Wiki Posts
Search

FA priorities ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
FA priorities ?

Two flights yesterday and FA's couldn't have cared less about the usual seat backs upright and stow your laptops.
First flight half the F cabin had seats reclined during landing.
Second flight the chap next to me kept hacking away on his laptop all the way to landing. 2 FA's walked by several times and didn't seem to care.

I really don't care about what other's do or don't but these days an FA will bark at you if your damn mask slips 1/2 inch below your nose but here they didn't even notice the standard safety things on consecutive flights
Are their priorities so much tilted towards the mask business these days ?

/rant
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Crew by Crew.

MIA-LAX on AA last week the crew made it their mission to punish everyone whose phones were not in airplane mode. This one FA made it her sole reason to be on this earth-she walked through EVERY SINGLE customer in J/F asking them to show her their phones lol. Then when she started the safety video she watched and the SECOND one person looked at their phone screen she restarted the entire safety demo over and made the announcement she had to do it because someone wasn't in airplane mode and wed be stuck on the ground until it was stopped. This happened three times.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:19 am

That's usually when I close my eyes and get some sleep. LOL

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Crew by Crew.

MIA-LAX on AA last week the crew made it their mission to punish everyone whose phones were not in airplane mode. This one FA made it her sole reason to be on this earth-she walked through EVERY SINGLE customer in J/F asking them to show her their phones lol. Then when she started the safety video she watched and the SECOND one person looked at their phone screen she restarted the entire safety demo over and made the announcement she had to do it because someone wasn't in airplane mode and wed be stuck on the ground until it was stopped. This happened three times.
davedeboston likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: DL, UA
Agreed it is crew by crew. Mask wise you know on boarding. If they're already attacking the micro spacing to nostril, you know you're going to have to basically ingest your food and drink that flight by inhalation, or virtual fantasizing, or both. Typically the FAs on these flights are wearing at least 2 of the masks, and look very very scared about their life.

Other flights you see the FAs smiling, not so strict on masks and acting as though they're still happy to be in a customer facing role.

I tend to just adapt to the environment. Granted, I much prefer the latter example and more relaxed flying experiences, but humans being human it is a crapshoot.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
not DL, but on AA I have had both types... fun and no so much fin at all.... I prefer fun..
after all, we are all adults, and no the current rules..
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by Frogbone
Two flights yesterday and FA's couldn't have cared less about the usual seat backs upright and stow your laptops.
First flight half the F cabin had seats reclined during landing.
Second flight the chap next to me kept hacking away on his laptop all the way to landing. 2 FA's walked by several times and didn't seem to care.
If you're that concerned about safety, send a note to DL and tell them their FAs violated protocol instead of posting about it on the internet.

I really don't care about what other's do or don't but these days an FA will bark at you if your damn mask slips 1/2 inch below your nose but here they didn't even notice the standard safety things on consecutive flights
Are their priorities so much tilted towards the mask business these days ?

/rant
Ah, there it is. I'm guessing you got called out for not wearing your mask? They (DL) are only following FAA/DOT guidelines. It doesn't really matter whether you agree or disagree with masking - airports and onboard airplanes are federal jurisdiction.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I actually have seen more and more DL flights lately where the FAs haven't asked for seats to be upright for landing. On a 763 the other day, in Delta One, folks actually had their carry on bags stored in the seats in front of them (where you put your feet up). Very big change from what it used to be!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by spudley007
I actually have seen more and more DL flights lately where the FAs haven't asked for seats to be upright for landing. On a 763 the other day, in Delta One, folks actually had their carry on bags stored in the seats in front of them (where you put your feet up). Very big change from what it used to be!
Similar on a couple of recent A330 Delta One flights with bags stored in seats and some seats not fully upright for landing.

Felt particularly bizarre after connecting from a BA flight where my seat wouldn’t lock into the landing position and the BA flight crew were hinting I might have to sit elsewhere for landing until the seat finally decided to cooperate.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
If you're that concerned about safety, send a note to DL and tell them their FAs violated protocol instead of posting about it on the internet.

Ah, there it is. I'm guessing you got called out for not wearing your mask? They (DL) are only following FAA/DOT guidelines. It doesn't really matter whether you agree or disagree with masking - airports and onboard airplanes are federal jurisdiction.
Seem to miss the point. They're just as required by government to enforce FAA rules for landing.

Also this is a forum to discuss things about DL. If you don't want to read about things that happen on DL, not sure why you're here.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
No, I wasn't all THAT concerned about safety but that is the FA's primary job and they should do it. My point was that it seams mask patrolling is more important to them now than any other FAA rules such as a laptop use during landing. Very obvious.

No, I wasn't called out. Not on this flight but have before. You imply that I disagree with masking, which I don't. I am sorry you didn't understand the point of my post.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

Last I checked everything else OP listed are also FAA guidelines?
Frogbone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.