Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 22, 1:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Delta confirmed in a press release that Hot Meals will return in March 2022

Exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
SAT, IAD, PSC, EYW, AUA, PUJ, YYZ, YUL, YVR, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS, JAC

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 26, 22, 5:29 am

Breakfast

Hi -- I'll be flying ONT-ATL in FC in a couple of weeks DL740 departure at 7am... nearly 2000 miles.
I've received conflicting info from DL regarding what will be served for breakfast. First they told me choice of meal (omelet/rittata/strata/burrito or oatmeal/granola or pancakes/waffles), then they wrote oops sorry no breakfast at all.
Does anyone have further info? 4h morning flight without food in FC sounds surprising.
Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 22, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nantoine View Post
Hi -- I'll be flying ONT-ATL in FC in a couple of weeks DL740 departure at 7am... nearly 2000 miles.
I've received conflicting info from DL regarding what will be served for breakfast. First they told me choice of meal (omelet/rittata/strata/burrito or oatmeal/granola or pancakes/waffles), then they wrote oops sorry no breakfast at all.
Does anyone have further info? 4h morning flight without food in FC sounds surprising.
Thanks!
You def should have a meal. What they offer re choices YMMV.
nantoine likes this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by nantoine View Post
Thanks!
In a couple of weeks? That’s normally WAYYY early for menus, in my experience. Sounds odd.
Old Mar 26, 22, 9:50 pm

ALB-DTW; CR9, 488 miles. Skywest.

no glassware, no enhanced basket (just standard snacks on a tray)

Hands down best flight attendants ever. Both were former PanAm attendants who went back to work recently. I have never seen such professionalism and pride in their work, and for a regional airline no less. (Both had on PanAm pins).

DTW-MQT; CR2, 388 miles, Skywest (C+)

no beer, wine, liquor for the one row of C+, just coffee, tea, or water.
Standard 2 snack choices for all.
chrisny2 and beachmouse like this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 8:19 am

Programs: 2.75MM DL DM, Hyatt Explorist, AA Plat,Ex UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott TE
MCO-DTW lunch time. FEBO observed, no PDB. Three choices; Hot vegetable plate, Impossible burger, or cold chicken and veggie plate. Burger is NOT healthy and therefore a non-starter for me ( 500% more sodium than meat, 30% more saturated fat, and 10% more calories). Hot veggies didn't sound that good so opted for the chicken. A very strange choice. what I initially thought was potato salad turned out to be pineapple chunks sprinkled with paprika. The strange multi colored things were over cooked carrots. The chicken was OK especially when dipped in what ever the sauce was and I'm a fan of Forbidden Rice. Other than that I'd rather have had a regular Burger or even the pre Covid sliders. Note the white tablecloth and real glasswear and utensils.

Old Mar 27, 22, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
MCO-DTW lunch time. FEBO observed, no PDB. Three choices; Hot vegetable plate, Impossible burger, or cold chicken and veggie plate. Burger is NOT healthy and therefore a non-starter for me ( 500% more sodium than meat, 30% more saturated fat, and 10% more calories). Hot veggies didn't sound that good so opted for the chicken. A very strange choice. what I initially thought was potato salad turned out to be pineapple chunks sprinkled with paprika. The strange multi colored things were over cooked carrots. The chicken was OK especially when dipped in what ever the sauce was and I'm a fan of Forbidden Rice. Other than that I'd rather have had a regular Burger or even the pre Covid sliders. Note the white tablecloth and real glasswear and utensils.

That is the strangest meal… paprika on pineapple? And a little sprinkle of it over the bland chicken doesn’t disguise it. Those long unappetizing black things on top are carrots? Talk about a sad meal.
Old Mar 27, 22, 9:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LadyWrites View Post
That is the strangest meal… paprika on pineapple? And a little sprinkle of it over the bland chicken doesn’t disguise it. Those long unappetizing black things on top are carrots? Talk about a sad meal.
Publix used to sell a store brand ‘spicy pineapple’ yogurt that was something like pineapple-cinnamon that was better than it sounds- the spice cuts the sweetness of the pineapple.
Old Mar 27, 22, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Publix used to sell a store brand ‘spicy pineapple’ yogurt that was something like pineapple-cinnamon that was better than it sounds- the spice cuts the sweetness of the pineapple.
Cinnamon is great on pineapple. In the summer, I slice fresh pineapple into spears or rounds, marinate them in rum laced with a little cinnamon then pop them on the grill.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is the strangest meal… paprika on pineapple?
Well, it was a side-dish and not actually a "meal" and apparently it's not all that strange -- https://www.internationalcuisine.com...ple-and-mango/
or if you prefer it in liquid form -- https://housemadesyrup.com/products/...-paprika-syrup
Old Mar 27, 22, 11:34 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
On recent flights in C+/Main, international, they have had a side dish composed of almonds, grapes and some refrigerated substance that I couldn't figure out. It's a pressed-together greenish mix which has a very mild but indistinct flavor, in a puck shape. I asked the flight attendant what it is, and she didn't know, either. Vegetable? Cheese?

Anybody know what this is? I've eaten it and it didn't kill me, but I'm not sure I found it very enjoyable, mostly because I had no idea what it was.
Old Mar 27, 22, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Well, it was a side-dish and not actually a "meal" and apparently it's not all that strange -- https://www.internationalcuisine.com...ple-and-mango/
or if you prefer it in liquid form -- https://housemadesyrup.com/products/...-paprika-syrup
The meal overall, especially those carrots seemed strange to me, and I appreciate it being posted so I can avoid it.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 1:30 pm

I enjoy chile on pineapple. Those carrots are a problem, though!

Old Mar 27, 22, 1:36 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Cool ATL-GUA : cold terriyaki grain bowl or Salad on 3 Hour international 1st

3 hour international 1st class.
Offering were all cold choices. Terriyaki grain bowl or a Salad. Dessert was a wrapped pumpkin swirl cake.

Went with the terriyaki grain bowl. I'd rate it 8.5/10, a bit too sweet.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Offering were all cold choices. Terriyaki grain bowl or a Salad. Dessert was a wrapped pumpkin swirl cake.

There is not "international FC" per se, do you mean a route with domestic FC offerings to either Canada, the carribean, or Central America?

EDIT: I didn't see you said this was Atlanta to Guatemala City.
Carfield and krazykanuck like this.

Last edited by Pianoman109876; Mar 27, 22 at 2:45 pm Reason: Missed the post title.
Old Mar 27, 22, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.6MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Moderna Bivalent
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post

Looks great - I'd eat it!

Search this Thread