Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Anyone else having trouble with pre-selection ?
The "select your entree is there for my D1 flight" but when I click it a blank screen.
I also did not get the email to try selecting from there.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
Originally Posted by Keith2004
The "select your entree is there for my D1 flight" but when I click it a blank screen.
I had the same problem on my D1 flight last month. Even after a chat conversation with Delta, it wasn't resolved. I just ordered on-board. The person across the aisle mentioned a similar problem with no resolution.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keith2004
It comes and goes. Just keep trying.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:15 am

JFK-LAS Breakfast

PDB was served and there were the old Tumi (soft) amenity kits at every seat! Was surprised to see that since JFK<>LAS isn’t a D1 route anymore.

Pre-selected the smoked salmon and bagel plate breakfast item. Tiny portion of smoked salmon.

Tiny portion of smoked salmon, plain cucumbers, and onions.

Mango, pineapple, grapes, and strawberry

Last edited by TastyPlaneEats; Aug 14, 2022 at 9:21 am
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:21 am

LAS-JFK dinner

Flight delayed an hour, PDB was served.

Pre-selected the burrata item, the flatbread as the starch for the meal is an absolute joke

Burrata was decent. Cut up the chicken, artichoke heart, and olives to eat with the dry greens. There was no dressing for this!

Chickpeas with cucumbers and olives.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:58 pm

Anyone tried the Italian sandwich on a challah roll yet? Deciding between this and the meatballs.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 4:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Had the three-cheese quiche and found it quite good, of course, not as good as a traditional quiche made in France, but still very tasty.
boss315 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats

Pre-selected the burrata item, the flatbread as the starch for the meal is an absolute joke

Burrata was decent. Cut up the chicken, artichoke heart, and olives to eat with the dry greens. There was no dressing for this!

There's dressing right in your picture... it's pesto! Looks like a great meal actually.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:41 pm

I never used pesto as a salad dressing before. I dipped the flatbread into it and ended up mixing it with the chickpeas.

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
There's dressing right in your picture... it's pesto! Looks like a great meal actually.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats

Looks great. This is what I hope to get when I have a "chicken salad" described, instead of something drenched in mayo.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Nice-looking salad!

<Wishes she were flying from LAS rather than TUS which still gets the sad boxes>
rcsgeorgia likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Anyone flown ATL --> A Caribbean out station recently? Flying ATL-PLS next week. It's a lunch flight. Pre-COVID this route was hit or miss between a cold sandwich and hot meal.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by yydv

Anyone tried the Italian sandwich on a challah roll yet? Deciding between this and the meatballs.
LAX-JFK?

Meatball is a safe choice though.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Weekend trip to JFK -- FEBO and PDB-from-tray on both flights (didn't inquire or see anyone asking about other possible PDBs so can't report either way)

12 Aug DL1621 SFO-JFK 08:10 departure

THREE CHEESE QUICHE*
with shredded cheddar *Vegetarian Selection

LEMON RICOTTA STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
with maple roasted peaches, smoked chicken sausage and a side of Chai spice overnight oatmeal with roasted almonds and golden raisins

COCONUT CHIA OATMEAL*
with toasted coconut, almonds, fresh blueberries, and cardamom scented pineapple with cranberry bread and whipped ricotta *Vegetarian Selection
French toast was a bit dry; could've used syrup. The small condiment bowl in the middle had some kind of preserves. Fruits were fresh and delicious. Side of oatmeal was decent too although I didn't finish all of it. Pretty decent overall.

----

14 Aug DL314 JFK-SFO 21:10 departure

MARTA CHICKEN MEATBALLS with olive oil whipped potatoes, Taggasica olives, and spinach

ITALIAN GRAIN BOWL*
with mozzarella cheese, marinated vegetables and creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing *Vegetarian Selection

MEDITERRANEAN KOFTE
with tabouleh, charred eggplant, and pepper relish

WARM TURKEY MELT*
with bacon and roasted tomatoes *Contains Pork (Limited selection: Only available for selection 24 or more hours prior to departure)

ORECCHIETTE*
with Impossible bolognese, kale, and parmesan cheese *Vegetarian Selection (Limited selection: Only available for selection 24 or more hours prior to departure)
I am a big fan of the Impossible burger, so I wanted to like this more, but it was merely ok. Not really the fault of the Impossible meat; the sauce base was pretty blah. Salad was great (I like all the ingredients) and the dessert wasn't bad either although I would actually rather have the blueberry cheesecake Person across the got the chicken meatballs and if they tasted as good as their aroma then I regret my selection

krazykanuck likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
CDG-MSP
Aug. 15

I pre-ordered the Pan Seared Cod Bourride Style, which was described as cod with fingerling potatoes, grilled fennel, sautéed spinach and saffron sauce. The purser said when she came around taking orders I was the only person in D1 that pre-ordered it. It was fantastic. The sauce was delicious and everything was cooked perfectly. The fish was a decent portion size as well. The cream of leek soup and the salad with a raspberry vinaigrette were decent too. My complaint was the bread was served without being heated up. Also the recession-esque thimble sized nuts were good, but the portion size was laughably small. Vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce was served for dessert (not pictured).

Service was hit or miss. The younger FA serving my section of D1 didn't know up from down with drink orders and was pretty inattentive. I asked for a Woodford and diet coke on the first pass and had to repeat it about 3 times as he just stared blankly back and was like, what?, before he started fumbling around in the minis and pulled out a Bailey's and asked, is it this? No, dude. It's the one that says Woodford on it. He said I don't know much about the alcohol. Guy, I'm not asking you to make a Manhattan from scratch, but just hand me two things that are labeled. He also forgot to, or just didn't get, my refill that I asked for with dinner and I had to go to the galley where being asked for it in front of his colleagues seemed to fix his memory. At a few hours later on the next request that didn't get answered, one of the senior FAs came by and handed me two and said, "I'm the old lady that gets things done!"

Pre-arrival meal was a choice of the burger or a salmon salad. I had the burger and aside from the bun being a bit harder than it should be, was pretty good. It was served with a decent potato salad as the side.
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.