Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Sep 29, 23, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by satellite779
As a Platinum Medallion, am I eligible for FC upgrade on an international ticket for the domestic segment? AMS-SLC-SEA, Delta ticketed itinerary, AMS-SLC is KLM economy comfort. I'm interested in getting the SLC-SEA leg upgraded to FC.
As long as the SLC-SEA leg is DL marketed (not just DL ticketed), the leg will be comp upgrade eligible at Plat 5 day window. If it is KL marketed, it will only be eligible for day-of-departure upgrades.
satellite779 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 23, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
As long as the SLC-SEA leg is DL marketed (not just DL ticketed), the leg will be comp upgrade eligible at Plat 5 day window. If it is KL marketed, it will only be eligible for day-of-departure upgrades.
Can I use a RUC to get upgraded? Don't see a way to do it in the app.
Old Sep 29, 23, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by satellite779
Can I use a RUC to get upgraded? Don't see a way to do it in the app.
Nope, can't use RUCs on domestic legs of an international itin. It's in the T&Cs.
Old Sep 29, 23, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by xliioper
Nominal fare difference between a one-way Main fare and FC on ex-LA A350 on ATL-LAX is currently around $800 (starting at $289 vs. $1089 for T basis fares).
That's insane . I haven't seen a differential like that in longer than I can remember!

Are ATL captives paying that? I didn't check other markets to see if it's an anomaly.
Old Sep 29, 23, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by findark
That's insane . I haven't seen a differential like that in longer than I can remember!

Are ATL captives paying that? I didn't check other markets to see if it's an anomaly.
Ive seen plenty of examples like this looking from DAY/CVG/CMH, especially for fares to SoCal (LAX/SNA/SAN).
Old Sep 29, 23, 11:11 pm

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
I just checked my flight tomorrow with DL and it says for my LAS-LAX leg the following "Upgraded To First Class".

Does that mean that I am upgraded for the flight already or do I need to ask in the checkin/gate?

I have that flight as part of a booking done through KLM (LAS-HAM) and I am an FB platinum.
Old Sep 30, 23, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EricUSC
I do not have status on DL and am looking at potentially booking a DL ATL-LAX flight on the A350 if they will offer a reasonable cash/miles buy-up to First Class. Is there any way of knowing what the buy-up offer will be before I book so I know whether to go out of my way to get on that flight?
y gli
If it matters, I've got a DL AYL-LAX flight coming up in a couple of months and it's not the DL configuration, it's one of the ex-LATAM planes. I don't know how often they need to switch them, but if you're looking for the real DL One seating, at least based on my flight in mid-December you might not get it anyway.

FTF
Old Oct 3, 23, 2:55 am

Programs: SK *G, AF Silver, Marriott Platinum
As I couldn't find a master seating thread (apologies if one exists), I was wondering if seats 1C/1G (or even 2A/2J?) on the A330-300 have bigger cubbyholes vs. regular J seats on the same aircraft.

I'll be flying on DL long-haul for the first time this winter (SEA-AMS) and on other airlines I've always struggled with narrow cubbyholes in lie-flat mode, so I want to make sure to book whatever seat gives the most foot-room for sleeping.

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 23, 4:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gojko88
As I couldn't find a master seating thread (apologies if one exists), I was wondering if seats 1C/1G (or even 2A/2J?) on the A330-300 have bigger cubbyholes vs. regular J seats on the same aircraft.

I'll be flying on DL long-haul for the first time this winter (SEA-AMS) and on other airlines I've always struggled with narrow cubbyholes in lie-flat mode, so I want to make sure to book whatever seat gives the most foot-room for sleeping.

Thanks!
All A330 D1 seats are the same. No bigger cubbyholes like on the 767s.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 23, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
What's the best way to contact DL for following up on partner mileage credit?

I took an Aeromexico flight in July, credited it to Delta. Waited awhile, it never posted, then submitted an online request and I have a case number. The email with the case number says do not reply, but the only phone number they give me is for Reservations. Is there another way I can follow-up on this?
Old Oct 4, 23, 1:57 pm

comfort+

Another maybe silly question by me, but;

What is considered free "snacks" in the comfort+ seat? Is it just access to more sun chips or is there more involved here? I know I can also get a drink.
Old Oct 4, 23, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by beckmaster

What is considered free "snacks" in the comfort+ seat? Is it just access to more sun chips or is there more involved here? I know I can also get a drink.
The SunChips get offered with the drink service in Comfort+... There are other snacks from a snack basket that get circulated before the drink cart comes thru... .. Some examples of those would be the popcorn, bars, sweet and savory pretzel bag etc..
Old Oct 5, 23, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by beckmaster

C+ gets the snack basket and then you typically also get offered an additional snack that is offered to Y pax such as Biscoffs, pretzels, etc.
Old Oct 5, 23, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by ssk244
What's the best way to contact DL for following up on partner mileage credit?

I took an Aeromexico flight in July, credited it to Delta. Waited awhile, it never posted, then submitted an online request and I have a case number. The email with the case number says do not reply, but the only phone number they give me is for Reservations. Is there another way I can follow-up on this?
Your experience is not unique. You will likely need to call in to request credit. And it could require any number of follow up calls. I get the impression delta would rather we forget about our partner flight earnings.
Old Oct 5, 23, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by FenwayTim
The SunChips get offered with the drink service in Comfort+... There are other snacks from a snack basket that get circulated before the drink cart comes thru... .. Some examples of those would be the popcorn, bars, sweet and savory pretzel bag etc..
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
C+ gets the snack basket and then you typically also get offered an additional snack that is offered to Y pax such as Biscoffs, pretzels, etc.
Thanks. I guess that and an old fashioned will get me through the flight
matchbox20_is likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.