Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta

Entree options for DTW - CDG next week.
chrisny2 likes this.

Last edited by CowGirlMoo; Mar 21, 2022 at 6:08 am
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Westbound TATL with the new multi-course service:

First is the drink service from the cart with an amuse-bouche of cheese/olive/tomato

Then the base tray set up with bread and soup from the cart

Then the main dish is hand delivered individually from the galley

Choice of plated dessert (passion fruit cheesecake on my flight) or the ice cream with toppings and wafer biscuit (on my flight it was berries topping or toffee, while other flights appeared to have chocolate)

The slippers previously available only on long TPAC flights is supposed to be standard now on TATL as the new amenity kits no longer have socks
so uninspiring.
cmd320 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: DL, UA
Did they give you about 6 or 7 almonds at the bottom of that ramekin? Sure looks cheapo. And while it's done across a lot of carriers, the cafeteria tray look is really off-putting.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Looks like they replaced the warm mixed nuts with a small ramekin of raw almonds?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ATLintheair
Did they give you about 6 or 7 almonds at the bottom of that ramekin? Sure looks cheapo. And while it's done across a lot of carriers, the cafeteria tray look is really off-putting.
Since these were delivered with the salad/starter course, not with the amuse-bouche, I interpret them as a topping for the salad, just served on the side for allergen-management reasons. Thoughtful, not cheap-o; these are not intended to be snacking nuts.

The ex-AMS menu confirms this: "Torched Goat Cheese and Beetroot Tartare with bell pepper hummus and smoked almonds" is how the salad is described on the menu.
DCWeasel likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I saw this almost exact and picture posted above, but regardless.

IAH to DTW 3/19 8am departure.
Choice of Fruit and Cheese plate, (cold?) oatmeal or Quiche.
I chose the quiche. I thought it was delicious, the croissant wasn't crispy or flaky but still tasted like a croissant and was warmed and the butter was spreadable. Speaking of spreadable I think my favorite part was the orange marmalade.

chrisny2, sspontak and krazykanuck like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Nexus, VIA Rail Premier
Another day, another quiche. This was TPA-DTW on a 739 at 6AM. I was quite surprised at the quality for plane food. Had real glassware/tablecloth and all!

chrisny2 and sspontak like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:28 pm

The menu for D1 SLC-CDG next week. I was hoping for a refresh of the mains but no such luck, and both of the special options have mushrooms. Pasta it is!

Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
Real glass on my OMA to MSP on Delta Connection, no PDB...not expecting one. Was oh my drink then, oh wait this is glass! My last flight was Feb 28 PVR to ATL, all plastic and Sad Box, as expected. I was warned that outstations may have issues with catering to Hot Meals for a while...makes sense.
Next flight MPS to SJC, 4 hours FEBO, We are odd, will be interested to see how they handle...and what we get...more to come!
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by ljreinholt
Real glass on my OMA to MSP on Delta Connection, no PDB...not expecting one. Was oh my drink then, oh wait this is glass! My last flight was Feb 28 PVR to ATL, all plastic and Sad Box, as expected. I was warned that outstations may have issues with catering to Hot Meals for a while...makes sense.
Next flight MPS to SJC, 4 hours FEBO, We are odd, will be interested to see how they handle...and what we get...more to come!
Let me know what the service levels are out of MSP. I have an MSP-SFO (1,500+ mile route) this week and I'm really curious to see what ends up happening on board. I'm crossing my fingers for glassware and hot meals!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
MSP - FLL

Departing tomorrow evening, are we likely to get the cold boxes? Wondering how much to graze pre-flight.
(If we get hot meals, I'll try to take a pic!)
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Disappointing that DL hasn't restored multi-course service on the route.
I think I'm the only one ok with this set up
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:55 pm

Not too exciting! I have flight in the next week from SLC-CDG - haven’t gotten the menu yet - hoping it’s “better” choices.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Anyone know which snack basket F is supposed to get on short (<900 mi) flights? Flew BOS-EWR two Fridays in a row (same flight times and both on 9E CR9s) and the first flight had the good one (with the chips / chocolate shortbread squares that are not very good and you should not take) while the second flight was just biscoffs + almonds + honey grahams, so am now wondering which one is the "correct" basket that I should have gotten.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by RaflW
Departing tomorrow evening, are we likely to get the cold boxes? Wondering how much to graze pre-flight.
(If we get hot meals, I'll try to take a pic!)
Report Back. I have MSP-SFO this week, curious about the service as well…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.