Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:00 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
dang D1 FCO-ATL was Michelin star quality to the power of 10 - look at this yumminess in all its glory
Looks pretty good for international D1 catering… but let’s not go overboard here ;-)
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM
dang D1 FCO-ATL was Michelin star quality to the power of 10 - look at this yumminess in all its glory
Steak looks perfect for my tastes!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
I wish that steak would show up on one of my flights. They need a change of pace from the beef short rib.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Feb 27, 2022 at 8:30 am
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Look what’s back!

These…um… gross cookies are back in the snack basket (ex-LGA). Under no circumstances should you eat them. Don’t worry, if I’m on your flight, I’ll make sure to take one (or them all) for the team…

Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Steak looks perfect for my tastes!
A little underdone for me, but I would totally eat it anyway. Better a little underdone than a little overdone is my motto. OTOH, it would be perfect for my late dad's tastes. His motto was "as long as it's not mooing it's fine".
findark and dcadwell like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
These…um… gross cookies are back in the snack basket (ex-LGA). Under no circumstances should you eat them. Don’t worry, if I’m on your flight, I’ll make sure to take one (or them all) for the team…

Your selflessness is duly noted.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:04 am

Ewwww. Are they from France? I’ll stick with my Petit Ecolier biscuits. At least they’re not foreign. 😂
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I’ve been seeing the pink dark chocolate sea salt ones. Just terrible.

Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:22 am

I thought you mean “pink sea salt” which is all the rage now.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by dw
Looks pretty good for international D1 catering… but let’s not go overboard here ;-)
I may or may not have been sarcastic
eeb100k likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 6:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm sorry I can't equate Michelin Star Quality with a meal where you get to watch your ice cream melt as you eat.
Play by Plane likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Anyone had the hot roast beef + swiss on a baguette on domestic Delta One?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm sorry I can't equate Michelin Star Quality with a meal where you get to watch your ice cream melt as you eat.
pretty sure at a Michelin star restaurant you don’t need to eat ice cream and soup with the same spoon

have had a huge pile of D1 meals 20+ during covid and the domestic ones are generally far better than international for some inexplicable reason… the bottom one is one of the best meals I’ve had on a plane!! Top one was international which you can tell from the ice cream and only 1/10th as good as bottom

Last edited by Tedgrrrr; Feb 28, 2022 at 4:59 am
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:42 am

LAX to SYD in late 2021

Skipped dinner on the outbound

Breakfast on way to SYD

Dinner on way to LAX

Mid-flight snack

Landing @ LAX

demkr likes this.

Last edited by Tedgrrrr; Feb 28, 2022 at 5:04 am
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:35 am

pretty sure at a Michelin star restaurant you don’t need to eat ice cream and soup with the same spoon

have had a huge pile of D1 meals 20+ during covid and the domestic ones are generally far better than international for some inexplicable reason… the bottom one is one of the best meals I’ve had on a plane!! Top one was international which you can tell from the ice cream and only 1/10th as good as bottom

Why ARE domestic D1 desserts better than international? It's a bit of a head scratcher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.