was corn-heavy, but probably the best "domestic" breakfast I've had in FC, although that's a low bar. (smoothie lifted from the AM lounge, one of the lounge's few redeeming features)

ATL-BOS: options were the short rib, chicken sous vide (which the FA emphasized was cold), and mushroom ravioli. No PBD, FEBO again observed. Short rib was solid, a non-ice cream dessert always is great, but the salad was the most eclectic combination, maybe an attempt at a pear salad without pear: iceberg lettuce, candied nuts, pomegranate seeds, and blue cheese?
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:54 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
😂😅

Another "millennials are ruining _________" post.

As a millennial, you're welcome 🙂

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Most of us are not Millennials, nor are we down with "avant guarde' cuisine. Eddie, bring back regular real food and save the rest for the dogs.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
I had the short rib on the outbound and the sous vide chicken on the inbound this week. Both were decent.

Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL DM

SEA-ATL Breakfast in F
737-900

Choices were the “eggs florentine” which is pictured, “fruit and cheese” plate, which my spouse got and it was actually a charcuterie plate, and lastly cold oatmeal.

I chose the eggs, which happened to be my first hot meal on a plane since 2019! The dish flavor was just OK, but miles ahead of the sad boxes. Lots going on with eggs, goat cheese, chives, spinach, thyme, sausage, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms. The croissant was actually really good and served with tasty jam.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:16 pm

ATL-FCO Dinner in D1
A330-300

Chose the “Fox Brothers BBQ Short Rib.” Very good! Best dinner I’ve ever had on a plane. Wonderfully smoky flavor, good sized portion, and not overly fatty. Served with cheese grits, fava bean succotash, and asparagus. The soup was a cream of potato and was decent. The salad was a bit strange as the dressing had an odd flavor and a huge chunk of mozzarella. Premeal starter of pickled carrots and cheese stuffed olives. Dessert was a caramel sundae with corn flakes or a pecan tart.

Very good service from this ATL based crew. Despite having to return to the gate and enduring a 2 hour mechanical delay before departure, they provided a great service and made for an excellent first international flight since Covid.

PDBs of mimosas or Miller Lite were also offered.

Carfield and krazykanuck like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:22 pm

ATL-FCO Breakfast/Pre-Arrival Meal in D1
A330-300

Pre-Arrival choices were a cold breakfast pudding (pictured) with fruit and granola, or a Quiche Lorraine.

Still feeling full from the previous dinner, I opted for the breakfast pudding as it sounded the lightest and most refreshing. Outstanding flavor! A bit heavier than I was expecting, but very tasty and would definitely order again. Served with fruit and a sesame/poppy seed bagel.

Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM
Any data points on what one might expect on a CRJ flight following the improvement to meals? IIRC, CRJs didn't use to have hot food (or perhaps I'm confusing with UA). Have a morning flight next week MSP-EWR and curious what to expect (packaged box or something else). Thank you!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Any data points on what one might expect on a CRJ flight following the improvement to meals? IIRC, CRJs didn't use to have hot food (or perhaps I'm confusing with UA). Have a morning flight next week MSP-EWR and curious what to expect (packaged box or something else). Thank you!
I've had two CR9 flights in F since hot meals resumed. Both lunches served the same boxed sandwiches and salads we have been seeing for months. Not sure about breakfast.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You spent $300 for a meal on Delta???? You can have a Michelin approved meal for that.
Not on a plane, you can't.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Apr 1, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Ascii
I've had two CR9 flights in F since hot meals resumed. Both lunches served the same boxed sandwiches and salads we have been seeing for months. Not sure about breakfast.
Thanks for the datapoints!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The CR9s operated by Endeavor have dainty little ovens for hot meals; that is, if they're serving them on the flight.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Flying RSW-LGA in F next week. 7 am departure, meal listed as breakfast. Based on some recent photos from other Florida-LGA flights, assuming hot breakfast? Even numbered flight so sit toward the front? No DL status. Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Pathetic “breakfast” in F MKE-SLC. Thankfully I catered my own Cheerios from the SkyClub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.