Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated year-end push for status/next level advice/how-to thread

Consolidated year-end push for status/next level advice/how-to thread

Old Nov 15, 21, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Topham View Post
Thanks for the quick answer.

So if we go Comfort plus then I would receive 1.75 x 4 segments = 7 segments - right? (RIC-MLB via ATL).
Correct. RIC-ATL-CHA + CHA-ATL-MLB + MLB-ATL-RIC would be 9 segments in basic economy or main cabin. BNA also has decent fares to/from RIC and MLB.
Topham likes this.
Old Nov 15, 21, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
If you are in main cabin, you could upgrade your seats to Comfort+ or First Class which has a higher multiplier for MQM earn with the status accelerator promo. Depending how far your trip is, it could be enough to put you over the top.
Good call. I already upgraded myself to first on the way there, and was hoping to do the same for the way back after you said that, but a fare drop today tanked my MQD earnings for that trip. I opted for the big ecredit to use for next year instead.
Old Nov 16, 21, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Nexus, VIA Rail Premier
I'm about 18000 MQM from Plat. I have an upcoming run that looks like it'll net me 4000 but, I'd still need another 14000 from somewhere (thinking a last minute Europe hop).

My travel in 2022 will be mostly YYZ/LAX, NYC,LAS with a few hops to Europe/Africa. I've been Silver for the past two years, but I feel like I could even get Diamond with my planned travel in 2022. Living in YYZ so no MQD needed for me. Is it worth the Push for Platinum before end of year, or should I simply wait and get it early in 2022 There isn't much time left in the year, so I don't have an actual planned trip. If I go somewhere now it'll be a mileage run, but if I do it next year, it'll be a leisure/work trip. Wondering if there's any advantage to hitting Plat now vs Feb/March?
Old Nov 16, 21, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyztodtw View Post
I'm about 18000 MQM from Plat. I have an upcoming run that looks like it'll net me 4000 but, I'd still need another 14000 from somewhere (thinking a last minute Europe hop).

My travel in 2022 will be mostly YYZ/LAX, NYC,LAS with a few hops to Europe/Africa. I've been Silver for the past two years, but I feel like I could even get Diamond with my planned travel in 2022. Living in YYZ so no MQD needed for me. Is it worth the Push for Platinum before end of year, or should I simply wait and get it early in 2022 There isn't much time left in the year, so I don't have an actual planned trip. If I go somewhere now it'll be a mileage run, but if I do it next year, it'll be a leisure/work trip. Wondering if there's any advantage to hitting Plat now vs Feb/March?
It'll be easier to hit this year with the Status Accelerator program. YYZ-OGG can be done for $759CAD roundtrip (or 50K with Skymiles) in main cabin in December and earns 14K+ MQMs with Status Accelerator. YYZ-ANC goes for $554CAD/29K miles and is in the neighborhood of 10K - 11K MQMs depending on routing. I have DTW-SEA-PHX-SEA-DTW (9K MQMs) booked in December for 18K miles in Main Cabin, but it's up to 25K miles now. DTW-SEA-DTW is on the new A339.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 16, 21 at 6:12 am
Old Nov 16, 21, 7:26 am

I just made Gold status last weekend and need 19,663 MQMs to reach Platinum. Does it make sense for me to try some mileage runs before the end of the year? I live in CLE, so Delta doesn't have a lot of options.

Thanks

- Dave
Old Nov 16, 21, 9:13 am

Earning MQMs Without Flying

Quick question for the forum -

If I book a trip but don’t actually take the flight, do I still earn the MQMs I would have otherwise? To be clear - I wouldn’t be canceling (I would still be paying), I simply wouldn’t show up for the flight.

I want to know if I’m close to leveling up to the next status level at the end of the year if I can employ this method.

thanks!
Old Nov 16, 21, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No MQM's are earned unless you actually board and fly the flight. Sorry, but this method does not work.
ijgordon and Topham like this.
Old Nov 16, 21, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, DL Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by gsanders View Post
Hoping to get some help from this esteemed group.

I am very close to making back to Silver after many years of not flying enough. I have one more trip planned this year, booked in Comfort+. As I do the rough math, it looks like I will just sqeak over the MQM line, and miss MQD by about $150.

What's the best way to push myself over the line here?

Somewhat related to this, I have more trips planned (but not yet booked) in early 2022, and would love to do a Status Challenge. That would also address my 2021 problem. Any luck with Delta doing that these days?

THANK YOU
Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but EQDs are awarded to award tickets until the end of this year at a rate of 1,000 RDM redeemed to $10 EQD. So a redemption of 10,000 RDM would get you there in Main Cabin or 8600 RDM for Comfort+ (since the MQDs also get a 50%/75% accelerator bonus).
Old Nov 18, 21, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA CK 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Will I qualify for platinum

First time poster here on the Delta Forum…I am currently gold with 71,100 miles and have spent the qualifying amount to get platinum. I have one flight left from LGA to TPA in first class. Will this get me platinum status or will I still be a little short? I might be able to do one more run in F from LGA-PIT in late December if I need to. Thanks
Old Nov 18, 21, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sportsguymichael View Post
First time poster here on the Delta Forum…I am currently gold with 71,100 miles and have spent the qualifying amount to get platinum. I have one flight left from LGA to TPA in first class. Will this get me platinum status or will I still be a little short? I might be able to do one more run in F from LGA-PIT in late December if I need to. Thanks
Is the LGA-TPA roundtrip or one-way? One-way in F would be about 2650 MQMs and roundtrip would be about 5300 with the Status Accelerator.
Old Nov 18, 21, 6:53 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, Avis President's Club
Upgrade Priority after re-qualifying for same level

I'm maintaining Silver Medallion in 2022 thanks to the extension and understand I'll be dead last for upgrades. I'm likely flying SEA-TLV sometime during Q1 in D1/PS (PS is somehow cheaper than Eco/C+) which will earn enough MQM and MQD for Silver in 2023. Will this reset my upgrade priority within Silver Medallion for the rest of 2022?
Old Nov 18, 21, 7:28 pm

One way. I guess I will be making a trip to Pittsburgh! Thanks for your reply
Old Nov 19, 21, 8:55 am

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, AA PLT, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael View Post
One way. I guess I will be making a trip to Pittsburgh! Thanks for your reply
Since you're in F, you could try to same day confirm to LGA-MSP-TPA which would yield 6100 MQMs. You say 71,100 MQMs. If you're actually over by a few and are just rounding, you could also look at LGA-DTW-TPA, which would yield about 3890-3900 MQMs. I wouldn't recommend the LGA-DTW-TPA option if you're sitting at 71,105 MQMs but if you have about 71,125 MQMs or more, it would also be a viable routing without requiring an additional round trip to PIT.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Nov 19, 21, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post
Since you're in F, you could try to same day confirm to LGA-MSP-TPA which would yield 6100 MQMs. You say 71,100 MQMs. If you're actually over by a few and are just rounding, you could also look at LGA-DTW-TPA, which would yield about 3890-3900 MQMs. I wouldn't recommend the LGA-DTW-TPA option if you're sitting at 71,105 MQMs but if you have about 71,125 MQMs or more, it would also be a viable routing without requiring an additional round trip to PIT.
71,106 to be exact. Thanks for the advice
Old Nov 19, 21, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The cheapest LGA-TPA Z fares (XAUSA5FE) require non-stop routing. You might get some pushback if you request connecting SDC options on those fares.

Search this Thread