Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
FA did not refer to this as BBQ Beef, as it was presented at meal selection; I'd call it shredded (pulled) beef, loved the bread. "Cake" was closer to fudge I thought.

Beef sandwich, green bean salad, chocolate cake, and dish of almonds.
sspontak likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
ATL-SEA - DL 334 - 14 Sep (Breakfast)

"The Eggs". No preorder menu was sent, so I don't have any more details, and the ATL-based F/A (moving in some definitely-not-FEBO hopscotch configuration that meant I was one of the last to have my order taken) didn't provide any more insight. Other options were a chia oatmeal or charcuterie (sold out by the time they got to me).

This meal was a travesty - one of the worst things Delta's served me in recent memory. I overheard some later galley conversation that this was supposed to be a Fox Brothers BBQ meal and, if so, yikes... I had high hopes but this was not a success. Two flavorless egg cubes, swimming in a lake of pimento-mayo soup, with a side of potatoes and a few little bits of pure gristle and fat masquerading as burnt ends. Great concept, horrible execution. Even the everything bagel and all-watermelon fruit salad were pretty sad.

The oatmeal my seatmate chose looked pretty good, and I would definitely suggest opting for that instead if given a similar choice.

On the plus side, the Une Femme canned sparkling wine is really great and makes a solid mimosa... solid addition to the beverage cart. Now if we could just get them to stock the cold brew on domestic transcon flights...

As an aside, this flight was on the new-to-Delta LATAM A350, and while there were a hilarious number of maintenance issues (fuel system issues on departure, can't open the door on the ground on arrival due to pressurization not being released, several seats not reclining correctly throughout the cabin, IFE remote completely frozen up with dried coffee) it still beats a 737-900 for a transcon. The interior looks superficially new but the seats are very non-private and there is actually quite a bit of evidence of wear when you look closer; hopefully these go in for refurb quickly and don't refill the role of the ancient 2-2-2 767-300 that used to turn up on transcons back in the day.
Minnyappleus and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a DM, I would have asked the FA why my meal order was being taken so late. Your status might have been incorrect on the flight manifest, or perhaps there was confusion due to a seat change. I don't think FAs get information regarding who was upgraded and who purchased premium cabin tickets, although they might observe gate upgrades. They certainly know who the nonrevs are.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by BrandonAB
DL 1093 Minneapolis - Anchorage
Although our departure time was 9:10pm, this flight is over 2300 miles so we were offered a meal in First Class. The flight time was about 5 hours.
I was given the choice between short ribs or a vegetarian entrée and I chose the short ribs:
BrandonAB How was it? I have that same menu on upcoming flight.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:53 pm

The Marta (Union Square Hospitality) Chicken Meatballs

JFK-MIA 2243
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by realjd
Nope, none at all. This was both on my ATL-RDU on Monday and back yesterday. Both ways, water or coffee only, no snacks. I even asked was was told no. The MLB-ATL-MLB flights are marginally longer and they both had beer and wine in C+, but the only other options were water and coffee. Those had a snack both ways.

I’m also irritated that the bartender SkyClub last night wouldn’t change the NFL network covering nothing over to either the US Open or college football. He said Delta says they can’t change the TVs anymore. But that’s unrelated and a small annoyance; I just wanted to complain!
I flew this route earlier in the week. I was in F so wasn't directly able to observe service but they announced that it was beer, wine, and any soft drinks for main cabin service and this was on an A321 and in spite of the fact that thunderstorms in the area meant FAs were in their seats for a longer time during climb out.

Seems like a YMMV situation unfortunately on some of these corner cases (both for distance and also heavily traveled routes)
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by shoodawg

JFK-MIA 2243

JFK-SFO
shoodawg and sspontak like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: Diamond SkyMiles (2MM), Executive (Lifetime NWA) Skyclub, UAL Mileage Plus, IHG Plat Elite
9/17/2022: DL2098 FSD-ATL (955 miles 05:41 departure). Only Bistro or Market boxes offered in F for breakfast; No hot option. Pre Departure Beverage offered.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
For a short flight (SFO-SLC, 598 miles), will there be any food provided, or just the snack basket? I see pre-order available for my longer leg (SLC-MCO), but no info about that short one.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Anyone have the brisket yet?
I would highly recommend avoiding this particular presentation of the beef brisket ex-SEA. I have had similar presentations ex-MSP and ex-ATL that were great. But having this a month ago ex-SEA was horrible. Extremely dry, tasteless, and burnt. I believe I posted a picture somewhere up this thread. I’d recommend the bolognese. That at least appeared edible.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ab2013
Just curious, is there a site for domestic first class, and what's the link for that if there is? This looks similar to the page for flight fuel and D1 menus.
these were the links on the plane for my JFk-AUA flight that served pathetic covid boxes…can’t figure out a pattern in the links though

https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/CORE-CB/indexB.html

https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/CORE-CB/indexL.html
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/L...xB-static.html

New QR codes for First Class Digital Menu located on the IFE! Similar to D1.
Originally Posted by xliioper
Don't think there are any sites for domestic first class as there is a considerable amount of variability there. Including a number of destinations that only get cold meal box choices.
There are new landing pages, similar to D1, for FC menus. QR code for the link is on the IFE.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jewree
For a short flight (SFO-SLC, 598 miles), will there be any food provided, or just the snack basket? I see pre-order available for my longer leg (SLC-MCO), but no info about that short one.
That's well short of 900 mile threshold for FC meal service. It will just be snack basket.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM

Has anyone had this chilled "spiced" chicken breast? Did we figure out what "spiced" meant?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by jewree
Sir, this is Delta Airlines, that's far too short a trip. You'd need to be on some luxury carrier, something crazy extravagant, something like...Mahan Air, to get a meal on a flight of that length. Delta can't be expected to provide the service of an airline like Mahan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.