Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread 2022 Edition

Old Aug 29, 22, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer View Post
Im going to start ordering special meals if none of the main menu options look good. Ive heard AAs diabetic meal is quite good. Might try the same with Delta.
I've had on DL its nearly 100% a chicken dish. Never been dissatisfied, but also haven't been wowed either. It's a safe choice. They'll still load a sundae (for D1) even though you'll get a no/very low sugar dessert on tray.
Old Aug 29, 22, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by NuclearTumbleweed View Post
Delta One JFK-SFO
Upcoming dinner menu on D1 JFK-SFO. Has anyone had the BBQ wing platter before? This is my first time seeing it, and I'm tempted to try. Not sure how messy it will be, though perhaps the relative privacy of 1-2-1 seating mitigates this risk.
Interesting! If you go through with the wings let us know how they are please.
Old Aug 29, 22, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by dmarge18 View Post
This would infuriate me, seeing as I can't eat shrimp or mushrooms, and I'm sure they would be out of the chicken by the time I got to order (assuming it wasn't a 'preorder scenario'), so I'd end up having to pay for a snack box or something like that.
This would seem to be an over-reaction. If I dont like anything on the menu, I shrug my shoulders and move on.
Old Aug 29, 22, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
When there is not an entree that interests me, I either just pass. Or order something with a side dish that sounds okay and ignore the entree. And then refer to my meal as the 'Delta diet plan' .
Old Aug 29, 22, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It also has a weird exclusion for ELP, TUC, etc. flights.
It's not weird. ABQ/ELP/TUS has no catering in place. Flights are usually double catered going there, hence why special meals are excluded from flights originating from any of them.
Old Aug 30, 22, 6:57 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I don't remember, but that link is amazing in that it refers to domestic FC on the JFK-LAX, ATL-HNL routes, etc. It also has a weird exclusion for ELP, TUC, etc. flights. Someone should have been more careful with the proofreading and editing when updating this page.
What an excellent spot to add a bullet with all the cities you AREN'T getting a real meal.

Originally Posted by Yellowjj View Post
It's not weird. ABQ/ELP/TUS has no catering in place. Flights are usually double catered going there, hence why special meals are excluded from flights originating from any of them.
Double catered with a COVID box
Old Aug 30, 22, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
What an excellent spot to add a bullet with all the cities you AREN'T getting a real meal.
We could make our own list.

ABQ
ELP
JAC
TUS

Where else with flights of meal length? EGE, MTJ, HDN?
Old Aug 30, 22, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
We could make our own list.

ABQ
ELP
JAC
TUS

Where else with flights of meal length? EGE, MTJ, HDN?
There's already a Wiki at the top of this thread with a list of stations that don't get hot meals -- Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread 2022 Edition
Anyone is free to update it (as long as they have enough posts).
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 22, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Yellowjj View Post
No, the weird thing is that earlier the page lists only a small number of routes where you can order special meals, such as "FC" JFK-LAX (NOT D1). Implicitly, the routes where you can't involve many many more airports than just these three.
Old Aug 30, 22, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
Got upgraded and received preorder for upcoming flight. Olympia provisions charcuterie, cold fried chicken salad and three cheese tortellini with impossible bolognese. Leaning towards the cold fried chicken salad (looks like there was a previous post from mid-July with a picture of it), but would consider the tortellini if any strong opinions based on recent experience with these meals. Thoughts?
Had the cold fried chicken salad. The fried chicken since its cold, is not crispy, but has a really nice flavor. The pickled veggies were pickled in maybe an eastern European style?? Not a vinegar taste, heavy on the anise seed and nice flavor. I enjoyed the meal and would have it again.

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer View Post

Delta is getting too creative again. I can't say I find any of these options to be enticing.
This is also my next pre-order selection (although I don't know if I will be on this flight). Saw a lot of discussion but no reviews of these options. I like the sound of these options. Hard call between chicken and shrimp.
Old Aug 30, 22, 11:51 am

Some Fall menu updates:

https://news.delta.com/celebrated-ch...-delta-flights
Old Aug 30, 22, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
If that Korean spiced burger had real beef bulgogi instead of mushroom bulgogi I'd go for that
Old Aug 30, 22, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder what spice DL puts on the cold shrimp. Paprika like the pineapple?
Old Aug 30, 22, 1:01 pm

Harissa spiced Impossible burger aboard SLC-DTW. Too salty.

Old Aug 30, 22, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by pharmflyer View Post

Menus for ORD-SLC and SLC-HNL (D1) for 8/18/22.
I think I'm going with the Quiche and the short rib and (future) Mrs. PharmFlyer is going for the chia pudding and sous vide chicken
Interestingly the *vegetarian option* quiche came topped with sausage - obviously I was happy with that but others actually wanting a veggie option might not be - but it was delicious!

future Mrs. PharmFlyer similarly highly! enjoyed the Chia pudding

For SLC-HNL, my short rib was excellent (and everything else was too!), only complaint was the carrots were completely raw, but I ate (most of) them anyways.

future Mrs. PharmFlyer also loved the Sous Vide Chicken!

I forgot to save the menu for our 8/28 SEA-ORD breakfast flight, but the choices were a spinach and mushroom omelette, the chia pudding (albeit with different toppings than above), and a charcuterie plate. We both went for the omelette which we both really liked! I was a fan of the bread, which was sweet, but my fiance was not, so I ate hers too. Only complaint is that I wish there were more potatoes as they were very good!

As an aside, I also had lots of that DuNord Vodka, and I honestly thought it was good and don't understand the hate it gets on here but I'm also not picky about most things hahaha
chrisny2 likes this.

Search this Thread