Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajdouglas
Using:
klm marketed, klm metal, flyingblue points, can I earn skymiles MQM/MQS or MQD?
No, only DL Skymiles awards on DL metal earn MQM/MQS/MQD.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:40 pm

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:31 am

Hello. New to the delta upgrade options. I noticed there are check boxes for first class and comfort plus. Any advantage to just checking the first class box ? If you check both will they give you first class if available and then comfort plus if first is full?
thanks
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Jprod
Hello. New to the delta upgrade options. I noticed there are check boxes for first class and comfort plus. Any advantage to just checking the first class box ? If you check both will they give you first class if available and then comfort plus if first is full?
thanks
Your chances at F are independent of whether you have the C+ box checked. The only reason not to check the C+ box is if you like your regular economy seat (e.g. you're already in your choice of exit row seat) and would prefer that to a random C+ seat (but there are also checkboxes to say you only want a specific type of C+ seat, and even if you don't check the C+ box you can still self-upgrade by selecting a specific seat in the seat map if inventory opens up)
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What elite level are you? For DM/PM, C+ "upgrades" clear shortly after purchase if available and FC starting exactly five days before scheduled departure. Many of us generally check C+ (but not middle seat) and FC. You might want to watch the seat maps and adjust your strategy accordingly. It also matters if you're traveling with someone and you'd like to sit together.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:40 am

I have no status with delta yet. Just got the reserve card and I realize my chances are slim to none but wanted some clarity moving forward as I intend to fly delta a lot more this year

also I have an upcoming trip in less than 2 weeks to Albany Ny on a day where there is currently alot of open c+ and first so I may have a small shot.

Thanks to the quick replies!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:22 pm

Does anyone know if Puerto Rico counts as "international" for the purposes of the MQD waiver?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by download
Does anyone know if Puerto Rico counts as "international" for the purposes of the MQD waiver?

As it's part of the U.S., how could it possibly count as international? I think that's probably considered domestic.

Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Some airlines do consider US mainland to SJU to be not-domestic. For example, an ATL-SJU in F earns 15 XP (medium international business) while a BOS-LAX in D1 earns 6 XP (domestic business) for Flying Blue.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
As it's part of the U.S., how could it possibly count as international? I think that's probably considered domestic.

DL defines "international" differently for different purposes. Do not assume.
volabam and defrosted like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL defines "international" differently for different purposes. Do not assume.
Residency:

Country of residence is determined by the primary address in the Member’s SkyMiles account at the time of qualification for Medallion Status.

For this purpose, I believe they use U.S. residency.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Apr 9, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:23 am

Random question - I am flying a delta flight to LHR on Virgin metal from JFK tonight. In the Virgin app my boarding pass says "priority" on it and on the Delta app it does not. I am Silver with Delta. Where should I go to drop my bag? Not sure if I should go to the normal Delta line or if I am able to use priority in the Virgin line?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
Random question - I am flying a delta flight to LHR on Virgin metal from JFK tonight. In the Virgin app my boarding pass says "priority" on it and on the Delta app it does not. I am Silver with Delta. Where should I go to drop my bag? Not sure if I should go to the normal Delta line or if I am able to use priority in the Virgin line?
You need to check in and drop your bag with the carrier that operates your flight. Virgin metal means VS, not DL. If it says "priority" look for lines labeled "priority." You might also try to check their rules here on FT, in the VS forum to see what "priority" means (boarding zone, bags, more?).
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:29 am

Thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Hello all, probably a dumb question here: I'm a new Platinum medallion member and am trying to use a RUC for the first time. I booked the ticket and then called Delta reservations, they tell me that they will wait list me for the upgrade certificate. This was one week prior to the flight. The flight is in two days from now and I still have not cleared for first class, the website still says that upgrade certificates are available to use on this flight. Is this normal? If RUC's are available to use, why can't you use them for an immediate move to first class? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.