Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes. However, remember that MQDs are earned only when you fly the actual segments. Anything scheduled to depart at 11:59 pm or earlier on December 31st in the local time zone of the departure airport) will count as 2021 (regardless of when it lands or any flight delays), while segments scheduled to depart after midnight will count for 2022. [The same rules apply in theory to MQS and MQM earning, but all MQMs roll over this year.]
It wasn't actual MQD's I was concerned about, only the waiver tracker $s. But I assume it will be the same as actual MQDs too.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Airport Concierge Services (CDG)

Hi everyone,

I I have a trip from JFK to CDG scheduled for May and recently read about airport concierge services which help customers with fast track check-in, VAT refund and immigration services, specifically for CDG.

I was wondering if anyone has used these services and if they are worth it. Alternatively does Delta have such services available? Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
I've noticed more seats 'unavailable' lately, but just noticed if I login they are available. It only appears when I login as a GM, not my wife that does not have status. Is this something new?

Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bloc0102
I've noticed more seats 'unavailable' lately, but just noticed if I login they are available. It only appears when I login as a GM, not my wife that does not have status. Is this something new?
Yes, I have seen it on LAX-HNL 757s.

Also, anyone knows if DL will fly to JNU, at least in the summer of 2022?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Y/B fares do not qualify for comp upgrades on their own on Delta (they ended that program a number of years ago). If you have DL Platinum status or higher, you can get comp upgrades to C+ at time of booking on any fare (except Basic Economy). Gold and Silver upgrade windows to C+ are the same as First Class upgrades (3-day and 1-day, respectively). However, Exit row seats on most Delta aircraft are not part of C+ cabin (they are only Preferred seats) and can be selected at time of booking by Gold and Silver Medallions. They have similar or more legroom than C+ (C+ seats are identical to Main Cabin seats), but they don't get comp alcohol.
Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Yes, I have seen it on LAX-HNL 757s.

Also, anyone knows if DL will fly to JNU, at least in the summer of 2022?
My *guess* would be yes for summer 2022 since there was seasonal JNU service during summer 2021 and it seemed to do well. With COVID-19 restrictions, more USA citizens and residents are taking vacations (including revenge travel) within the USA, often preferring destinations with outdoor activities.

ADDED: You should expect connections through SEA since JNU is a small airport and small town, with not much of Alaska accessible by land from Juneau. ANC has service from various DL hubs, as does FAI during summer.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Is there a way I can prepurchase a wifi pass for the flight? And how do I know which pass to prepurchase (Viasat or Gogo)?

I remember that Delta used to have a screen where you could buy add-ons for your flight, but I can't find WiFi on it anywhere. My flight is on a 737-900ER
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Quick question....does AMEX Platinum Cc holder have to be on reservation to use Companion certificate? Or can I book two friends using certificate? Thanks!!!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:19 pm

Hi. Is there anything in the changes or “enhancements” that would keep Mrs K7Beach from having to book a flight/run to make the MQDs?

I gifted her Amex MQMs but I completely forgot about MQDs or card spend (DOH). She will fly way more next year and she gets good return from Silver.

The source of the MQM is a Amex DL Reserve and she has an authorized card, if that makes a difference. Thank you!

P.S. I just thought of this… If all MQMs roll over, will her MQD’s reset to zero?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by K7Beach

Hi. Is there anything in the changes or “enhancements” that would keep Mrs K7Beach from having to book a flight/run to make the MQDs?

I gifted her Amex MQMs but I completely forgot about MQDs or card spend (DOH). She will fly way more next year and she gets good return from Silver.

The source of the MQM is a Amex DL Reserve and she has an authorized card, if that makes a difference. Thank you!

P.S. I just thought of this… If all MQMs roll over, will her MQD’s reset to zero?
With the accelerator promo, wife will need considerably less actual MQDs than the $1005 shown on the bar graph. Look for cheap "premium" cabin fares that earn extra. Still, she'll need to fly somewhere. Perhaps you can plan a fun little weekend trip somewhere.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Quick question....does AMEX Platinum Cc holder have to be on reservation to use Companion certificate? Or can I book two friends using certificate? Thanks!!!
The card holder does not need to be one of the travelers -- you can book two friends.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by K7Beach

Take advantage of the accelerator. An Award ticket in F costing 57,500 will give her $1,006 MQD. If she doesn't have sufficient Miles in her account you can 'buy he ticket from your account. The flyer gets the credit, not the purchaser. It's a simple same day Mileage (MQD) Run.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:08 am

Hi, does anyone know if there is a special DL telephone number I can call as a Silver Medallion?

I noticed a drop in price for D1 seats for a flight in May 2022 from JFK to CDG that I booked C+ seats and would like to see what an upgrade may cost.

Last time I called DL I was on hold three hours and would like to lessen the wait time if possible.

Thanks,

Trish
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
Hi, does anyone know if there is a special DL telephone number I can call as a Silver Medallion?

I noticed a drop in price for D1 seats for a flight in May 2022 from JFK to CDG that I booked C+ seats and would like to see what an upgrade may cost.

Last time I called DL I was on hold three hours and would like to lessen the wait time if possible.

Thanks,

Trish
I've never tried it but many FTers recommend trying the DL Singapore number.

From the Wiki in the "Extensive Hold Times" thread:
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371
Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Did you try just changing the reservation online? I would not recommend canceling and rebooking just in case the price you see is "Phantom" availability and then doesn't go through and then you can't even rebook what you originally had, at least at the same rate. But if you can rebook online, this may be easier.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I've never tried it but many FTers recommend trying the DL Singapore number.

From the Wiki in the "Extensive Hold Times" thread:
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371
Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Did you try just changing the reservation online? I would not recommend canceling and rebooking just in case the price you see is "Phantom" availability and then doesn't go through and then you can't even rebook what you originally had, at least at the same rate. But if you can rebook online, this may be easier.
Thanks for the tips! Because I used a combination of cash and miles for the original reservation, I wasn't sure what the best way to price out an upgrade. I don't want to mess things up, which I am prone to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.