Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
IME no meals on redeye flights. Just snacks.

David
Redeye flights over 2300 miles (pretty much only coast-to-coast flights) get meals -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class
SEA-ATL is only 2182 miles and hence no meals on redeye (FA's generally offer snack boxes to anyone who's not sleeping on these redeyes).
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
Redeye flights over 2300 miles (pretty much only coast-to-coast flights) get meals -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class
SEA-ATL is only 2182 miles and hence no meals on redeye (FA's generally offer snack boxes to anyone who's not sleeping on these redeyes).
Wouldn't some of the Alaska redeyes be over 2300 miles?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wouldn't some of the Alaska redeyes be over 2300 miles?
Yes, I was actually just looking at an Alaska red eye on DL from ANC-MSP and it has dinner in First since it’s 2300+.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Yes, I was actually just looking at an Alaska red eye on DL from ANC-MSP and it has dinner in First since it’s 2300+.
IIRC FAI-SEA is about 3000 miles. ATL-ANC (seasonal) would be longer than MSP-ANC.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC FAI-SEA is about 3000 miles. ATL-ANC (seasonal) would be longer than MSP-ANC.
FAI-SEA is half that - 1,500 miles - so definitely no meal on the redeye.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:41 am

SEA-BOS is listed as 2,496 miles flown on delta.com so it should qualify for meal service redeye or not correct?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:01 pm

DTW-CDG

BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB
with creamy mascarpone polenta, grilled zucchini, peppers, and eggplant
CHICKEN SUPREME
with thyme jus, sweet potato, sauteed kale and red peppers
BUFFALO MOZZARELLA MEZZALUNA*
with oven roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and Parmesan thyme butter

*Vegetarian Selection
LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
SKIPPER OF COD AND SALMON
with celeriac mousseline, sauteed baby spinach
DUET OF BRAISED LAMB AND GRILLED LAMB CHOP
with potatoes au gratin, grilled asparagus, and pepperonata vegetables

Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by slimjd
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB
with creamy mascarpone polenta, grilled zucchini, peppers, and eggplant
CHICKEN SUPREME
with thyme jus, sweet potato, sauteed kale and red peppers
BUFFALO MOZZARELLA MEZZALUNA*
with oven roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and Parmesan thyme butter

*Vegetarian Selection
LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
SKIPPER OF COD AND SALMON
with celeriac mousseline, sauteed baby spinach
DUET OF BRAISED LAMB AND GRILLED LAMB CHOP
with potatoes au gratin, grilled asparagus, and pepperonata vegetables
Has anyone had the lamb? Dish you would recommend?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ayyoant
SEA-BOS is listed as 2,496 miles flown on delta.com so it should qualify for meal service redeye or not correct?
Yes. It's listed as having dinner on flight. They might have more limited selection due to redeye. Not sure.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Maybe we will be back to some red meat now that Beyond Meat has tasted blood?

Beyond Meat executive arrested on suspicion of biting a man's nose
af fp and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Delta's contract seems to be with Impossible, not Beyond.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, AMEX, National, Avis
Originally Posted by Ayyoant
Yes. It's listed as having dinner on flight. They might have more limited selection due to redeye. Not sure.
I flew the SEA-BOS redeye this past Saturday. While I was not given the option to preselect a meal in the app for this route (but was for the other two non-redeye flights in my iten), the FA did come through asking if anyone would be having dinner that night. I didn’t see anyone take them up on it so don’t know what the options ended up being.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yep +1. Didn't get on ATL - SFO last week because it left after 9pm which was a bit annoying but as suggested upthread to another poster, I instead just got Chick-fil-A during my layover and it was probably better than what they would've served on board
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have mixed feelings about the latest HNL-MSP/ATL menu. While I appreciate diverse and locally-themed menus, I felt this one was too narrow and focused; I would have liked at least one "mainstream" menu item as a selection.

For dinner, the salad is described as a "Pineapple Poke Bowl with Soy-Mirin Dressing" which is a bit of a reach as poke is traditionally a dish made with raw seafood.

I didn't care for any of the options so I ordered the Kalua Pork and Cheesy Pasta (which was bowtie this flight after being penne on an earlier trip). The packet of Tabasco that I liberated from the HNL SkyClub helped this dish greatly.

+1 had the Opakapaka (Hawaiian pink snapper) which I was surprised to see on the menu as it is a premium fish with limited availability and only caught by hook and line so was not expecting to see it on a mass-catered meal. It was a little over-cooked but otherwise fine.

For dessert, the Bacon Pineapple Custard with baby roasted potatoes, spinach and red pepper was a bit of a mess; I would have much preferred a more basic savory meal. The other option was Island French Toast with strawberries, wild flower honey, and whipped vanilla mascarpone so no escaping a sweet breakfast meal.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 21, 2022 at 6:22 am
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Wait what - bacon pineapple custard with spuds and veg for dessert? That sounds ... odd?
MSPeconomist and cmd320 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.