Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WGM
I tried a dummy booking and seats were available. It just seems weird but nothing DL IT should surprise me. The only real negative is my wife won't have free SC access preflight in BNA.
But were they available in the same booking class as your original flights when booked on a single fare component. Also, fare construction for what you were seeing may have been a broken fare (you would have to look at fare rules link to see if that was the case) if there was no married inventory at all.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:13 pm

How is it that standby passengers and non revenue passengers cleared directly into first class and comf+ while there was still people on the upgrade list?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
So I qualified for platinum medallion in 2021. Got my luggage tags the other day and I got gold tags and they don't have the little straps to attach to my bag.

I know these luggage tags are kind of a douchey flex, but I was proud I basically made it on award travel and cc spend.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by bta15
So I qualified for platinum medallion in 2021. Got my luggage tags the other day and I got gold tags and they don't have the little straps to attach to my bag.

I know these luggage tags are kind of a douchey flex, but I was proud I basically made it on award travel and cc spend.
At least you got yours. I have been waiting a year for my silver ones, which I would use proudly, just 'cuz.
Synapseturquoise and Dave1378 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Just want to make sure before I start speculatively booking things. If I book for my wife and son with my Skymiles and cancel the flight, all the Skymiles get redeposited to my account correct?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Just want to make sure before I start speculatively booking things. If I book for my wife and son with my Skymiles and cancel the flight, all the Skymiles get redeposited to my account correct?
Correct.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:51 pm

What does it mean when a flight seat map becomes unavailable? The flight is in two months.

Is it an equipment change? Schedule change? I assume that by next week the seat map will be available once more—as long as the flight has not been canceled?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by FabCW
What does it mean when a flight seat map becomes unavailable? The flight is in two months.

Is it an equipment change? Schedule change? I assume that by next week the seat map will be available once more—as long as the flight has not been canceled?
"What does it mean..." Look at the calendar. Is today a Saturday? DL makes their schedule adjustments on Saturday - check again on Sunday or Monday and see what happened.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
Correct.
.....and the taxes and fees are refunded to the original means of payment (credit card).
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Can anybody share excel sheet with MQM and MQD calculation for DL and DL Partner airlines or any sites where we can get the actual picture of MQM/MQD/RDM. Sometimes it will handy to see which Partner Airlines will get most value..
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:51 pm

I’ve been happily shopping for my upcoming trip in May, JFK-CDG, D1. Return in PS.

I tend to be cold on flights. Does D1 provide a blanket? I assume yes because there is the bed. But should I choose to rest/sleep in the chair, is it a good blanket for that or should I bring one?

Also, are there toothbrush, toothpaste and eye mask in the amenity kit?

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Can anybody share excel sheet with MQM and MQD calculation for DL and DL Partner airlines or any sites where we can get the actual picture of MQM/MQD/RDM. Sometimes it will handy to see which Partner Airlines will get most value..
Most of us just refer to the partner earning page -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners
You have to click on the square boxes that say "Mileage Earn On/After ..." to bring up the earnings tables (unfortunately, it's not all that obvious). Earn is basically consistent among the core partners (and they generally have better earning rates than other partners). Note the flights must be specifically marketed by partners (and not DL). DL operated flights marketed by partners also earn based on partner earning rates.
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 14, 2022 at 5:02 am
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
I’ve been happily shopping for my upcoming trip in May, JFK-CDG, D1. Return in PS.

I tend to be cold on flights. Does D1 provide a blanket? I assume yes because there is the bed. But should I choose to rest/sleep in the chair, is it a good blanket for that or should I bring one?

Also, are there toothbrush, toothpaste and eye mask in the amenity kit?

Thanks!
They do provide a blanket and pillow. and it's usually plenty (for me, too) warm. They provide toothbrush, toothpaste, and an eye mask in the amenity kit.
LadyWrites likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
They do provide a blanket and pillow. and it's usually plenty (for me, too) warm. They provide toothbrush, toothpaste, and an eye mask in the amenity kit.
Much obliged!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:23 am

Question Premium Select - no floor storage during take-off?

Hey Everyone! I will be flying Premium Select soon. I saw on the Delta site that these seats have "no floor storage during take-off and landing."

Would someone please explain to me why this is? I've been searching and searching for an answer or reasoning. I'm not losing my mind and not angry about it. Just want to understand why, as other seating doesn't seem to have this requirement.

Thanks for any wisdoms you can share!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.