Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fist fight between flight attendants and passenger on DL2490 12/29/2021

Fist fight between flight attendants and passenger on DL2490 12/29/2021

Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:04 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Colt Cooper
Woman & fists. Hmmn, care to give any additional descriptive details about this person?
Seems like the staff were right onto it, fortunately.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Dont worry, Spirit will accept her with open arms.
Spiff, enviroian, navi_jen and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:27 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
How was she able to get on the plane without having a mask on?
Obviously the women is in the wrong, but if she got on the plane without a mask, that's on the gate agent for not enforcing their own rules.

I guess my point is, if gate agents could recognize potential people who seem like they aren't going to be corporative, maybe there wouldn't be so many blow ups onboard.
Collierkr likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
Obviously the women is in the wrong, but if she got on the plane without a mask, that's on the gate agent for not enforcing their own rules.

I guess my point is, if gate agents could recognize potential people who seem like they aren't going to be corporative, maybe there wouldn't be so many blow ups onboard.
Airlines shouldn't be preemptively offloading customers that someone decides "seem like they aren't going to be cooperative." What would be the standard for "proof"?
kennycrudup and jallred6 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Is it possible this is the woman from the other DL thread about her going Karen?

Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Airlines shouldn't be preemptively offloading customers that someone decides "seem like they aren't going to be cooperative." What would be the standard for "proof"?
Proof would be her attempting to board without a mask correctly worn.

Now if she discarded it on the jetway, that's a different story. In cases like that, the FA at the door should stop the person and politely ask them to stand aside until they put their mask on to enter the aircraft.
tai4de2 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:53 am

besides the already-noted problems with this thoughtcrime approach, it's obviously possible this person removed the mask in the jetway or even between boarding and reaching row 43.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:54 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by audidudi
GOOD! Another one who will surely be heavily fined and banned for life on DL and hopefully every other airline in the US.
You do know that hardly anyone pays those fines, right? It's just like the "illegality" of carrying a loaded weapon through security - in theory it's illegal, but no one of the thousands of people per year caught with one ever gets punished.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
It happens. I flew ATL-TPA last night (9:20pm flight), and was already on board (Comfort +) when a woman approached the plane without a mask on (I was in row 19 so saw the whole show). Flight attendant handing out wipes (and was very professional and polite) blocked her from boarding and informed her she needed to put a mask on. She said she didn't have a mask. Flight attendant gave her one and admonished her that she needed to leave it on - over mouth and nose - for full Flight except when actively eating or drinking.

I have to wonder if she managed to "lose" her mask on the jetway because there's no excuse for the gate agent to let an unmasked person near the plane - which makes it much harder to resolve the situation.

How was she able to get on the plane without having a mask on
VacationMode likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tino
You do know that hardly anyone pays those fines, right? It's just like the "illegality" of carrying a loaded weapon through security - in theory it's illegal, but no one of the thousands of people per year caught with one ever gets punished.
What? They do indeed get punished. Criminal charges are filed in numerous. Failing to pay the fine can result in going from no criminal charges to criminal charges.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:19 am

Its always the Florida-bound planes with disturbances
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I was on a Frontier flight, a woman went at the FA like a rabid animal - verbally, and FA had to literally be held back. I can honestly say the people - especially airline passengers - who prey on workers are cowards, bullies, and should be banned from flying on any airline. They recognize their advantage as a customer and are predatory, unable to resist causing their little "scenes" to show the world how insecure they are that simply following a rule confronts them. Toss them and their emotional issues off the plane and close the door - I am so sick of being an audience for their show.
BearX220, Daze, enviroian and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:32 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You are right. When I was boarding a flight on Monday, I had been talking and my mask naturally had fallen below my nose. The gate agent who was scanning my BP asked me to bring it up over my nose. Obviously I could have lowered it as soon as I walked past them, but the gate agent could at least be aware that a passenger wasn't wearing a mask when they scanned their BP and may present a problem for the flight attendants.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ezefllying
You really did a disservice to all of us by not mentioning this was a flight to MCO from the get-go. Fortunately, by Florida senses were tingling, so I guessed.
My money was on MIA RT
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS
Its always the Florida-bound planes with disturbances
Occasionally they are flying from Florida.
dcstudent, wrp96 and ezefllying like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.