Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Hello Experts

What would be Mileage Credit MQM and MQD to Sky miles (Delta) for DXB-AMS-IAH-AMS-DXB on KLM Flights KL 428, KL 661, KL 662, KL 427 ? DXB-AMS is showing Economy (K) and AMS-IAH is showing as Premium (A).

Thanks
Basic info is here https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners

'A" shows as discounted coach on the chart. If you guess that Premium Economy will be between Full Economy and Business you probably get a 25 or 50% boost on MQM and 25% - 30% on MQD.

MQM for K and A is 100% of Distance. (You can use https://cwsi.net/calc/dl/ to calculate the distances.

MQD for K is 20% of distance and for A it's 10%. DXB-AMS is 3209 each way (6418 total MQM and $1283 MQD). AMS-IAH is 4998 each way (9996 total MQM and $1000 MQD).

Last edited by SuperG1955; Sep 1, 2022 at 1:43 am Reason: Add info about A Fare Class
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Basic info is here https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners

'A" shows as discounted coach on the chart. If you guess that Premium Economy will be between Full Economy and Business you probably get a 25 or 50% boost on MQM and 25% - 30% on MQD.

MQM for K and A is 100% of Distance. (You can use https://cwsi.net/calc/dl/ to calculate the distances.

MQD for K is 20% of distance and for A it's 10%. DXB-AMS is 3209 each way (6418 total MQM and $1283 MQD). AMS-IAH is 4998 each way (9996 total MQM and $1000 MQD).

I am also confused with A showing deep discount on Delta. May be I am reading it wrong fare code or Fare class. So Just wanted to make sure before I book this ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I am also confused with A showing deep discount on Delta. May be I am reading it wrong fare code or Fare class. So Just wanted to make sure before I book this ticket.
Premium Economy on KLM is a very recent thing, so probably the earnings chart on the DL website just hasn't been updated yet. I would be skeptical whether the backend coding has happened either for it to credit as PE vs. discounted economy. You might end up having to call in to get proper credit, assuming the table is even updated between now and then.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is PE available on the DXB-AMS and vv segments? (It might not be due to the aircraft type.) If so, check the price of a ticket thats all in PE. Breaking the fare might mean that you're paying more to sit in coach.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Zorak
Premium Economy on KLM is a very recent thing, so probably the earnings chart on the DL website just hasn't been updated yet. I would be skeptical whether the backend coding has happened either for it to credit as PE vs. discounted economy. You might end up having to call in to get proper credit, assuming the table is even updated between now and then.
I agree 100% with Zorak.

You're reading it correctly . It is Premium Economy.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is PE available on the DXB-AMS and vv segments? (It might not be due to the aircraft type.) If so, check the price of a ticket thats all in PE. Breaking the fare might mean that you're paying more to sit in coach.
The following is a quote from KLMs website:

Converting our aircraftWe start equipping our aircraft with the new Premium Comfort Class in the second half of 2022. By January 2024, the transformation will be complete on all Boeing 777 and 787 aircraft flying to intercontinental destinations!
All 777 and 787 aircraft will be 4 class by the end of 2022.
rajhyd99 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No PE is not available DXB-AMS segments on KL flights. there is DXB-CDG-AMS on AF with PE but price is high.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While KL is just now adding PE cabins to their own equipment, they've had W/S/A PE fare filings for awhile now which they've been selling on partner metal like DL and AF (marketed as "Premium Comfort Class" on KL website). If they are not already, they will almost certainly at some point credit like W/S/A PE fares shown in AF chart. Note that KL website will sell DL marketed P/A/G PS fares on non-stop DL flights (which will credit miles/MQD based on price, not distance), so you need to be careful if you specifically want KL/AF marketed flights with distance based earnings (see below for example of KL site selling DL marketed flight with DL G fare).

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 1, 2022 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:44 pm

If we book ITA flights (in discount business) through DL, do we get full MQDs? FWIW, we have more than enough rollover MQMs.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:21 am

I've been searching for Delta One award tickets on Virgin Atlantic from ATL/JFK to CDG/FCO. A few days ago when I was looking there was a decent amount of availability (multiple dates for each outbound and inbound flights for January 2023). Today when I'm looking the entire calendar is blank.

I'm new to looking at Delta One award availability with Virgin Atlantic. Is it possible that certain routes just get "removed" temporarily from inventory, whether by a technical glitch or Delta just being weird?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by alany611
I've been searching for Delta One award tickets on Virgin Atlantic from ATL/JFK to CDG/FCO. A few days ago when I was looking there was a decent amount of availability (multiple dates for each outbound and inbound flights for January 2023). Today when I'm looking the entire calendar is blank.

I'm new to looking at Delta One award availability with Virgin Atlantic. Is it possible that certain routes just get "removed" temporarily from inventory, whether by a technical glitch or Delta just being weird?
1 - you have better luck using one ways for your searches (but usually cheaper to book as a roundtrip once you find one way days that work, at least if you originate in the USA)
2 - yeah, it seems to me like delta adds and removes the inventory one month at a time. I know this isn't a rule, and I'm sure it is broken often, but it seems to be the case whenever I check.
3. with the 30% amex transfer bonus I would expect availability to disappear fast.

All the ATL-MUC availability that was there yesterday is gone now too. I think the AmEx VS transfer bonus cleared it out.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alany611

Not quite clear if you looking for DL metal availability with VS miles or VS metal availability with DL Skymiles? Seems like VS forum would be better place to ask if you are redeeming VS miles.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 2, 2022 at 8:29 am
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
I need 4,300 MQM's to get to Platinum. I could upgrade from my Delta branded Platinum AMEX to a Reserve card (prefer the Platinum however), or I could book another multi-stop flight just to collect MQM's (already have a couple vacations booked this fall though), my wife has 16,000 MQM's that she will lose at end of year since she won't reach medallion status on her own (but don't think they can't transfer unless she has a Reserve card?). Any insights on the best solution?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nivekyram
I need 4,300 MQM's to get to Platinum. I could upgrade from my Delta branded Platinum AMEX to a Reserve card (prefer the Platinum however), or I could book another multi-stop flight just to collect MQM's (already have a couple vacations booked this fall though), my wife has 16,000 MQM's that she will lose at end of year since she won't reach medallion status on her own (but don't think they can't transfer unless she has a Reserve card?). Any insights on the best solution?
You can't transfer MQMs from one account to another under any circumstances. You can only gift the 15K MQM from the $30K spend boosts with the Amex Reserve card. You can't otherwise transfer or gift MQM from another account (or any one-time sign-up bonuses for Reserve) just because you have the Amex Reserve.
Nivekyram likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nivekyram
Post in the mileage run thread being sure to give the info it requires. That's an easy number of MQM to get. DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Question about a JFK departure.

Looks like my flight to Boston is leaving from T2. Would I be able to check my bag at T4 (use the Centurion lounge) and then take the Jitney to T2 before my departure to BOS? Or do I need to check my bag in at T2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.