Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's in the salad bowl? It looks like vanilla sorbet, guac, maybe small pieces of figs, and a few leaves of salad-like greens.
looks like burrata with figs and pesto
golfr likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
My last flight that had a COVID box....Flight attendants heated up some meal in the oven which of course made the front of the cabin smell like a meal was coming. In case anyone was dumb enough to think they were getting a box because the oven was broken, that surely set them straight.
Admittedly I hadn't flown the route since 2017 but even back then it was still the equivalent of a boxed meal, even if it was plated...no warm option. And I was impressed there were 3 options.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:16 pm

Does anyone know if Delta still serves hot meals on ATL-LGA/JFK routes? It used to be an exception to the 900+ mile rule pre-covid, but have not heard if the exception stands today or if they no longer serve meals on these routes. On their website it just says "drinks, snacks, drinks".
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's in the salad bowl? It looks like vanilla sorbet, guac, maybe small pieces of figs, and a few leaves of salad-like greens.
some kind of cheese and hard sausage cuts. I don't know what the green stuff was.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ifrjaws
Does anyone know if Delta still serves hot meals on ATL-LGA/JFK routes? It used to be an exception to the 900+ mile rule pre-covid, but have not heard if the exception stands today or if they no longer serve meals on these routes. On their website it just says "drinks, snacks, drinks".
There are no longer exceptions post-Covid and there are no meals on any routes under 900 miles.
doubleA likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Little bit of a rough experience service wise on DL5630 JAX-BOS right now. No meals catered and power outlet is broken. Is it worth it to write in and complain given the response times, should I call in instead? What would y’all suggest here? Earned PM on a paid First ticket and ticket does indicate a lunch service on this 900+ mile flight.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Little bit of a rough experience service wise on DL5630 JAX-BOS right now. No meals catered and power outlet is broken. Is it worth it to write in and complain given the response times, should I call in instead? What would y’all suggest here? Earned PM on a paid First ticket and ticket does indicate a lunch service on this 900+ mile flight.
Write in. Always write in. A written and time-stamped record is much easier to prove you did it than a phone call.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Had this twice last week, both flights from MSP, and it is buratta (actually decent quality, although it helps to let it come to temperature), dried fig (ok), and a weird version of "pâté di pesto alla genovese" (what Americans understand as pesto, but in a thick paste). I found it cloy, but it is easily avoided.
OTOH, all four of my flights last week were catered and were between acceptable and good. MSP-SFO the Indian inspired vegetable dish was nice, if not overwhelming; the salad JFK-MSP (on a CRJ-900, the worst aircraft IMO) was actually quite nice and very fresh; breakfast cold oats SMF-MSP was decent; and MSP-LGA was quite good vegetarian affair. Not to pre-Covid standards (although DL was never amazing for North American catering), but much improved from earlier this year.
golfr likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
New PS service

I’m posting this here and in the dedicated PS page because people might look in both places…
I have a friend who is a purser who is currently nonrevving- he just posted a pic of the new PS meal service.
looks like economy but with real silverware and glassware. Frankly I’m happier with that tbh.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Did the reverse of what I posted a few days ago, LGA-XNA. 3 options, a rosemary ham sandwich, a curry chicken salad, and a superfood grain bowl. I got the sandwich again and it looked very familiar. Honestly I preferred the "rosemary" to the "italian" from a few days ago; but they were both fine.

Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by stewarttm
Just received my options for my DTW - MCO flight next week.

PULLED BEEF TART
with potato mash, sauteed vegetables, horseradish mousseline, and thyme jus.
Served with a side salad with fried aubergines and honey mustard dressing

PRAWN SALAD
with little gem lettuce, mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, and traditional cocktail sauce.
Served with a side of seasonal fresh fruit.

HANDMADE ARTICHOKE RAVIOLI*
with oven roasted cherry tomatoes and shaved parmesan.
Served with a side salad with fried aubergines and honey mustard dressing

*Vegetarian Selection

I just had a DTW westbound flight with this exact menu and this is the pulled beef tart. I did not think it matched the description.

the “tart” seemed like Delta’s version of a latke? I think the jus had mustard seeds? See pic below. Overall, I was hungry because the SC only had sandwiches so I ate this but it was definitely a mid meal.

tomatoes and aubergines were from the salad.

Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Menu for an upcoming SEA-ATL midday flight. Buckle up, this one's an adventure:

HEMPLER'S SMOKED PEPPERED CHICKEN SALAD
with pickled mustard leaves, shaved rainbow carrots, radish, fried rapine, toasted pumpkin seeds, and sherry walnut vinaigrette. Served with side of fresh fruit.

FLORENCE FENNEL FLAN CROQUETTES
with baby yellow beets, sauteed chanterelle mushrooms, and herb cream sauce. Served with a side tricolor quinoa salad with edamame, dragon fruit, and smoked tomato vinaigrette.

OLYMPIA PROVISIONS CHARCUTERIE
with salami, ham, pork pistachio pate, Beecher's cheddar, whipped Marco Polo, and Dutch Hollow cheese, bread and butter zucchini relish, dried currants, and ciabatta crostini. Served with Washington pear salad.

---

Fennel flan croquettes are so far off the culinary rails I decided to go searching to see if this, uh, unique idea ever existed previously in the world. The only place they have ever been mentioned in the history of the Internet is...... you guessed it, a Polaris menu from two months ago. If you're going to cheat off UA's homework, at least copy the right answers and make it a little less obvious, would ya, Ed? :P

The photos of UA's version are not pretty, so, uh, I'm not planning to gamble on the flan. But charcuterie is not lunch either, so I guess that leaves the salad... unless someone wants to bribe me to take one for the team and sponsor an investigation into seeing just how horrifying this idea ends up being in practice of course
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
Had this twice last week, both flights from MSP, and it is buratta (actually decent quality, although it helps to let it come to temperature), dried fig (ok), and a weird version of "pâté di pesto alla genovese" (what Americans understand as pesto, but in a thick paste). I found it cloy, but it is easily avoided.
OTOH, all four of my flights last week were catered and were between acceptable and good. MSP-SFO the Indian inspired vegetable dish was nice, if not overwhelming; the salad JFK-MSP (on a CRJ-900, the worst aircraft IMO) was actually quite nice and very fresh; breakfast cold oats SMF-MSP was decent; and MSP-LGA was quite good vegetarian affair. Not to pre-Covid standards (although DL was never amazing for North American catering), but much improved from earlier this year.
Do you mean Indian from India or Native American Indian? If the latter, note that there's a newish restaurant in the MSP area (I haven't tried it) based on Native cuisine that's been getting attention and awards. Could DL be partnering with them for unique meals out of MSP?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
ATL-YUL Sad box choices of ham sandwich or grain bowl. Delta still has no catering in Canada, regardless of city. Confirmed shortly after arrival there is however food available in this country of 40 million.

Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
ATL-YUL Sad box choices of ham sandwich or grain bowl. Delta still has no catering in Canada, regardless of city. Confirmed shortly after arrival there is however food available in this country of 40 million.

This is sadly an improvement upon what I have received a number of times ATL-YUL pre-pandemic... usually a CRJ-700 or -900 at the time and usually breakfast which would be a choice of cereal and frozen fruit or nothing at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.