Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Mar 26, 22, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA CK 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
They show up on the Certificates, eCredits & Vouchers page:

https://www.delta.com/myprofile/certificates

However they can take I think up to a day to show up (but usually within several hours). Note that if you try to use one immediately, DL agents may not see them immediately either (even after they appear at the above link) so you may have to read off the certificate number and redemption code to them.
Thank you. I did see them online and thought they were e-credits for previous un-used flights. I think itís strange that you canít use them online to upgrade yourself. I guess you have to call an agent to use them after you book a flight? My certificates say not valid online.
Old Mar 26, 22, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael View Post
I think itís strange that you canít use them online to upgrade yourself. I guess you have to call an agent to use them after you book a flight? My certificates say not valid online.
Yes. DL is horribly behind its competitors in this regard.
Old Mar 27, 22, 8:37 am

Hello, Sorry as I am sure this is answered somewhere in all the threads. I don't fly or get on the Delta thread too often but am super confused as to what tickets grant Delta Lounge Access?
I am looking at flying out of YWG onto PVR etc., The tickets show either Business or First. Do we get lounge access throughout the whole trip?
Delta seems very stringent on what tickets allow lounge access compared to all the others. I have read & read but still can't figure out if these tickets allow lounge access.
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 22, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post
Hello, Sorry as I am sure this is answered somewhere in all the threads. I don't fly or get on the Delta thread too often but am super confused as to what tickets grant Delta Lounge Access?
I am looking at flying out of YWG onto PVR etc., The tickets show either Business or First. Do we get lounge access throughout the whole trip?
Delta seems very stringent on what tickets allow lounge access compared to all the others. I have read & read but still can't figure out if these tickets allow lounge access.
Thanks in advance.
No lounge access for this itin (with one possible exception noted below). DL discontinued lounge access for international premium cabin tickets that are not marketed as "Delta One" several years back. Delta One service is only offered on longer haul routes over the Pacific and Atlantic and to South American along with a handful of transcon domestic and long haul Hawaii routes. Delta Gold and higher status holders (Skyteam Elite Plus) continue to receive lounge access on international flights with the exception of flights to/from the Caribbean.

Also, Delta no longer has a "business" marketing class (DL operated flights are either marketed as First Class or Delta One when DL coded). I'm assuming you are likely seeing this on partner operated AM flights. There is somewhat of a loophole here if you book an AM business marketed flight that crosses a border (can't just be from MEX to PVR), you will get lounge access via Skyteam partner rules. There are also some partners (like AF and KE) that still have a long-haul international First Class product that provides for lounge access. DL dropped it's long-haul International First product many years ago and any DL operated flight that is marketed as "First Class" (whether domestic or international) will simply be it's domestic FC equipment and service level and neither provides for Sky Club access.
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 27, 22 at 11:07 am
Old Mar 27, 22, 11:22 am

Great. Thank you so much for the info. Appreciated as now it is very clear for me.
I was first looking on ITA Matrix and it was showing First & Business etc., I just logged onto the Delta site and you are correct as it is just First Class.
Old Mar 27, 22, 1:32 pm

Hi I'm pretty new to flying Delta One. I have a question. I've flown LAS to JFK twice now in Delta One (First?) and I was freezing. Do they not offer blankets? Or any other amenities? My most recent flight we got a great meal but that was essentially it. I'm used to flying Mint but there weren't any Mint flights available that worked with my schedule. I'm asking because my daughter and I will be flying Delta One LAX to JFK in May and I'll bring blankets if necessary.
Old Mar 27, 22, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cinn124 View Post
Hi I'm pretty new to flying Delta One. I have a question. I've flown LAS to JFK twice now in Delta One (First?) and I was freezing. Do they not offer blankets? Or any other amenities? My most recent flight we got a great meal but that was essentially it. I'm used to flying Mint but there weren't any Mint flights available that worked with my schedule. I'm asking because my daughter and I will be flying Delta One LAX to JFK in May and I'll bring blankets if necessary.
LAS-JFK is no longer a Delta One marketed route as of last October even though they still have Delta One equipment flying on it. This is a key distinction when you are flying on Delta. If you look up the flights on delta.com, you will see all flights are listed as First Class including the flights flown with lie-flat Delta One equipment. Since the flights are all now marketed as First Class, there's no guarantee it will have duvets and pillows on it (it also gets standard FC meal and drink service). Even back when it was still Delta One marketed, they were inconsistent with provisioning it. JFK-LAX is a Delta One marketed and has been consistently provisioned with duvets and pillows.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 27, 22 at 2:16 pm
Old Mar 27, 22, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Asking for a friend, can someone check if the delay on DL657 (JFK-LAX) is mechanical related?

