Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I’m posting this here and in the dedicated PS page because people might look in both places…
I have a friend who is a purser who is currently nonrevving- he just posted a pic of the new PS meal service.
looks like economy but with real silverware and glassware. Frankly I’m happier with that tbh.
even though DL called this a big improvement… it’s so far far away from the PS experience in 2019… ah good old days
dw, cmd320, GagaPilot and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, TrueBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Amtrak Rewards
Originally Posted by jrl767
Mrs767 and I are not thrilled by the D1 dinner options for JFK-SEA on Sun

also curious about “contains pork” in the description of the BBQ Wing Platter
Is this called MARTA as in the train? Interesting name.
cmd320, truncated and GagaPilot like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A319 V2500
MARTA as in the restaurant would be my guess -- https://www.martamanhattan.com/menus/
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by A319 V2500
I was about to ask if these are from the guy selling VHS tapes out of a Foot Locker shopping bag or the one with bottled water and incense in the rolling cooler. Does it come with a bible writing a la Alaska First of days past that if you like you can keep for $1?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Double sad box lunch and dinner in and out of ATL today. One came with white linen and a glass.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver

Sorry for the orientation. Currently in flight JFK-KEF in Y and this was the meal. Some sort of chicken sandwich or a cheese plate. I’m not picky so I still ate it all, but man this was bad…thank god there were *two* slices of apple to make up for it…my fiancé got the cheese plate which looked (and tasted) way better. I knew it was a short flight but I guess I was expecting a hot meal. Oh well hahaha
wrp96 and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Sad Box lunch into ATL out of Tucson on 9/30. I get TUS is an outstation with no real catering, but if AA can manage to serve a cold meal plated on a tray with real silverware, why can't Delta? The curry chicken salad was not terrible, but how about some better presentation for an $1,100 seat?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Sad Box lunch into ATL out of Tucson on 9/30. I get TUS is an outstation with no real catering, but if AA can manage to serve a cold meal plated on a tray with real silverware, why can't Delta? The curry chicken salad was not terrible, but how about some better presentation for an $1,100 seat?
For the return flight, you will not even get the Sad Box if you take the early flight (6am). Instead you get the "Bistro Box" which the FA helpfully described as Junk Food. I loathe having to take DL on this route but AA was $800 more this time so I made my own breakfast burrito and brought onboard.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Oh wait, I see that was the return. Anyway, it's the same on the way out. To add insult to injury today, my seat didn't recline.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS
LAX/ MCO. 10:40 am departure
Oct 8 First class offerings

A collection of our customer favorites available on your flight
CHICKEN MARSALA
with roasted garlic potato puree and braised kale

SELECT >
JON & VINNY'S MARINARA BRAISED MEATBALLS*
with Bianco DiNapoli tomato, garlic bread and Gioia ricotta.

*Contains Pork

SELECT >
COLD GRILLED VEGETABLE ANTIPASTO *
with gigante beans.
Served with gem lettuce side salad.

*Vegetarian Selection

SELECT >
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:20 pm

It seems like Delta has forgotten you need to include one totally normal meal option.
ebayj, AKC6, Air Houston and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
ICN-ATL choices in D1. Although I enjoy some spicy food, usually avoid it on long flights. Maybe try the chicken…

PS from ATL-HND was basically worse than Y options - but the did put down the tablecloth 😒

Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:03 am

Domestic First - Special Meal available?

SEA-LAX evening flight in F.

Seeing the “Select Entree” option but it won’t save. It appears that I have special requests set up on my profile for “Asian Vegetarian” meal.
I assume this would be an option for international routes but does domestic First cater special meal requests like these?

If not, I’d prefer to remove that preference and be able to select the only vegetarian entree from the list.

Any data points?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by BenA
Menu for an upcoming SEA-ATL midday flight. Buckle up, this one's an adventure:

HEMPLER'S SMOKED PEPPERED CHICKEN SALAD
with pickled mustard leaves, shaved rainbow carrots, radish, fried rapine, toasted pumpkin seeds, and sherry walnut vinaigrette. Served with side of fresh fruit.

FLORENCE FENNEL FLAN CROQUETTES
with baby yellow beets, sauteed chanterelle mushrooms, and herb cream sauce. Served with a side tricolor quinoa salad with edamame, dragon fruit, and smoked tomato vinaigrette.

OLYMPIA PROVISIONS CHARCUTERIE
with salami, ham, pork pistachio pate, Beecher's cheddar, whipped Marco Polo, and Dutch Hollow cheese, bread and butter zucchini relish, dried currants, and ciabatta crostini. Served with Washington pear salad.

---

Fennel flan croquettes are so far off the culinary rails I decided to go searching to see if this, uh, unique idea ever existed previously in the world. The only place they have ever been mentioned in the history of the Internet is...... you guessed it, a Polaris menu from two months ago. If you're going to cheat off UA's homework, at least copy the right answers and make it a little less obvious, would ya, Ed? :P

The photos of UA's version are not pretty, so, uh, I'm not planning to gamble on the flan. But charcuterie is not lunch either, so I guess that leaves the salad... unless someone wants to bribe me to take one for the team and sponsor an investigation into seeing just how horrifying this idea ends up being in practice of course
what did you go with? Any photos?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by slimjd
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB
with creamy mascarpone polenta, grilled zucchini, peppers, and eggplant
CHICKEN SUPREME
with thyme jus, sweet potato, sauteed kale and red peppers
BUFFALO MOZZARELLA MEZZALUNA*
with oven roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and Parmesan thyme butter

*Vegetarian Selection
LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
SKIPPER OF COD AND SALMON
with celeriac mousseline, sauteed baby spinach
DUET OF BRAISED LAMB AND GRILLED LAMB CHOP
with potatoes au gratin, grilled asparagus, and pepperonata vegetables
Have the exact same menu ex-BOS next Friday — did you end up going with the lamb and how was it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.