Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evea
I have a flight next week in first class from San Diego to Atlanta on the a300–200 (1,891 miles). Are they offering hot meals in first class? What if my flight leaves at 10:30pm? Do they offer any food/meal service? Thanks
No meals are served in FC on flights with departure after 9PM unless it is over 2300 miles. https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class
They will typically hand out a snack box (Market/Bistro) on these red-eye flights that are under 2300 miles. Most people will have already gone to sleep by the time they start handing them out and they only end up handing out a few from my experience.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 22, 2022 at 9:08 pm
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dup. Deleted.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 22, 2022 at 7:06 pm
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by Skicruiser58
These are my choices and to my thinking I would expect the chicken to be hot? Is this the one that is served cold? Also how is the Spinach & Artichoke dish?

I'm expecting the same menu tomorrow as I will be flying SLC-CDG on the 30th. I've had various versions of beef short rib on previous flights and it always seems to come out pretty well. The chicken roulade should definitely be served hot and I'm not sure I want to risk a cold meal for 10 hour flight.
Skicruiser58 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTom
I'm expecting the same menu tomorrow as I will be flying SLC-CDG on the 30th. I've had various versions of beef short rib on previous flights and it always seems to come out pretty well. The chicken roulade should definitely be served hot and I'm not sure I want to risk a cold meal for 10 hour flight.
The short rib is usually good in my experience, too. I do worry a little about sleeping after! I have the same concern with the pasta. I may get the fish and hope the mushrooms are big and easy to pick. I had the sea bass with okra last fall SEA-CDG and it was very good.
Skicruiser58 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
These are my choices and to my thinking I would expect the chicken to be hot? Is this the one that is served cold? Also how is the Spinach & Artichoke dish?

Yes, the D1 TATL chicken roulade is served as a hot dish…had it many times last year:

sspontak and Skicruiser58 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:48 am

Thank you Clipper Delta for clarity it looks tasty enough.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Has anyone experienced a hot meal on a U.S. to/from Central America/Caribbean flight? I'm so far 0 for 2 this month.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by SwerveDonkey
Has anyone experienced a hot meal on a U.S. to/from Central America/Caribbean flight? I'm so far 0 for 2 this month.
Not surprised as most flights to the Caribbean out of Atlanta are under 1500 miles...
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Not surprised as most flights to the Caribbean out of Atlanta are under 1500 miles...
I did SJU-JFK 2 weeks ago and struck out then (Sounded like a catering issuing in SJU so this might have been an anomaly). I have two 2000+ mile trips out of MSP coming up so hoping for an improvement.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
LIM-ATL in PS. Breakfast: choice of chocolate chip pancakes or eggs:

Pre-arrival snack: turkey sandwich

I hadn't seen this silverware before:
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
These are my choices and to my thinking I would expect the chicken to be hot? Is this the one that is served cold?
​​​​​​I didn't look closely at the chicken as I wasn't interested in a cold dish, but my partner said it was served with hummus, so it sounds like a different plating.
We couldn't see anyone around us who ordered it, either, so unfortunately I don't know how appetizing it looked (sous vide chicken should be pretty tender, though).

Last edited by RaflW; Mar 23, 2022 at 11:26 am
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:33 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
LIM-ATL in PS. Breakfast: choice of chocolate chip pancakes or eggs:

Pre-arrival snack: turkey sandwich

I hadn't seen this silverware before:
Wood or metal?
If it's plastic then you have been screwed

If it's wood it's silver ash
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Wood or metal?
If it's plastic then you have been screwed

If it's wood it's silver ash
Hard plastic, and it was fine.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Disappointing that DL hasn't restored multi-course service on the route.
Originally Posted by Milesaway76
I think I'm the only one ok with this set up
As I recall, multi-course service was eliminated in favor of single-tray in domestic Delta One well before the pandemic. There were clear cuts in cost and routes some time after the initial launch of domestic business.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Mrs T and I are flying ATL-LHR next week in D1. She needs to eat Gluten Free food, but IME airlines are not too good at delivering a nice meal if you specify GF. Usually we just see what the standard meals are and pick the non-GF bits off.

Does anyone have experience with the GF options in D1 International?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.