Edit: Apparently the FO didn't show up. I may take this question to the compensation thread to see what is reasonably expected. The pax was offered food vouchers but nothing was open. And then a hotel somewhere on Long Island.

Edit2: DL 383 ATL-LAX also had an overnight delay, according to another friend, they had to "reboot the plane".... Bad day to be my friend it seems....

Last edited by FlyerWx; Mar 27, 22 at 11:09 pm
Old Mar 28, 22, 8:19 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, TK Elite/*G, Simbad Gold, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
by the book, the international flight has to be the same day as the access if you're using STE+ to access the club. It's possible they'll let you in but I wouldn't count on it.
To provide my feedback on this: although I arrived as Delta Medallion Gold on AF one day earlier while had both flights on the same itinerary, this did not prevent me
from getting in the Sky Club the day after before last leg of the intinerary

Last edited by MitjaPod; Mar 29, 22 at 6:37 am
Old Mar 28, 22, 10:39 pm

A noobie question on codeshare flights: I'm booked on a flight in business (DL 7861) from SFO to ICN that's Delta managed (is "managed" the correct word?) but operated by Korean Air.
For ICN, Korean Air has their own lounge and Delta lists that Korean Air lounge on their website as well so there's no ambiguity there. But for SFO, Delta lists 3 lounges on their website: a Delta Sky Club plus 2 partner lounges (Air France and Virgin Atlantic), while Korean Air lists Air France only. In this case, which lounge list should I go by; is it Delta since I bought the ticket from them or Korean since it's their airplane that I'm actually flying?
Old Mar 28, 22, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by triponespan View Post
A noobie question on codeshare flights: I'm booked on a flight in business (DL 7861) from SFO to ICN that's Delta managed (is "managed" the correct word?) but operated by Korean Air.
For ICN, Korean Air has their own lounge and Delta lists that Korean Air lounge on their website as well so there's no ambiguity there. But for SFO, Delta lists 3 lounges on their website: a Delta Sky Club plus 2 partner lounges (Air France and Virgin Atlantic), while Korean Air lists Air France only. In this case, which lounge list should I go by; is it Delta since I bought the ticket from them or Korean since it's their airplane that I'm actually flying?
DLxxxx is "marketed" by DL, but operated by Korean (KE) as you noted. Barring some other access (e.g. an AMEX Platinum card), I don't think you'll have access to the Virgin lounge since SFO-ICN isn't otherwise eligible. However since you're in biz you have access to both the DL and AF lounges. The AF lounge is more convenient, being in the same concourse as the Korean flight (A gates). The DL Sky Club is a lot nicer, but the downside is that it's in concourse C, which is not connected post-security to the A gates so you would have to go through security twice.
Old Mar 29, 22, 10:32 am

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the Delta website has a mistake; it lists its Sky Club location as Terminal 1, which is why I thought I'd be able to get to it.
Old Mar 29, 22, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by triponespan View Post
Thanks for your reply. It looks like the Delta website has a mistake; it lists its Sky Club location as Terminal 1, which is why I thought I'd be able to get to it.
It's not exactly an error -- DL primarily uses the C gates, which indeed were formerly considered part of terminal 1, but as a result of construction/renovation, DL's check-in counters were moved into terminal 2 (D gates), and since C wasn't connected to the rest of T1 anyway (but was already connected to D) SFO just redesignated C as part of T2. Eventually the plan is that the entire airport will be connected airside but for now, A and B, though connected to each other, are not connected to the rest of CDEFG.
Old Mar 29, 22, 11:18 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
If one has SkyTeam Elite Plus status via status on a non-Delta SkyTeam partner, should that show up anywhere in one's Delta account? My understanding is that certain SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits are supposed to be available alliance-wide regardless of where one credits a particular flight, but I'm not sure how it works in reality. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 22, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by js1993 View Post
If one has SkyTeam Elite Plus status via status on a non-Delta SkyTeam partner, should that show up anywhere in one's Delta account? My understanding is that certain SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits are supposed to be available alliance-wide regardless of where one credits a particular flight, but I'm not sure how it works in reality. Thanks.
I'm assuming you are one of the ITA matchers. You won't get many benefits on domestic travel (DL does not grant Sky Club access to either it's own elites, nor it's partner elites, on domestic travel). You can try the switcheroo game to get things like preferred seat access and luggage benefits I suppose. I think you'll need to do the same for lounge access on international itins. There's probably some existing threads on this as Alitalia was giving out status to anyone with a pulse a few years back during one of their many existential crises.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 29, 22 at 12:04 pm

Search this Thread