Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Christmas 2021 COVID Related Cancellation and Delay Thread

Delta Christmas 2021 COVID Related Cancellation and Delay Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:36 pm

30 days, no response from customer service….
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
I incurred a LOT more than 15K miles’ worth of expenses rebooking on OAL the morning of 12/31 when Delta canceled and made it impossible to reach them. Put in my complaint on 1/1. No response yet.
Got the response today. $200 eCredit per passenger. Doesn't come close to covering the additional expenses I incurred due to DL leaving the family stranded.

#Underwhelmed
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by sekiya
Originally booked OZ on 12/24 HNL-SEA-BOS afternoon departure. Due to the schedule change in Sep, changed to 12/26 HNL-SEA-BOS evening departure for free (for A339).
On 12/26(during the snow), we were notified of the delay depature of HNL-SEA from 10:20pm to 12:30am at 2:30pm HST and we would miss the connection for sure. Still wondering if we should go to SEA first and seek for alternatives to go to BOS, or stay on Waikiki for one more day. At 4:30pm the inbound flight from SEA was delayed until midnight arrival. Called in another language (answered within 10min) and changed to HNL-ATL-BOS on 12/27. (Both HNL-SEA and SEA-BOS we booked were ultimately canceled).
On time departure and arrival for HNL-ATL. BTW the 5pm departure was really not a good time to sleep. ATL-BOS delayed 90min due to crew shortage (crew flew in from RDU).
Should I write a complaint and can I expect some compensation?
Got the response after 3 weeks. 15k miles for both of us as a goodwill gesture and $3XX direct payment that covers the exact amount on the receipts I submitted for the hotel and rideshare for one additional day in Honolulu.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.