When does Diamond status become active

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
When does Diamond status become active

I just crossed over the treashold for Diamond,
my account says "Congratulations on achieving diamond Medallion"

In the past when I hit Platinum it was effective immediately, is it different for Diamond?
Account does say 2022 status is Diamond, but also says I am Platinum through 12/21.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Keith2004

In the past when I hit Platinum it was effective immediately, is it different for Diamond?
Account does say 2022 status is Diamond, but also says I am Platinum through 12/21.
Should be immediate
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

If you just crossed over today or yesterday, then wait until tomorrow and look again. When advancing up to the next Medallion tier, it is common for the display of the current year's status to lag behind the update for next year's status by a day.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
If you just crossed over today or yesterday, then wait until tomorrow and look again. When advancing up to the next Medallion tier, it is common for the display of the current year's status to lag behind the update for next year's status by a day.
Cool, thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also try logging out and logging back in again.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
And your choice benefits should be listed within a day or so
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:22 pm

Overnight.
MasterPengs likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Noob Here

Being totally new to Platinum Medallion status threshold, when I qualify in about 2 weeks, are there benefits that I can take advantage of in 2021 (whenever that membership year expires), that will reset in early 2022, and I will have those available to me through January 2023 (?).
Apologies for my lack of experience/knowledge. ;-)
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Being totally new to Platinum Medallion status threshold, when I qualify in about 2 weeks, are there benefits that I can take advantage of in 2021 (whenever that membership year expires), that will reset in early 2022, and I will have those available to me through January 2023 (?).
Apologies for my lack of experience/knowledge. ;-)

Yes, Choice Benefits for Platinum:As a Platinum Medallion Member, you get to select a customizable Choice Benefit. Choice Benefits enable you to select additional benefits by what matters most to you. Pick from:
  • Four Regional Upgrade Certificates, which can be used on tickets booked as a part of a Delta Vacations® package
  • Gift Silver Medallion Status to a friend or family member
  • 20,000 bonus miles for yourself, someone else, or a SkyWish charity of your choice
  • A $200 Delta travel voucher, also applicable toward a Delta Vacations package
  • A $200 Tiffany & Co. gift card
From: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...dallion-status

Along with upgrades that come sooner, C+ upgrades at booking and Hertz PC.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Being totally new to Platinum Medallion status threshold, when I qualify in about 2 weeks, are there benefits that I can take advantage of in 2021
Yes, as BHammy mentioned, however...

​​​​​that will reset in early 2022
... the answer to this part is "no". You qualified for 2022 status, and it kicks in now for the remainder of the year, but you only get one set of 2022 Choice Benefits that you can choose early, you don't get both 2021 and 2022.
dtwlarry, MSPeconomist and BHammy like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BHammy
Yes, Choice Benefits for Platinum:As a Platinum Medallion Member, you get to select a customizable Choice Benefit. Choice Benefits enable you to select additional benefits by what matters most to you. Pick from:
  • Four Regional Upgrade Certificates, which can be used on tickets booked as a part of a Delta Vacations® package
  • Gift Silver Medallion Status to a friend or family member
  • 20,000 bonus miles for yourself, someone else, or a SkyWish charity of your choice
  • A $200 Delta travel voucher, also applicable toward a Delta Vacations package
  • A $200 Tiffany & Co. gift card
From: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...dallion-status

Along with upgrades that come sooner, C+ upgrades at booking and Hertz PC.
To be clear, poster will only get one 2022 Plat Choice Benefit for qualifying for Plat this year, but will be able to select it as soon as they qualify in 2021 (it can also be selected anytime next year). So there is no need to rush and select it in 2021. Due to all MQM rolling over this year, they can potentially get another Plat Choice Benefit next year if they either meet Plat MQD requirements or hit Amex MQD Waiver spend requirement next year which will provide them with a 2023 Plat Choice Benefit selection (and 2023 Plat status). If neither of these are met, the 2022 Plat Choice Benefit will be the only one received.
MSPeconomist, BHammy and dtwlarry like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Thanks BHammy Zorak xliioper
Good details, great clarity. I can make that MQM 100% rollover with AmEx card spend waiver work for another year of Plat Medallion. I look forward to working the system as hard as I can from Dec 15, 2021 through Jan 31, 2024!
MasterPengs likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Update: You guys were right, my account updated over night it now shows Diamond, and I got the email offering to choose benefits.
DCAhome, Hepsaint, Zorak and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Update: You guys were right, my account updated over night it now shows Diamond, and I got the email offering to choose benefits.
anyone teach you the DM handshake yet? 😂
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recall the T&C of the Medallion program at one point explicitly saying status is granted the day after the qualifying activity posts (I got into an argument with DL about status effective timing for elite bonus miles a few years ago). But I couldn’t find it just now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.