Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:57 pm

Delta One DTW-AMS

Australian lamb shank

Morel mushroom soup, corn salad

Lemon tart
Pretty solid meal on my DTW-AMS flight in Delta One on 8/28. It was a hard choice between the lamb and the pasta, but the lamb was excellent. Easily something I’d happily eat if served on the ground. Fell off the bone, cooked well and the vegetable gratin was delicious, as well. Desert choices were lemon tart or sundae, and I loved the tart. I skipped breakfast but the choices were the chia yogurt or ricotta omelette.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: DL GM
Delta One JFK-SFO
Upcoming dinner menu on D1 JFK-SFO. Has anyone had the BBQ wing platter before? This is my first time seeing it, and I'm tempted to try. Not sure how messy it will be, though perhaps the relative privacy of 1-2-1 seating mitigates this risk.

Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NuclearTumbleweed
Delta One JFK-SFO
Upcoming dinner menu on D1 JFK-SFO. Has anyone had the BBQ wing platter before? This is my first time seeing it, and I'm tempted to try. Not sure how messy it will be, though perhaps the relative privacy of 1-2-1 seating mitigates this risk.

No but that's a really good looking list of choices. I'd have a lot of trouble choosing.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: DL - PM
Originally Posted by NuclearTumbleweed
Delta One JFK-SFO
BBQ Wings containing pork? I'm intrigued.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by Ordhater
BBQ Wings containing pork? I'm intrigued.
I would assume it's in the collard greens (ham/bacon).
beachmouse likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by dpesonen
Yeah. The presence of pork means the collard greens were done right.
DiverDave and GagaPilot like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: DL - PM
Originally Posted by dpesonen
That makes sense. Apparently six months living in Georgia hasn't educated me on what ingredients make the food so good.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:26 am

Lol the ATL caters forgot to provide cups, so we took a 20 min delay. The FA had to explain the concept of double catering to them.

Best part was I could clearly hear the caterers having a loud argument with each other from 1D.

Never change Hotlanta, never change.
cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Aug 29, 2022 at 8:32 am
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past, I've been able to call DL and have the agent read me the descriptions of the diabetic, low calorie, low fat, and low carbohydrate choices. This won't tell you exactly the food you'll get, but it will give information about the general principles defining each choice.
Thank you, good idea.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Lol the ATL caters forgot to provide cups, so we took a 20 min delay. The FA had to explain the concept of double catering to them.

Best part was I could clearly hear the caterers having a loud argument with each other from 1D.

Never change Hotlanta, never change.
Was what they read you any more specific than the descriptions here? https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/.../special-meals
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:31 am

I was wondering that myself. I might give one of the meals a try, but not be upset if they fail to load it, which seems to happen more and more often,
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Was what they read you any more specific than the descriptions here? https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/.../special-meals
I don't remember, but that link is amazing in that it refers to domestic FC on the JFK-LAX, ATL-HNL routes, etc. It also has a weird exclusion for ELP, TUC, etc. flights. Someone should have been more careful with the proofreading and editing when updating this page.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Hmm eating sauce covered wings in the air sounds incredibly messy and risky
KDCAflyer likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer

Delta is getting too creative again. I can't say I find any of these options to be enticing.
This would infuriate me, seeing as I can't eat shrimp or mushrooms, and I'm sure they would be out of the chicken by the time I got to order (assuming it wasn't a 'preorder scenario'), so I'd end up having to pay for a snack box or something like that.
dopey! likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
This would infuriate me, seeing as I can't eat shrimp or mushrooms, and I'm sure they would be out of the chicken by the time I got to order (assuming it wasn't a 'preorder scenario'), so I'd end up having to pay for a snack box or something like that.
I’m going to start ordering special meals if none of the main menu options look good. I’ve heard AA’s diabetic meal is quite good. Might try the same with Delta.
dmarge18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.