Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2022 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) Thread

2022 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) Thread

Old Jan 4, 22, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Daitheflu84 View Post
Was UG'd on my first flight of the year today, ORD-BOS, at 5-day PM window with companion. Unfortunately we had to cancel the trip due to work-related issues. Our next trip is SEA-HNL-LIH and LIH-HNL-SEA Jan 21st-27th. The trans-pac segments are both on the A339 and D1 is looking wide open, at least 2.5 weeks out. Fingers crossed!
Will also be in LIH for most of those dates (first HNL). fingers crossed for you!

PM with reserve card flying JFK-LAX- HNL next weekend (got RUC confirmed for JFK-LAX leg) and then LIH-LAX-JFK home which I am waiting for LAX-to JFK RUC to clear (showing 20 left in Z). Don't think I will end up with the other legs upgraded but never know. At this point just hoping everything goes smoothly going there and back.
Old Jan 7, 22, 12:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Flying LAS-ATL as a PM with AMEX RESERVE on a paid Main ticket that was upgraded at booking for COMF+ and even though I request upgrade to F, I am unable to be listed on the F UPG list even talking to gate agent. Who do I talk to to keep this from happening on my other 3 trips in January???
Old Jan 7, 22, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Booked BOS-ATL-SAN for Tuesday and cleared at booking both the wife and I - woohoo. - SkyMiles ticket 15k x 2.
Old Jan 7, 22, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
Flying LAS-ATL as a PM with AMEX RESERVE on a paid Main ticket that was upgraded at booking for COMF+ and even though I request upgrade to F, I am unable to be listed on the F UPG list even talking to gate agent. Who do I talk to to keep this from happening on my other 3 trips in January???
The F upgrade list only becomes available 24 hours before the flight (when check-in opens) - and you only appear once you check-in. Does that help?
Old Jan 7, 22, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
DTW-LAX Thursday AM. There were 0 FC seats available day before departure, so I decided to burn a UC to get near top of list. Ended up # 2/20 for 3 FC upgrades. 3&4 were a couple. 3rd upgrade was not processed, and I flew with an empty 1A next to me.

LAX-DTW Friday AM. Was 3/8 for 4 when I went to bed, so felt ok and did not burn a RUC. Mistake, as a couple checked in an hour and a half before me and I ended up 5/10 for 4 FC upgrades. FC was full this flight, C+ had 5-6 empty seats
Old Jan 7, 22, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr View Post
The F upgrade list only becomes available 24 hours before the flight (when check-in opens) - and you only appear once you check-in. Does that help?
I would assume that the detail that I’m speaking to a gate agent means I’ve checked in and am within a couple hours of boarding.
Old Jan 7, 22, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I would assume that the detail that I’m speaking to a gate agent means I’ve checked in and am within a couple hours of boarding.
Were you traveling with a companion? If so, was their SkyMiles number attached to the reservation?
Old Jan 7, 22, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by aacar View Post
Were you traveling with a companion? If so, was their SkyMiles number attached to the reservation?
ohhh smart - I bet that is it. I missed the gate agent part
Old Jan 7, 22, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by aacar View Post
yes, and yes (wife, general skymiles member with number in reservation, booked together, same PNR).
Old Jan 7, 22, 8:20 pm

yes, and yes (wife, general skymiles member with number in reservation, booked together, same PNR).
is this domestic? That is the only other thing I can think of - but the gate agent would have told you that if it wasn’t. And this isn’t basic economy since C+ upgrade.

make a dummy domestic booking for yourself for tomorrow (just plan to have to call in to cancel since you will be checked in) and see if it puts you on the upgrade list - if so this must be a crazy one off…
Old Jan 7, 22, 8:36 pm

this exact same thing just happened to me. ugh Delta IT!! I worked with two different gate agents and neither could figure out why they couldn’t upgrade me + companion (who is SM, same PNR, skymiles # was in the reservation) or even get our names on the list. the agent ended up manually moving us from C+ since she could see I would’ve been above the next two pax to get upgraded to FC
Old Jan 7, 22, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by coast_2_coast View Post
this exact same thing just happened to me. ugh Delta IT!! I worked with two different gate agents and neither could figure out why they couldn’t upgrade me + companion (who is SM, same PNR, skymiles # was in the reservation) or even get our names on the list. the agent ended up manually moving us from C+ since she could see I would’ve been above the next two pax to get upgraded to FC
weird - I just realized this happened to me going from SLC to Burbank or Ontario or somewhere in California a couple months ago but the SLC customer service desk was able to fix it though it took the agent 5 or 7 minutes which seemed quite long and it looked like he was doing a lot of typing and clicking
coast_2_coast likes this.
Old Jan 7, 22, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Hertz Presidential
I had an instance of JFK-NAS I wasn't on the upgrade list and figured that it must have just been cause it's "international". Suddenly at the gate I see that some one got upgraded to FC. The plane's FC cabin was empty minus that one person and figured maybe they are 360 or Employee? My trip back? I got upgraded to FC and there was an actual list of us.
Old Jan 8, 22, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
How will any of us know if Diamonds that "earned" status do rank higher on upgrade list? Would be good if there was some type of signifier. I did receive my Choice Benefits right away. Or atleast an e-mail to all us from Delta.
Old Jan 8, 22, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by puntamita View Post
How will any of us know if Diamonds that "earned" status do rank higher on upgrade list? Would be good if there was some type of signifier. I did receive my Choice Benefits right away. Or atleast an e-mail to all us from Delta.
Once again the earned/unearned UG tiebreaker does not take effect until February 1st.

Search this Thread