Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Braves Return Charter after World Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (demoted with Amex waiver increase) and 1 MM

Does anyone know the flight details for the Braves flight from Houston to Atlanta today?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (demoted with Amex waiver increase) and 1 MM
Now the flights are showing up on FlightAware and Delta's website. Looks like two charters 8877 and 8876. One is a 757 one is an A333.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Congratulations Atlanta Braves! You deserved the fourth WS championships. 26 years since the last World Series Championships in 1995. 2 1/2 decades now.
Carolina2Cali likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
Congratulations Atlanta Braves! You deserved the fourth WS championships. 26 years since the last World Series Championships in 1995. 2 1/2 decades now.
Also the last time the Cincinnati Reds won a postseason series. They beat Dodgers in the first round (NLDS) before getting swept by the Braves in the NLCS.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jgers1j
Does anyone know the flight details for the Braves flight from Houston to Atlanta today?
Delta 8877 is the Braves regular charter. That's been the Braves flight number for ~3 years. A look at its flight history on flight aware will show a mirror of the Braves schedule./

DL8876 is an extra one for Braves staff and families that is World Series-only.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Also the last time the Cincinnati Reds won a postseason series. They beat Dodgers in the first round (NLDS) before getting swept by the Braves in the NLCS.
I can't recalled. I can't remember when they won a postseason last time. What years is it?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: rr ua hyatt marriott spg
What is their boarding procedure like? Do they just take a bus directly to the tarmac? No screening\tsa?
andrewk829 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
I can't recalled. I can't remember when they won a postseason last time. What years is it?
The Reds' last postseason series win was in 1995, against the Dodgers in the first round. They then lost to the Braves in the second round. The Reds have since made a couple a playoff appearances but have failed to advance past the first round in any of those appearances. In 2012, they even had a 2 game to 0 lead over the San Francisco Giants in the Division Series, winning the first two games in San Francisco, then came to Cincinnati with home field advantage for the remaining 3 games and got swept at home and lost the series 3-2. I was at Game 4 of that series that year.

Originally Posted by int2e
What is their boarding procedure like? Do they just take a bus directly to the tarmac? No screening\tsa?
I believe they have a TSA screening/set-up at the stadium when they board the bus and the bus takes them directly to the airport/aircraft.
N830MH likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All,

Here's a video from Atlanta Braves. They just arrive in ATL yesterday evening.

Listen to this!!!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by int2e
All aircraft over certain size require screening passengers when operated commercially.
N830MH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.