Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta cuts Westin bedding -- moving to "eco friendly" options

Delta cuts Westin bedding -- moving to "eco friendly" options

Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
General best practice is to post a few lines and then a link. Stealing someone else's writing is...stealing.
That best practice is also one of FlyerTalk's rules:

"When posting a news article or other published information, credit the source of the information and give a brief, one-to-three paragraph summary or clip of the content, providing an appropriate link and/or cite to its source."
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#copyrighted

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Ever heard of copyright? FT would be paying out much more to TPG than any minimal amount TPG earns from links.
The only way FlyerTalk would be liable for copyright infringement of a forum user is if they ignored their own rules and also refused to remove the content when asked by the owner of the material. Given the fact that this site is run by a massive media company with dozens of websites, the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Your first post was:

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
god what a joke. a "premium" experience doesn't start with bedding labeled as "recycled". Gross.
Plenty of premium products are made from recycled materials. As such, a "premium" experience can start with a product labeled as "recycled."

Your second post was:

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I *DO* in fact. My point, if you read carefully, is that a premium product doesn't start with something off-brand and LABELED as recycled. I am fully aware products are recycled all the time. But how does it look when AA/UA still provide BRANDED products? Recycled also still implies "not new", even if that is not true. Delta is cutting premium branding to save money. That's all this is.
I did read your first post carefully (see above). You did not said anything about off-brand which seems to be your bigger gripe because after reading your second post my conclusion is that you are conflating products made from recycled material versus a premium product and an off-brand product. What if it was Westin bedding made from recycled material. Would you gripe too?

That said if people think having bedding made by Westin covering oneself is a premium experience, remember that one is directly in a seat/bed that hundreds of other people have been in beforehand and is cleaned a couple of times a year. At least when I have taken a night train one may get a plain old blanket at least the sheet covers both under and over oneself.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
That best practice is also one of FlyerTalk's rules:

"When posting a news article or other published information, credit the source of the information and give a brief, one-to-three paragraph summary or clip of the content, providing an appropriate link and/or cite to its source."
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#copyrighted

The only way FlyerTalk would be liable for copyright infringement of a forum user is if they ignored their own rules and also refused to remove the content when asked by the owner of the material. Given the fact that this site is run by a massive media company with dozens of websites, the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.
Yes, in general under US copyright this is true. FT engages users in international traffic. Thus you can make claims of violation of other country copyright laws. Not saying specifically TPG could, but plenty of other authors/writers could.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Just spent the night with the new bedding ATL -GRU. They are virtually same as before just light grey and less ornate stitching on duvet. Very soft and same size. Pillow may be a tad thicker.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Can someone confirm if the bedding is at least wrapped in something when it's originally put out on the seats before boarding?
Yes, they are both wrapped in a light cloth bag. See my photo from several posts back.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Hmmm got the standard plastic-wrapped bedding last night.

Also, the "amenity" kits were particularly empty - not only no moisturizer, but no pen, and only the single-use toothpaste. Remember when we even got mints!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Hmmm got the standard plastic-wrapped bedding last night.

Also, the "amenity" kits were particularly empty - not only no moisturizer, but no pen, and only the single-use toothpaste. Remember when we even got mints!
You likely got the PS amenity kit. (Weird purple and square instead of rectangular) DL has been having supply issues getting D1 kits. Not sure why,, they're from same place.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You likely got the PS amenity kit. (Weird purple and square instead of rectangular) DL has been having supply issues getting D1 kits. Not sure why,, they're from same place.
Yes! Very square and very purple. Thanks for the explanation.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:54 pm

I'm sure these products, which are made overseas in dirty factories by low-wage foreigners, are very eco-friendly!
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
The new blankets suck. Just as comfortable sure but the lint and strings they leave on you is stupid. The Stitching is already failing on them. Picked like 15 peices alone off me after removing the blanket from Jfk to Lax
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do the new pillows or duvets contain feathers?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do the new pillows or duvets contain feathers?
No likely. Feathers are expensive - unless they're from GW McLintock's pigeons.
uanj likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Have always enjoyed the Westin bedding in Westin hotels…

For some reason, I never liked the Westin bedding in Delta One. I actually stopped using the pillow as it led to neck pain for me
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I loved the baby pillow supplied on longer flights.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
But still no mattress pads for their rock hard seats???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.