Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:24 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Platinum
SEA-JFK, D1, 752
Set waters, PDB offered: sparkling wine served in plastic cup
Dinner: Beef osso bucco

To be honest, it was underwhelming. The best part of the main was the kale, and I didn't touch the dessert. I'd recommend the chicken or the vegetarian dish instead.
chrisny2, sspontak and BenA like this.

Last edited by viz; Mar 15, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by BenA
Depends on region and competitiveness. You almost never see full service on DTW/ATL-Outstation on this stage length, but on the west coast where alternatives abound, you could find hot meals on SEA-SFO pre-pandemic (670 miles, and well under two hours at 1h35m aloft).

Heck, for a while, even economy got meals on those routes.
Oh yeah, I remember that - that was great while it lasted. For those wondering - this is what DL served me on a couple of SEA-SFO flights back then - they were about half the size of the BOB meals that DL sold in domestic Y and the comp meals on transcons in Y before 2020. For such a short flight in Y, I sure wasn't complaining.

zeer0 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Two food related articles posted this morning:

https://news.delta.com/holistic-well...ns-travel-well
https://news.delta.com/impossible-fo...-onboard-delta

Nice to FINALLY see Delta addressing the pathetic in flight experience on their domestic ops.
I haven't seen it talked about since it's probably a minor thing, but I got to try the "Kate’s Real Food Dark Chocolate, Cherry & Almond" squares today and they were quite good. The FA gave 2 bc they are rather small. You could tell by the taste/texture they were gluten free, and that they (probably) have less sugar than the KIND Bars I ate a couple years ago. But a nice GF addition nonetheless.

I also don't know if catering was unreasonably good in Y today, but I haven't seen 4 snack options in a while.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I haven't seen it talked about since it's probably a minor thing, but I got to try the "Kate’s Real Food Dark Chocolate, Cherry & Almond" squares today and they were quite good. The FA gave 2 bc they are rather small. You could tell by the taste/texture they were gluten free, and that they (probably) have less sugar than the KIND Bars I ate a couple years ago. But a nice GF addition nonetheless.

I also don't know if catering was unreasonably good in Y today, but I haven't seen 4 snack options in a while.
The 4 options in Y is normal now, they said that was coming when they announced the hot meal return.
FlyerWx likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:50 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by viz
SEA-JFK, D1, 752

To be honest, it was underwhelming. The best part of the main was the kale, and I didn't touch the dessert. I'd recommend the chicken or the vegetarian dish instead.
I do think it’s a bit odd DL is serving proteins with bones in them (I also saw a pic of a chicken thigh w bone), since they know people will only have a butter knife to cut with.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by dw
I do think it’s a bit odd DL is serving proteins with bones in them (I also saw a pic of a chicken thigh w bone), since they know people will only have a butter knife to cut with.
Not a problem for me. I love chicken thighs with bone-in and I don't hesitate to pick them up between my fingers to gnaw around the bone
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by viz
SEA-JFK, D1, 752
Agree with your assessment 100%. This one is a total miss on DL's part.

Separately, I think it's kind of wild that you got the same meal on SEA-JFK in Delta One that I did on a 1000 mile SEA-DEN 738 flight. (Different dessert, but oddly, my cheesecake slice seems almost more premum-looking than your yogurt cup).
viz likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prιfιrence
Real glasses returned today on STL-LGA CR9 flight. First time for me since March 16, 2020 LAS-JFK. Unfortunately, plastic cups were used on LGA-CLE.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
IAH-LGA, 3/17, breakfast flight with FEBO being observed. Choice of the ham quiche, fruit and cheese plate, or some oatmeal type option. Went with the quiche and it was decently good. The warmed croissant lookalike on the side served with butter and peach jam was really good though.

defrosted likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Route? Departure time?
It was ATL-Caribbean. Many miles over 1000. And only inedible boxes, and drinks in plastic cups. I'm glad I wasn't one of the people that paid $2,000 for FC, as I think the people in Comfort+ got more food from their snack baskets.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by JW6130
It was ATL-Caribbean. Many miles over 1000. And only inedible boxes, and drinks in plastic cups. I'm glad I wasn't one of the people that paid $2,000 for FC, as I think the people in Comfort+ got more food from their snack baskets.
fwiw, Delta usually doesn't consider Caribbean/Mexico to be true "international," but if this was a ATL-Aruba etc. length flight, it's absurd that you didn't get a full meal, especially leaving from a hub.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by tubesoxs
Has anyone had the breakfast biscuit sandwich?
To respond to my own comment, I ended up with the breakfast biscuit sandwich which was served not on a biscuit but on ciabatta, not with bacon but with tomato, and not with plain scrambled eggs but with the cheddar scrambled eggs from the other menu selection. Coupled with what appeared to be a dumping of leftover Parmesan from the bottom of the bag it was an very underwhelming meal for a Delta One flight (although my expectations are always low for breakfast). The maple cinnamon butter was good though.

chrisny2 and sspontak like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

3/17/2022, DL1230, IND-ATL, seems Delta is being inconsistent with glassware (as you can see I got a plastic cup) but was delighted to see the full snack basket on this sub 500 mile flight.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:27 pm

They are still offering those terrible boxes in FC on LAX-BNA route as of a couple days ago. On the bright side, the new SkyClub at BNA is nice!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
New Delta One service

Westbound TATL with the new multi-course service:

First is the drink service from the cart with an amuse-bouche of cheese/olive/tomato

Then the base tray set up with bread and soup from the cart

Then the main dish is hand delivered individually from the galley

Choice of plated dessert (passion fruit cheesecake on my flight) or the ice cream with toppings and wafer biscuit (on my flight it was berries topping or toffee, while other flights appeared to have chocolate)

The slippers previously available only on long TPAC flights is supposed to be standard now on TATL as the new amenity kits no longer have socks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.