Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:39 am

Where is the 767-400 seat thread? I searched. I'm taking it ATL-SCL in two weeks. Can I assume, being an older plane, that AC oulets are unreliable? We're in the first row, middle section of Comfort Plus.

On the return EZE-ATL we are on the Airbus 350 so I would expect AC outlets (and video) to be more reliable?

I have one of these portable batteries to charge my phone and other devices. I was debating whether I should bring it.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I am a newbie to GUCs. I just called and an agent applied my first one. Now I have questions.

I'm flying BER-AMS-SEA. No upgrade on the BER-AMS flight but the agent cleared me into D1 on the AMS-SEA flight.

There is now an extra segment for the AMS-SEA flight with the same ticket number and an unassigned seat. Website won't let me assign the seat.

???

eta: I called. It wasn't done right the first time, looks good now.
obscure2k likes this.

Last edited by chollie; Dec 4, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by chollie
I am a newbie to GUCs. I just called and an agent applied my first one. Now I have questions.

I'm flying BER-AMS-SEA. No upgrade on the BER-AMS flight but the agent cleared me into D1 on the AMS-SEA flight.

There is now an extra segment for the AMS-SEA flight with the same ticket number and an unassigned seat. Website won't let me assign the seat.

???

eta: I called. It wasn't done right the first time, looks good now.
The Over/Under on "Number of calls required to get a GUC applied correctly" is 3.5 (so there can't be a push). You still managed to get the "Under", for now.
chollie likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 3:44 am

Will the 2024 Diamond Choice selection allow you to choose $1000 MQD x3?
I don't want to do it yet, obviously, just curious if that's an option.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 4:02 am

And in 2025, as Diamond, could you do $2,000 MQD accelerator x3 for $6,000 MQD total?
And as Platinum 2025, an additional $1,000 MQD?
So 7k total if you wanted to blow all your choice benefits on MQD?
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OnlyTraveler
And in 2025, as Diamond, could you do $2,000 MQD accelerator x3 for $6,000 MQD total?
And as Platinum 2025, an additional $1,000 MQD?
So 7k total if you wanted to blow all your choice benefits on MQD?
The only choice benefits that can only be chosen once according to T&Cs are the Upgrade certs, Delta Vacations Experience, and Starbucks Rewards Stars. As noted at bottom, unless explicitly stated otherwise, other benefits can be chosen more than once. There are a number of ways to generate MQDs without spending that equivalent amount on DL tickets, so many would probably regard that as wasting selections. If you are using all your Choice Benefits on MQDs, it sounds likes you are mostly chasing after status for the sake of having status (and so what is the point)?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:34 pm

Boarding passes and Apple Watch?

Whats the story? I only found one post with no replies.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If I lose status on 1/31, will flights on 2/1 still upgrade at the window if inventory is available? If yes, will I retain my upgraded seats on day of departure?

I have a RUC expiring 1/31. Can I use it on a flight departing after that date if I book now and it can clear it right away?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: Diamond DL
hello i am DM and next year PM
in 2023 every time i did buy on Airfrance website a flight from mexico to itay, i had been able to choose immediately any economy seat including emergency and duo seat
With KLM i can even choose economy confort (and in the last trip , i was upgraded few hours before the flight, from AMS to MEX in business. and my ticket was economy light
and this is of course very GOOD
Now the question
Is this immediate seat selection (and sometimes last minute upgrade to premium economy or business) a privilege of being DIAMOND? or it is also for PM?
I could not find the information if next year, being downgraded to Platinum, i will stil be able, after buying the aifrance flights Mexico-Italy, to immediately choose the preferred seat ( especially the emergency exit) in AF/KL and the economy comfort (klm only)
thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
If I lose status on 1/31, will flights on 2/1 still upgrade at the window if inventory is available? If yes, will I retain my upgraded seats on day of departure?

I have a RUC expiring 1/31. Can I use it on a flight departing after that date if I book now and it can clear it right away?
I believe window upgrades will still process, but may or may not stick RUCs are only supposed to be applied to flights before expiration date (it's in the T&Cs) unless you get lucky and find agent who will make an exception.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:20 pm

This was in response to earlier comment of "what's the point"
Just trying to figure out what's stackable as I make a list of realistic additional sources of MQD, since that requirement went up significantly for future status.
So far it's:
7k from choice selections (obviously not ideal and lower maximum in 2024)
2.5k from each CC
CC spend on Reserve 10:1 (also not ideal)

Last edited by OnlyTraveler; Dec 7, 2023 at 9:23 pm Reason: forgot to quote
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Hey everyone. Due to mileage expiration and cost cutting, I booked a rather weird itinerary.
I have a Bogota-JFK flight in Delta One, leaving at 11:50 PM. I arrive (on a separate ticket - avianca) at around 2:20PM. I assume there is enough time to transfer, but was wandering:
A. At what time should I expect DL counters to open for this flight? (So I can recheck myluggage)
B. I know there is another Dl flight towards another destination, that leaves at 3:50 PM (or so). Any chances, if I managed to get there, and they are still open, that they would check me that early?
thanks everyone
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:40 am

Recently booked SEA-ICN and saw an option for a paid upgrade to D1 in the seat map. Cancelled that and booked SEA-ICN-SZX (second leg on KE) but no longer seeing the D1 upgrade option. Is this normal?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by download
Recently booked SEA-ICN and saw an option for a paid upgrade to D1 in the seat map. Cancelled that and booked SEA-ICN-SZX (second leg on KE) but no longer seeing the D1 upgrade option. Is this normal?
FCM upgrades are only offered on DL metal and pretty sure the entire itin has to be DL metal to get them on the DL legs.
download likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 12:47 pm

At CDG, can I verify passport at a kiosk? CDG-JFK flight. Or can I wait to lounge or gate?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.