FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta to Open PreCheck Self Tag Lobby at ATL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2056891-delta-open-precheck-self-tag-lobby-atl.html)

DLASflyer Oct 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Delta to Open PreCheck Self Tag Lobby at ATL

“Traveling through Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will be even easier for Delta customers enrolled in TSA PreCheck starting next month with the expansion of new facial recognition capabilities and the opening of the first-ever Delta-TSA PreCheck® express lobby and bag drop.“

https://news.delta.com/delta-reveals...lobby-bag-drop

N830MH Oct 27, 2021 12:17 am

I love the plan! It's much easy for you. No need show your boarding pass and no need show your government ID anymore. Just go straight to the gates. No stopping at security!

RobOnLI Oct 27, 2021 8:02 am

I'm willing to bet this only works as a streamlined process (especially at the TSA checkpoint) if you only have one flight booked and didn't change your reservation at all. Clear especially has problems when I have booked several flights out of the same airport and cancelled all but one. It always requires me to scan my BP in this situation. And when I don't use Clear and go straight to the TSA PreCheck lane they also have to verify on my BP which flight I'm actually taking. I don't expect that to change at all with this approach.

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 33678362)
I love the plan! It's much easy for you. No need show your boarding pass and no need show your government ID anymore. Just go straight to the gates. No stopping at security!

You absolutely ARE stopping at security. Good luck getting past security without going through it :)

All this does is allow you to keep your BP and ID in your bag and instead have facial recognition done to allow you past the TSA checker. You must still go through security as the article described.

-RM

HeadInTheClouds Oct 27, 2021 9:55 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 33679067)
I'm willing to bet this only works as a streamlined process (especially at the TSA checkpoint) if you only have one flight booked and didn't change your reservation at all. Clear especially has problems when I have booked several flights out of the same airport and cancelled all but one. It always requires me to scan my BP in this situation. And when I don't use Clear and go straight to the TSA PreCheck lane they also have to verify on my BP which flight I'm actually taking. I don't expect that to change at all with this approach.

-RM

With multiple flights the same day, my experience matches yours with TSA (“which flight are you on?”), though not on the Clear kiosk. AFAIK, Clear is only linked to DL and UA tickets (both partners with Clear) - AA and WN tickets always require a BP scan - so if I have a DL and AA ticket, it pulls up the DL ticket just fine and never sees the AA ticket. At least that’s IME. So that would lead me to believe that as long as you have a valid DL BP, it will work fine. Maybe with multiple same day DL tickets this would be an issue though.

But ever changing a reservation? Gosh, I’d say 80% of my trips involves some sort of changed ticket at some point and I’ve never had these types of situations arise then.

Clear has a facial recognition kiosk set up at the United Club at LAX and it links over to your UC membership in the UA system and works shockingly well.

flyerCO Oct 27, 2021 10:43 am

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds (Post 33679446)
With multiple flights the same day, my experience matches yours with TSA (“which flight are you on?”), though not on the Clear kiosk. AFAIK, Clear is only linked to DL and UA tickets (both partners with Clear) - AA and WN tickets always require a BP scan - so if I have a DL and AA ticket, it pulls up the DL ticket just fine and never sees the AA ticket. At least that’s IME. So that would lead me to believe that as long as you have a valid DL BP, it will work fine. Maybe with multiple same day DL tickets this would be an issue though.

But ever changing a reservation? Gosh, I’d say 80% of my trips involves some sort of changed ticket at some point and I’ve never had these types of situations arise then.

Clear has a facial recognition kiosk set up at the United Club at LAX and it links over to your UC membership in the UA system and works shockingly well.

Clear has had devices in DL SC for few years. It's just fingerprints, but IME fingerprints work better than eyes.

I think issue with changes is those within 24 hours of departure/same day..

HeadInTheClouds Oct 27, 2021 11:22 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 33679618)
Clear has had devices in DL SC for few years. It's just fingerprints, but IME fingerprints work better than eyes.

I think the issue here is however clear the original read was on your fingers. My fingerprints were consistently a problem, and I gave up on them early on in SCs when they never worked. I was going to ask Clear to rescan my fingers, but then the pandemic hit and everything went to eyes and I have never had a single issue since.

