Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ab2013
That dark chocolate cherry bar is the best snack in economy I've had. Period. They're organic, gluten-free, and actually very expensive. A 2 oz bar (double the size of what DL gives you) retails for $3 at Whole Foods.
Does it have a name brand that you could share with the class?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
That dark chocolate cherry bar is the best snack in economy I've had. Period. They're organic, gluten-free, and actually very expensive. A 2 oz bar (double the size of what DL gives you) retails for $3 at Whole Foods.
Yes! They are delicious. I had chosen a different snack (Main cabin) and the FA insisted I try one of these in addition. It was delicious! He said it pairs nicely with a Cab Sav. I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not but I'll try it next time!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by LeisureOnlyMSP
Yes! They are delicious. I had chosen a different snack (Main cabin) and the FA insisted I try one of these in addition. It was delicious! He said it pairs nicely with a Cab Sav. I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not but I'll try it next time!
And the name...?

Nevermind. Found it, I think:

Kate's Organic Dark Chocolate Cherry & Almond Handle Bar

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Aug 12, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
And the name...?
No idea!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:03 pm

Those are so good!!
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
A Delta press release in June claimed they were switching from Dark Chocolate Cherry to Lemon Coconut for summer but I have yet to see any of those. Fine by me because the red ones are delicious.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW
Those are so good!!
I have spent more money than I should have on the peanut butter and milk or dark chocolate bars.

I think they put crack in them.

I'll have to give the dark chocolate cherry a try.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
And the name...?

Nevermind. Found it, I think:

Kate's Organic Dark Chocolate Cherry & Almond Handle Bar
Yup! That's the one. Not sure if it's a national or a regional sale but I noticed that Whole Foods had Kate Real Foods bars on sale - $1.80 for a 2 oz bar this week.

I personally wouldn't mind if Delta couldn't get the Lemon Coconut one and keeps offering the Dark Chocolate Cherry one instead. It's my favorite bar from Kate's.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are these "impossible" meatballs?

Also, what are the chunks/cubes on the salad? Tofu?
Jon & Vinny's marinara braised meatballs...

I had the same meatball probably since 2016/2017.

It’s also shocking to see how D1 meal goes downhill in recent years from course-to-course (with proper soup and dessert cart) to an almost domestic F meal experience - menus items are the same.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by lonelygod
Jon & Vinny's marinara braised meatballs...

I had the same meatball probably since 2016/2017.

It’s also shocking to see how D1 meal goes downhill in recent years from course-to-course (with proper soup and dessert cart) to an almost domestic F meal experience - menus items are the same.
It's interesting. It feels as if the FC meals have improved a bit, while the D1 ones have been downgraded and they are both about equal now. RIP to the cheese plate and sundaes.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OTOH, I like the idea of being able to pick the charcuterie plate on almost any domestic flight if the other options aren't appealing. It reminds me of the times when fruit and cheese plates and (even earlier) cold poached salmon plates (PMNW IIRC) were always available.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OTOH, I like the idea of being able to pick the charcuterie plate on almost any domestic flight if the other options aren't appealing. It reminds me of the times when fruit and cheese plates and (even earlier) cold poached salmon plates (PMNW IIRC) were always available.
Is the Bresaola in the charcuterie plate actually any good, or is it standard US supermarket quality?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by pharmflyer
Menus for ORD-SLC and SLC-HNL (D1) for 8/18/22.
Same menus for LGA-MSP and MSP-HNL today.
Originally Posted by pharmflyer
(future) Mrs. PharmFlyer is going for the chia pudding and sous vide chicken
These were my choices as well; I had breakfast in the new LGA SkyClub before my MSP flight so wanted something lighter on the plane. For the HNL flight, I was thinking of the veggie plate but figured I'd need something more substantial to tide me over.

I thought the chicken was very good and not dry at all.

The pre-arrival snack was either the charcuterie plate or the Southwestern Chicken Salad. I loathe cilantro so played it safe.

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is the Bresaola in the charcuterie plate actually any good, or is it standard US supermarket quality?
I'm not a gourmand when it comes to cured meats so can't opine other than I thought it was a little dry but it tasted good. I'm better versed to opine on the various flavors of Spam and other luncheon meats.
sspontak and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 13, 2022 at 9:34 pm
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just went in to select my meal for upcoming JFK-LAX D1 flight.

Not really impressed by the menu.

D1 JFK-LAX Breakfast Flight Menu

Anyone had the Clafoutis before? Pictures? It sounds the best to me.

I would normally go with Frittata, but can't stand goat milk/cheese. Not sure why DL seems lately to be obsessed with goat milk/cheese, multiple flights (both international and domestic) have had multiple dishes with it instead of 🐄 milk/cheese.
Well it was quite tasty, mainly just blueberry. Size was ridiculously small. Sucked after waiting 2.5 hrs onboard to fix cargo door. If they offered on domestic F shorter meal flights, would be perfect.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Same menus for LGA-MSP and MSP-HNL today.
I'm not a gourmand when it comes to cured meats so can't opine other than I thought it was a little dry but it tasted good. I'm better versed to opine on the various flavors of Spam and other luncheon meats.
I'll give it a try. It's meant to be dry, but bad quality bresaola (which seems to be everywhere in the US) basically tastes of salt, so if it has a good flavor and a musty aroma, it might be good stuff. I love good bresaola but abhor the bad stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.