Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

(Speculation) Will Delta rollover status to 2023?

(Speculation) Will Delta rollover status to 2023?

Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
I potentially see maybe an accelerator for MQD's only. With the amount of MQM's being rolled over, that's no longer the issue with maintaining the previous status they had.
Based on the flights I took the last couple of months and the ones I’ve booked for ‘22 I would say the MQD Accelerator is already here - in the form of M, B and Y fare buckets appearing earlier than ever. I have 5 trips scheduled for January, Two are M’s, two are B’s and one is K fares. None are anywhere near full.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I do think that they should making qualification earning on award tickets permanent.
Spiff, kavok, Schuhfly and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:43 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I do think that they should making qualification earning on award tickets permanent.
My bet is that they will, it was just easier to roll it up into the accelerator to give the announcement some more distinctness compared to other airlines.

Having it be temporary at first also means they could eliminate it if a glaring issue was discovered.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
That's totally fair, but I did say "probably less of a selling point", not "of zero interest to anyone"

Skimming the year end totals thread for non-scientific anecdata does show a range of responses including probably a bunch of people who could be in a similar situation as you, but also people with 400k+ MQMs all of which are going to rollover, plus whatever they may earn organically next year, for whom the prospect of another 15k MQMs probably doesn't move the needle much. The former group still has incentive to put spend on an AMEX for MQM boosts, the latter not so much.

As one of the folks with 600K of MQMs this year I will be testing AA this year. Unsure if it is better or not but service on DL is horrible on several fronts.
If overseas opens up I can make DM in a month or two, and have nothing to lose with DL if AA is not any better.
The other part is I am worried about how many DMs DL has these days with three years of rollover. I think they should have just waived the MQDs so people would start burning MQMs and have a soft landing.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UnderEst
My guess is that there will be no additional status rollover, but MQM/MQD accelerators introduced at some point during 2022.
I fear you are right which will upset me even more, as I really want DL to thin the heard and start figuring out a way to reward people that are flying, versus the glut of rollovers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.