Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to Open PreCheck Self Tag Lobby at ATL

Delta to Open PreCheck Self Tag Lobby at ATL

Old Nov 30, 21, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
Did you enroll in the "digital ID?" I Still haven't been able to do so which would prevent me from using this.
Sorry - great question, and I meant to include that in my post. Yes, I had coincidentally been prompted earlier that day through the app and had done so. I will see if I can try again. Note, however, that the facility in question is ONLY face recognition. Even though the kiosks are like the other self-check in kiosks (with a scanner for your boarding pass, etc.), those options do not work and there is no way for a human (pax or agent) to override.
Old Nov 30, 21, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AC 50K, AT Gold, Hilton Diamond, National
Used the lobby today. I had the same experience with the gentleman at the door asking for my boarding pass, which wouldn't load because of the low wifi/cell signal there, when he relented and took me to the machine, it worked great. Quick match of my face and easy and quick bag check.

So I'd definitely use it again, I'd just make sure my boarding pass is pulled up before going in there.

(Of course, it's goofy that the person checks the boarding pass -- the whole point is supposed to be that you just use your face....)
Old Nov 30, 21, 1:25 pm

Glad to hear it worked. I also don't understand the need for the boarding pass (which I did have - in old school paper form).

Does anyone know where on the Delta site to check to see if facial recognition is setup? I did a search and nothing came up. Or is it only through the app?

I'm clearly making a mountain out of a molehill here, as I fly with carry-on only about 99% of the time.
Old Jun 17, 22, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Anybody use this lately in ATL? It popped up as I checked in for my flight tomorrow as an option. I opted in even though I’m not checking a bag since it appears to be a different level (downstairs) than the general security. Is that the case? Hopefully it makes security even shorter than the usual Precheck lane.

If it’s only to check a bag, and then you are forced back to the regular precheck line…there really is no benefit for me.

edit: the more I read the description of it, the more I’m afraid its the latter. Only helps with bag drop…not actual security. Oh well, guess I‘ll try it when traveling with family checking a bag.

Last edited by OnceARunner; Jun 17, 22 at 12:05 pm
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OnceARunner View Post
Anybody use this lately in ATL? It popped up as I checked in for my flight tomorrow as an option. I opted in even though I’m not checking a bag since it appears to be a different level (downstairs) than the general security. Is that the case? Hopefully it makes security even shorter than the usual Precheck lane.

If it’s only to check a bag, and then you are forced back to the regular precheck line…there really is no benefit for me.

edit: the more I read the description of it, the more I’m afraid its the latter. Only helps with bag drop…not actual security. Oh well, guess I‘ll try it when traveling with family checking a bag.
Correct, only for bag.
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by OnceARunner View Post

After my above diatribe I was able to use this option again, this time successfully - BUT it is only to check a bag. The line is shorter to do that (as even bag drop off lines have become quite long - although I carry on 99% of the time). You will still have to go through security.
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This works quite well. It saves a ton of time. The only challenge is if you are on a PNR with 2 people (even if both have precheck) it will not work.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 1:02 pm

This works quite well. It saves a ton of time. The only challenge is if you are on a PNR with 2 people (even if both have precheck) it will not work.
Sorry to split hairs, but this only saves time if you are otherwise checking a bag
Old Jun 17, 22, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
did not realize this - explains why I had the face icon by myself, but not when on PNR with my daughter..
Old Jun 20, 22, 9:17 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Confirmed with an agent today that the functionality for 2 passengers is still not ready. They had planned for may but no updates yet when multi passenger reservations might be working.
Old Jun 24, 22, 5:58 am

This isn’t exactly on topic, but since I spoke negatively above about the self-tag feature, I wanted to add this point. Today at 7:20am in the Clear + TSA Precheck security line in Atlanta, a Delta rep asked if anyone had opted into the face recognition check in. I raised my hand, was taken out of the Clear line and got to “cut” to the front of the TSA Pre line. I estimate it saved me 2-3 min over staying in the Clear + TEA Pre line, and maybe 10 min over if I had started in just the TSA Pre line. Fwiw.
ryandc99 likes this.

Search this Thread