But to the point in this thread, the facial recognition in the LAX UC works very well.

Changes within 24 hours could very well be an issue, but I actually think Clear may have a better read on that than TSA. It seems to me TSA gets info on boarding passes as the airline sends them over, and doesn’t delete old ones that may be canceled. But since Clear is connected into DL, it may actually be more accurate.

photojojo Oct 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Got your face! Handsfree at ATL.

I figured this was a matter of time, is it up and running yet?

https://www.businessinsider.com/phot...0sIrbnRGjqkeJg

flyerCO Oct 28, 2021 5:13 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...lobby-atl.html

ryandc99 Nov 20, 2021 6:15 am

Has anyone used this successfully? It was open today but they wouldn't let me use it. I apparently wasn't enrolled in a digital ID? They said I should have gotten an email, which I didn't. Wondering if there is a link to enroll?

xooz Nov 20, 2021 7:00 am

There is a "Identity Verification Form" on the website, though unsure if that is the same as providing a digital ID.

flyerCO Nov 20, 2021 7:41 am

Originally Posted by xooz (Post 33744798)
There is a "Identity Verification Form" on the website, though unsure if that is the same as providing a digital ID.

This has nothing to do with this. The form is for when you've been locked out of account.

flyerCO Nov 20, 2021 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 33744740)
Has anyone used this successfully? It was open today but they wouldn't let me use it. I apparently wasn't enrolled in a digital ID? They said I should have gotten an email, which I didn't. Wondering if there is a link to enroll?

Do you have your passport details and KTN saved within DL app and checked in via the app? According to news release this is what must happen to use it.

ryandc99 Nov 20, 2021 8:16 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 33744880)
Do you have your passport details and KTN saved within DL app and checked in via the app? According to news release this is what must happen to use it.

yes to both. No idea. I guess I will give them a call. It would be really nice to use this when it had 0 line meanwhile the regular line this morning was wrapped around a bit.

CrazyEddie Nov 29, 2021 4:03 pm

This new "lobby" is a complete joke

Originally Posted by DLASflyer (Post 33678086)
“Traveling through Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will be even easier for Delta customers enrolled in TSA PreCheck starting next month with the expansion of new facial recognition capabilities and the opening of the first-ever Delta-TSA PreCheck® express lobby and bag drop.“

https://news.delta.com/delta-reveals...lobby-bag-drop

Hahahahaha! I almost never check a bag, but decided to do so on a recent trip out of Atlanta, and I figured I would try this new feature out (especially because I was flying out yesterday - the end of Thanksgiving weekend). Even though traffic was backed up trying to get to the South terminal, here were only two people in there - both Delta agents - one at the door checking tickets, and another to "help". The facial recognition did not work - multiple times at two machines. The guy then wanted to see my electronic BP, but because this is in the lower level, there is no cell phone signal and no WiFi. In the time I wasted there, no one came in to use the "feature". I went to the old-school sky cap next to the "lobby" and was helped in a minute. The guy said that the lobby is never used, it cost millions, and if they just had the people checking people in instead of standing around, they would process actual passengers.

PSA - avoid this place.

ryandc99 Nov 30, 2021 7:01 am

Originally Posted by CrazyEddie (Post 33769386)
Hahahahaha! I almost never check a bag, but decided to do so on a recent trip out of Atlanta, and I figured I would try this new feature out (especially because I was flying out yesterday - the end of Thanksgiving weekend). Even though traffic was backed up trying to get to the South terminal, here were only two people in there - both Delta agents - one at the door checking tickets, and another to "help". The facial recognition did not work - multiple times at two machines. The guy then wanted to see my electronic BP, but because this is in the lower level, there is no cell phone signal and no WiFi. In the time I wasted there, no one came in to use the "feature". I went to the old-school sky cap next to the "lobby" and was helped in a minute. The guy said that the lobby is never used, it cost millions, and if they just had the people checking people in instead of standing around, they would process actual passengers.

PSA - avoid this place.

Did you enroll in the "digital ID?" I Still haven't been able to do so which would prevent me from using this.