Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
The Georgia shrimp selection on DL 82 this past Saturday. The shrimp were actually cooked correctly. Overall one of the better selections in a while. The presentation, however...
NotHamSarnie and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer

Delta is getting too creative again. I can't say I find any of these options to be enticing.

We are flying Delta One from JFK-CPH next week and this is the selection I just received in an email. Will this be all that's available for the dinner meal? So if we don't pre-select, these will still be the only options on board, although with the risk of them running out of some choices?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by SusanDK
We are flying Delta One from JFK-CPH next week and this is the selection I just received in an email. Will this be all that's available for the dinner meal? So if we don't pre-select, these will still be the only options on board, although with the risk of them running out of some choices?
Should be. There are some pre-order only entrees on some flights, but if you didn't get those on the email than that is probably it
SusanDK likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Correct. The preorder options are always intended to be a superset of what's available on board, so there's no downside to preordering; you aren't missing out on any secret daily specials that only appear once you board.

On the flip side, certain meal options are preorder only, so there may be fewer options if you wait to make your selection. (Preorder-only options are clarly indicated as such.)
SusanDK likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL PM
That impossible burger gives me the equivalent of uncanny valley but for food. It looks like a brownie sandwich topped with an onion. A well done steak looks far more appetizing
KDCAflyer likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I’m going to start ordering special meals if none of the main menu options look good. I’ve heard AA’s diabetic meal is quite good. Might try the same with Delta.
I have been ordering Kosher meals when the meals listed don't appeal to me. So far I'm 2/2 on having a good meal. One time I got baked whitefish. Another time I got beef meatballs with penne pasta. Both came with more sides than I really needed! Just another option.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by tjm

As for "Impossible", my daughter is vegan and tells me there is nothing worse than fake meat, regardless of brand. That's enough for me to avoid it.
Your daughter is absolutely correct. I am no longer a vegetarian, but sometimes opt for the vegetarian meal if it appeals more than other choices. I'm super annoyed that Delta is leaning heavily into the "Impossible" meats.
Aloha1, NotHamSarnie and dmarge18 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Just out of curiosity... for the people who claim Impossible foods are "Impossibly unhealthy".. do you also eschew regular burgers, too?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta; Bonvoy
Nope, I eat regular burgers; not terribly often because ground beef isn't my favorite, but I do eat it. I just don't like the taste of the Impossible meat (and wasn't a fan of fake meat of any sort even when I was a vegetarian). I have no opinion on whether or not they are "healthier" than real meat--they likely are, but if I don't like how they taste I'm not inclined to eat them.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by hbrogan
I have no opinion on whether or not they are "healthier" than real meat--they likely are, but if I don't like how they taste I'm not inclined to eat them.
I'm actually just pointing out that they are comparable to real meat (nobody seems to come out of the woodwork to shame DL for serving horrifically unhealthy regular burgers)

Completely fair if you don't like the taste. I'm quite happy with the modern fake-ground-meat and will eat it for sustainability reasons, but am under no illusion that it is a dietary improvement over real meat.
chrisny2, beachmouse and CalebMCO like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've never cared for "fake" meat. However what DL has been serving has been quite tasty IMO. I even like the impossible sausage patties in the SC at breakfast. Taste better than actual sausage patties, IMO.

KLM J class pre-arrival burger is actually an "impossible meat" burger. For longest time I didn't know it wasn't meat. I had no clue, KLM FA happened to mention in her description. I replied why did they change, to which I found out it hadn't. I just had never been told.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Looks tasty! (Though they highlight the cookies for dessert as if it's something to be excited about vs. a real dessert.)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I find it hilarious that people really think airplanes like the 757, 763 and 738 have such an "old" product. They should go check out the IFE on American....oh wait.
I wonder how many people that complain about being subjected to the indignity of having to sit in front of a five year old IFE screen also complain about high airfare.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've never cared for "fake" meat. However what DL has been serving has been quite tasty IMO. I even like the impossible sausage patties in the SC at breakfast. Taste better than actual sausage patties, IMO.
IMO, if you’ve got the spices right, the underlying protein of a sausage doesn’t really matter so much. Boca used to have a frozen rising crust pizza that was death on a plate from a nutritional standpoint, but I ate it way too often because their vegetarian pepperoni beat pretty much any other animal meat pepperoni out there.

As someone who came ‘halfway back’ from the vegetarian days and still doesn’t eat mammals I’m glad to see Delta providing more non-red meat food options.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by findark
Just out of curiosity... for the people who claim Impossible foods are "Impossibly unhealthy".. do you also eschew regular burgers, too?
It's not the burger eaters you have to worry about. It's the vegetarians who no longer have an actual vegetarian option - just a fake meat one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.