Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So Delta held a Delta One flash sale to Europe, then cancelled the flights?

Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

Looks like Delta cancelled/postponed JFK to ZRH through March. I can rebook I guess via partners but the direct was appealing to me. Pretty scammy to do a winter sale, then immediately cancel the winter flights
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Seems like Delta triumphantly announced an increased schedule to Europe beginning in March, held a SkyMiles sale for those flights, and then cancelled much of the schedule (looks like MAD is also done).
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
At least for me one of the sale fares was 375K miles, I was like what kind of sale was that?
becks1, krakendown and RealHJ like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by troyintn
At least for me one of the sale fares was 375K miles, I was like what kind of sale was that?
The main sale price as 148K round trip
FabCW likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Seems like Delta triumphantly announced an increased schedule to Europe beginning in March, held a SkyMiles sale for those flights, and then cancelled much of the schedule (looks like MAD is also done).
MAD is still daily in March (it's 5x weekly through February). ZRH currently restarts end of March on the 26th (it was pushed back to coincide with restart of JFK-BRU). Other TATL routes weren't scheduled to restart until May or June.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 12, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Blame the governments in these countries constantly changing requirements and making it difficult to travel.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn
You must have been looking at ineligible dates or routes. The sale rate was 148k miles round trip. Extra benefit with a lap infant, DL has super low fees on international award travel.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I posted about this yesterday
Delta Covid Suspended Cities Status
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:20 am

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Blame the governments in these countries constantly changing requirements and making it difficult to travel.
Uhm... travel is supposed to be difficult. We're still in a pandemic. I would still blame Delta for the succession of events in this case.
milski and FabCW like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomasdev
Uhm... travel is supposed to be difficult. We're still in a pandemic. I would still blame Delta for the succession of events in this case.
Yeah, really bad/dumb timing on their part to announce a sale and sell award tickets on flights that will be canceled within a week.
I would have been mildly annoyed at not being able to fly DL nonstop if they pulled the flights and the redemption sale never factored in for me. But now I have a "good value" award and the difficult decision of keeping that and making a connection, or just buying a ticket on LX. I mean, I don't actually need any MQMs in 2022.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev
It would be easier to agree with this if there was any evidence making travel difficult helped the situation out at all anywhere that wasn't an island nation that completely closed its borders.
pgh234 and jtatlanta like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.