Return to US Covid test requirements

Old Nov 10, 21, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies View Post
You’ll be fine as long as the at-home is video observed and you get a result page that shows your name, date/time of test, result, test type and lab info (even if virtual).

Also the staff working DL flights in CDG is all either DL or works directly for DL. AF interaction only happens at the AF/partner SkyPriority check in, AF lounges, and transfer desks. If you’re SkyPriority and worried about test acceptance with AF, it may be worth just hopping over to the DL counters since that’s a DL-run operation.
AF handles all of DL operation at CDG unless something changed.. You get redirected to AF.com if try and do OLCI with DL. AF wouldn't be able to check bags at SP desk if DL handled their own operations.

The DL desk AFAIK are simply AF employees, even if dressed as a DL employee, with exception of a station manager.
SDQBound likes this.
Old Nov 10, 21, 6:59 pm
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
AF handles all of DL operation at CDG unless something changed.. You get redirected to AF.com if try and do OLCI with DL. AF wouldn't be able to check bags at SP desk if DL handled their own operations.

The DL desk AFAIK are simply AF employees, even if dressed as a DL employee, with exception of a station manager.
This is completely accurate. And that’s my fear, AF personnel not knowing that type of test.

By the way, DL SkyPriority ticket counter is no longer at the large SkyPriority area (6-7). It was moved to area 4-5 along with the rest of the Delta check-in, this was done to better manage the US-bound passenger flow due to the new vaccination card requirements.
Old Nov 10, 21, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
This is completely accurate. And that’s my fear, AF personnel not knowing that type of test.

By the way, DL SkyPriority ticket counter is no longer at the large SkyPriority area (6-7). It was moved to area 4-5 along with the rest of the Delta check-in, this was done to better manage the US-bound passenger flow due to the new vaccination card requirements.
AF knows the video tests work for US. The problem at this point is outstations where they don't deal with any US flights from airport (on any carrier).

CDG AF agents are well versed in what US takes..
bgriff likes this.
Old Nov 11, 21, 1:22 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Flying back from Sydney (Aus) soon - any potential issues using these to fly from SYD to LAX due to staff unfamiliarity? I have used them successfully on three European trips and Canada too.

my one concern is the part of timatic that suggests test has to be from accredited lab in country of departure (not just USA) if I’m not mistaken
Old Nov 11, 21, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr View Post
Flying back from Sydney (Aus) soon - any potential issues using these to fly from SYD to LAX due to staff unfamiliarity? I have used them successfully on three European trips and Canada too.

my one concern is the part of timatic that suggests test has to be from accredited lab in country of departure (not just USA) if I’m not mistaken
Shouldn't be an issue for DL. They never stopped flying to SYD unlike AA/QF and I believe even UA.
Old Nov 11, 21, 2:24 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Shouldn't be an issue for DL. They never stopped flying to SYD unlike AA/QF and I believe even UA.
thanks

and my mom has two separate bookings - SYD to LAX and then a flight 7 hours later from LAX to Canada on a SEPARATE ticket. I’ve read the rules carefully and it seems she shoudn’t have any issues at all using a at home test to get to LAX and then we would get her a separate rapid PCR test in LA during her layover.

Am I right this separate ticket flight won’t affect her at all getting on to SYD flight (she is Canadian so now issues entering or staying in USA).

thanks
Old Nov 11, 21, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

thanks

and my mom has two separate bookings - SYD to LAX and then a flight 7 hours later from LAX to Canada on a SEPARATE ticket. I’ve read the rules carefully and it seems she shoudn’t have any issues at all using a at home test to get to LAX and then we would get her a separate rapid PCR test in LA during her layover.

Am I right this separate ticket flight won’t affect her at all getting on to SYD flight (she is Canadian so now issues entering or staying in USA).

thanks
No issues. If she has checked bags she can ask they be tagged through to Canada. In fact if her LAX-CANADA flight is operated by DL, bags can be tagged for ITI transfer and won't need to be picked up upon arriving in US.. This only applies if she is flying nonstop to Canada on DL (not WS or other) from LAX without making a stop in US before Canada.. Make sure they place the purple ITI tag on bag if this is the case..
Old Nov 11, 21, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by missedtheconcorde View Post
FWIW I tried to use the Binax to get back to US in September and Qatar airways refused to accept video tests - said the US wasn't honoring them (which I think is BS). Delta/AF has been no problem for returns from Mexico & Africa, not sure about KLM.
Just print the lab result file. I had AeroMexico refuse to accept the digital NAVICA pass, specifically because it was a “proctored test”. I then handed the EMed result page that I had printed with me and it was no issue.
Old Nov 11, 21, 7:21 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gitismatty View Post
I purchased the abbot binax test here in the states and took it with me. did the video call about 36 hours before departure and had my results all in about 20 minutes. I heard some people on FT saying it took forever to be connected to a clinician, but I dont think I waited more than 2-3 minutes

if you go this route, make sure you purchase the one with emed. they sell one you can do at home and interpret yourself, but that's not valid for international travel. it has to have the video consult.
A false positive was my fear when I flew zrh-ams-jfk in August. Assuming the non-supervised tests are (considerably) cheaper than supervised, using one of these for a "dry run" could be useful; if you get two fps from two different test kits, it may indicate a real positive = 14 day quarrantine.
Old Nov 12, 21, 5:16 am

Am I the only one concerned about the fact the new Emed template says nothing about specimen collected? The old ones did. Now it just says “date”
Old Nov 12, 21, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Am I the only one concerned about the fact the new Emed template says nothing about specimen collected? The old ones did. Now it just says “date”
As it is monitored the date by definition is the same as dare collected. Also US goes by 3 day not 72 hours.
Old Nov 12, 21, 12:46 pm

As it is monitored the date by definition is the same as dare collected. Also US goes by 3 day not 72 hours.
you and I know that but someone looking at EMED results wouldn’t though?

I recall a gentleman in MSP almost being denying boarding to YYC because his airport PCR test didn’t show the date it was collected

i printed both NAVICA and emed and hopefully the agents will read them bother together if need be since NAVICA has all the info

thanks
Old Nov 12, 21, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Just a quick update, we did an Antigen Quicktest at a German train station. The people there really wanted to help, they even added our passport numbers before they printed out the results. The cost of the test was 14 Euro, result was available within 20 minutes. No issue when checking in at STR, contract employees knew exactly what was required, well, almost. It turned out that nobody cared about the US government form they had us fill out, I still have it.
Old Nov 12, 21, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by drminn View Post
Just a quick update, we did an Antigen Quicktest at a German train station. The people there really wanted to help, they even added our passport numbers before they printed out the results. The cost of the test was 14 Euro, result was available within 20 minutes. No issue when checking in at STR, contract employees knew exactly what was required, well, almost. It turned out that nobody cared about the US government form they had us fill out, I still have it.
Yes, i can astted to that ( just flow from Germany to the US as non-US citizen ): The cheapest PCR Test ( ususualy between 18-25 Euros ) are fine as long as the results page is in english and has your complete name and if possible passport number on it. It might even be ok just in german and without passport info as these results are only checked at the departure airport and as long as the check in agent can verify the test you're good to go - nobody in the US cared a bit. The attestation form should have been collected while boarding the final flight to the US..
Old Nov 12, 21, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by drminn View Post
Form isn't collected till flight to the US. If you flew STR-US then they messed up. (Or you filled an electronic version out)

Search this Thread