Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeke3
If they do end up marketing it as D1, what does Delta do with any existing FC reservations? Do they typically move these to D1 or PS?
No, you will keep your seat up front. FC/D1 use the same booking classes so they don't really have to do anything to indicate you are still in forward cabin. PS cabin might be trickier since it uses different booking classes than C+.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
The flights with 763 are currently J0 (they are definitely still in schedule, just J0 and so no seats available for puchase in F). Could be they are zeroed out so they could load D1 fares. Then again, they may not bother filing D1 fares on the route and they are just zeroed out to settle seating situation for those already booked. If it's D1 marketed, they need to up service offerings on flight (and the downside is you'll need to use a GUC to upgrade). The flight is currently scheduled to go back to a 757 in April.
So is this just a past Schedule Saturday where they somehow failed to load any fares for the B763 on this route? Seems like a pretty big mistake when customers are unable to purchase your highest revenue seats but can't.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
So is this just a past Schedule Saturday where they somehow failed to load any fares for the B763 on this route? Seems like a pretty big mistake when customers are unable to purchase your highest revenue seats but can't.
There are fares loaded on route -- and actually both F and D1 fares (D1 fares were loaded back on May 31st -- I backchecked on EF). The problem is not a lack of fare filings, but rather all the flights are currently J0. Most likely they want to get seats settled for existing pax before selling new tickets.
mnbp, RetiredATLATC and zeke3 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:10 am

Programs: BA
Excluding Basic Economy, are there no redeposit fees on SkyMiles bookings anymore, including for flights on partner metal?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiivile
Excluding Basic Economy, are there no redeposit fees on SkyMiles bookings anymore, including for flights on partner metal?
Officially, only for award travel originating within North America. Unofficially, it doesn't seem to matter where travel originates.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/baggage/overview

Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
ZRH Lounge

Flying J from ZRH to BOS. Is there a fee for Primeclass Lounge access?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:31 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
ZRH-BOS on Delta? That flight doesn't exist. Or are you connecting in JFK?
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Looking at booking 2 domestic First Class award tickets using Delta points for next year - One for me, one for wife, traveling together.
1) Looking for confirmation that domestic award tickets are indeed fully refundable (miles redeposited)
2) Also looking for confirmation that all miles will be returned to my account (origination), not to the account of the traveler on the ticket.

Finally- is 34,500 miles for a $379 ticket (non-refundable) within reason for mileage valuation?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Looking at booking 2 domestic First Class award tickets using Delta points for next year - One for me, one for wife, traveling together.
1) Looking for confirmation that domestic award tickets are indeed fully refundable (miles redeposited)
2) Also looking for confirmation that all miles will be returned to my account (origination), not to the account of the traveler on the ticket.

Finally- is 34,500 miles for a $379 ticket (non-refundable) within reason for mileage valuation?
1) - Yes, fully refundable until departure
2) - Yes, all miles will return to your account if you cancel

As far as the miles, that sounds a little high for a $379 fare. I would probably pay cash in that situation. I paid a similar number of miles for a flight that was at $500 recently to compare.
WannaTheater likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WannaTheater

If you don't currently have a Delta Amex card, you could knock that down to around 29,300 miles with 15% discount.
WannaTheater likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:50 pm

Delta just issued a refund for eCredit I had, even though I didn't ask for it.
Why are they doing this? It will mess up offers/bonuses that depend on spending certain amount, as this will put me below those limits.

Last edited by satellite779; Nov 30, 2023 at 3:02 pm
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:32 pm

Hi

I'm finding the companion certificate fare restrictions to be obtuse - how do I look up all the fare classes?

Is there a thread that covers the companion certificates?

Thank you
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by LVObserver
I'm finding the companion certificate fare restrictions to be obtuse - how do I look up all the fare classes?
You can search on the Delta website for travel and the least expensive fare class for each class of service will be displayed on each flight.

You can also use a paid service like ExpertFlyer to better examine inventory as a specific matter. Once you have a companion certificate in your account, you can also search with it selected, which will only display eligible flights.

Companion certificates are good for simple round-trip travel within the lower 48 (unless you live in AK or HI), in L/U/T/X/V classes, or I/Z classes (Reserve cert).

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:25 pm

my original flight had some changes and it says I was eligible for a full refund to original payment and it let me select that.

is that guaranteed? I didnt think the change was that signifcant. (2hours) Im hoping it doesnt come get back an ecredit since itll expire soon. The pending refund needs to be manually approved it seems.

thanks in advance
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:46 am

Can't assign a seat in your class of service EZE-ATL

I'm getting this error in Delta website on flight RDU-ATL-SCL-EZE-ATL. Segment EZE-ATL. I *thought* and I looks like we have seat assignments in Comfort Plus. But this error message has me worried. Flight is in 2.5 weeks. Flight EZE-ATL is almost completely full. Has something really bad happened and we have lost our seat assignments? I will call or chat or email Delta but I wasn't expecting to be on the phone for hours so close to our trip. This was all booked about a year ago. As soon as the booking window opened.

I thought that maybe in the "view seat assignment" window I accidentally clicked on a different cabin. But this message seems to come up whenever I look at the EZE-ATL flight.

We are on the upgrade list for RDU-ATL / ATL-RDU but NOT ATL-SCL or EZE-ATL. This involves a cruise and is not a round trip.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.