Wiki Posts
Search

Award pricing Air France

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Award pricing Air France

I'm currently looking at a trip CPH-MRU which is routed CPH-CDG-MRU with AF. It prices out at 75K miles per person in business on Delta.com. However, on the day I want to travel, the full itinerary, i.e. CPH-CDG-MRU does not show up, but Expertflyer shows O class availability on both flights (and searching leg-by-leg on Delta.com). If I call Delta, will an agent be able to put CPH-CDG separately and then CDG-MRU separately and ticket it? And If yes, will I pay the 75K miles per person or would some other rate apply?

Last edited by brokenwindow; Dec 16, 2021 at 11:28 am
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Answering my own question. Despite the most competent agent helping, it did not work and was priced out as two awards. Forced to take it as I needed to fly that specific day..
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
AF/KL now enforce married segment logic even on awards.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AF/KL now enforce married segment logic even on awards.
Interesting. Do you know if AF will allow only one part of an itin to be available? Or put another way, in the OP’s example, if the OP didn’t care about upgrading CPH to CDG, but just CDG to MRU, would they do that or would they still apply married segment logic?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Interesting. Do you know if AF will allow only one part of an itin to be available? Or put another way, in the OP’s example, if the OP didn’t care about upgrading CPH to CDG, but just CDG to MRU, would they do that or would they still apply married segment logic?
AF allows tickets to be used out of sequence in some cases. However for a J cabin ticket there's a 1500€ fee to do so. I'm not sure if that would even work as ticket would be issued by DL.

Otherwise missing CPH/CDG will result in CDG-MRU being canceled.

I ran into this last week just within Europe. Needed award from ARN-AMS. No awards available. If search ARN-MUC awards via AMS available. As was long connection at AMS short checking bags was no issue. Simply skipped AMS-MUC flight. However was no issue as was flying 1st flight. For OP skipping 1st flight means cancelation and rebooking, unless AF allows out if sequence use.

Last edited by flyerCO; Dec 16, 2021 at 3:06 pm
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AF allows tickets to be used out of sequence in some cases. However for a J cabin ticket there's a 1500€ fee to do so. I'm not sure if that would even work as ticket would be issued by DL.

Otherwise missing CPH/CDG will result in CDG-MRU being canceled.

I ran into this last week just within Europe. Needed award from ARN-AMS. No awards available. If search ARN-MUC awards via AMS available. As was long connection at AMS short checking bags was no issue. Simply skipped AMS-MUC flight. However was no issue as was flying 1st flight. For OP skipping 1st flight means cancelation and rebooking, unless AF allows out if sequence use.
Does AF have mixed awards? An example would be that, flying LAX-CDG-ARN, if I only care about J on the TATL, and am fine with Y (if J is not available), will that be one award, or two, or will they still insist on both segments being available? I haven’t used an award ticket on AF in many years
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Does AF have mixed awards? An example would be that, flying LAX-CDG-ARN, if I only care about J on the TATL, and am fine with Y (if J is not available), will that be one award, or two, or will they still insist on both segments being available? I haven’t used an award ticket on AF in many years
One award as long as AF allows those two to be booked together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.