Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asked to move from Comfort+ to Economy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Originally Posted by enviroian
I could care less in the world about what looks people were giving. I wouldn't be going ANYWHERE until a flight attendant sorted it out. Mom and her kids seating problems are their problem not yours. Compassion- schmassion.

Sorry my friend but your luck ran out the second you agreed to do this.
I generally prefer to be as polite as possible on planes, but agree with you 100%. I had a woman walk up, ask for my C+ seat, cry a river, and I nicely as possible said she could have booked her and her kid there. I think she was hoping to save some $ by buying one C+ seat and expect to guilt trip someone into giving up theirs. Even worse, she was way in the back. Her problem, not mine.
Spiff, jamesteroh, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
I generally prefer to be as polite as possible on planes, but agree with you 100%. I had a woman walk up, ask for my C+ seat, cry a river, and I nicely as possible said she could have booked her and her kid there. I think she was hoping to save some $ by buying one C+ seat and expect to guilt trip someone into giving up theirs. Even worse, she was way in the back. Her problem, not mine.
Agreed. Another option is just to show your ticket and reply in a foreign language :-)
PotomacApproach likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I was with you until "the realization that I was hungry." Honestly, dude?
99.99% sure that if OP told the FA they'd give them whatever snack they give to C+ and free drinks as well.
MSPeconomist and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Agreed. Another option is just to show your ticket and reply in a foreign language :-)
So, what I enjoy doing, particularly in circumstances where I am being pestered by someone who KNOWS they are pestering me, in a place where English isn't the dominant language, is to say, in English, "I'm sorry, I don't speak English." In most instances, that throws them into a language processing loop, particularly people who are not native English speakers
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Heard a new one today for seat swapping. Guy in my office flew DTW/LAX yesterday on a personal trip and was WFBF. A girl who appeared to be 12 or 13 got upgraded to 3A and my employee was in 3B and employee boards and dad was sitting in 3B and told him he had to sit with his daughter and basically told him to take 1A. My friend refused and told him he wasn't sitting in a bulkhead window when he had booked this flight a couple months out and said maybe 1B would switch and he said he asked them and FA got involved.

Person in !b was also a male and dad didn't want a strange man sitting with his young daughter. My friend suggested to the FA that they should see if their seats they were upgraded out of were still available and if not offered to switch with the two people in them and dad didn't like that suggestion. Ended up people in 1c and D switched. One swapped with dad and took 1a and other took 3a.

If it's that important two people sit together they should uncheck the request upgrade box. I thought it was weird a dad would have trouble with another man sitting beside their daughter two rows back for four hours but wasn't willing to go back in coach to do so.
Spiff and matchbox20_is like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The Perfesser stumbled upon over the ear headphones in the ‘I’m listening to music’ position a while back as a big discourager when it comes to other passengers wanting to talk to him about anything.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by dcstudent
I'm surprised more haven't mentioned this could have been very well a situation where the mom bought BE tickets and the assignments just worked out the way they did. (I personally think DL should treat C+ as a separate cabin for the purpose of selling/assigning basic economy seats....I always book C+ seats, often at quite a price differential to Main let alone BE and I have had more than a few flights where an empty middle gets filled with a BE customer (you can tell based on the upgrade/standby list in the app).
It seems common for C+ seats to be available for upgrade purchase right up until the end. I'm guessing Delta prefers it this way to try to maximize revenue - I've decided to pay for such an upgrade just a couple of hours before a flight before. But it incentivizes BE customers to wait until the last minute to check in in the hopes that only C+ seat assignments are left.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This thread has run its course Happy New Year
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
jamesteroh and ryandc99 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.