Delta Phone Number?

Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Delta Phone Number?

The number I have is 1 (800) 221-1212

I remember calling that number a while back many times but the wait time was like 2 hours or more each time. Is it still like this now? Does anyone know what is the best time to call where the wait is now that long? Im outside the US now but basically in Central US time.

Also do they no longer have that option of having an agent call you back instead of waiting on the phone? I remember they use to have that? Obviously when waiting, you put your phone on speaker the whole time for the two hours etc..
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
That's the number. Usually there's a callback option but not always. They are testing a new phone system.

One thing that helps is having the phone number you are calling from in your SkyMiles profile and not in anyone else's profile. That way, the system can recognize you.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Delta trialing new phone tree systems when calling medallion line

take your pick.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Why is the first line you have to scroll all the way down to see the latest post? I literally cannot get it to the uptodate.

The medallion line... do you need to be special delta member for that though?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jerry90210
Why is the first line you have to scroll all the way down to see the latest post? I literally cannot get it to the uptodate.
The forum software that FT runs on, blows (even worse than Delta IT) and they frequently break things that didn't need fixing for no reason whatsoever.

You can try turning off infinite scroll, if you have it turned on: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions

Also on mobile look for a >> icon to go to the last page, which isn't as nice as "go to 1st unread" but is an approximation in many cases anyway.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by jerry90210
The medallion line... do you need to be special delta member for that though?
there's no "medallion line" and there hasn't been one in years. the phone system either recognizes the number you're callling from based on the phone numbers associated with your account or it asks you to put in your skymiles number and then prioritizes your call based on that.
Chings likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
there's no "medallion line" and there hasn't been one in years. the phone system either recognizes the number you're callling from based on the phone numbers associated with your account or it asks you to put in your skymiles number and then prioritizes your call based on that.
On my app I have the "silver medallion reservation" number, it is different from the one OP provided, is this not a medallion number?
I called yesterday and did have the option to be called back. They said within one hour but it they called 2 hours after
Old Oct 27, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
On my app I have the "silver medallion reservation" number, it is different from the one OP provided, is this not a medallion number?
I called yesterday and did have the option to be called back. They said within one hour but it they called 2 hours after
A bunch of numbers all route to the same system. The exceptions are the Singapore number and the IROPS number intended for airport use only.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
A bunch of numbers all route to the same system. The exceptions are the Singapore number and the IROPS number intended for airport use only.
got it. Thanks for the clarification
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta, United, Continental, US Airways
I found this is true. My landline got attached to my account so when I try to call Delta on my cell - as when I'm traveling, my account is not recognized. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE NUMBER? An agent said it's your profile number, but my profile has my cell number.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Chings
I found this is true. My landline got attached to my account so when I try to call Delta on my cell - as when I'm traveling, my account is not recognized. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE NUMBER? An agent said it's your profile number, but my profile has my cell number.
You can have multiple phone numbers in your profile.

When you go into your Profile and look at Contact Info, you can Edit Phone Numbers and click on Add another phone number. You can have up to 5 numbers associated with your account.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Bonus points to anyone who has the IROPS number intended only for airport use

To answer OP, Ive had good luck calling on non peak times. Middle of the night is usually a good time, but also around 7 am East coast time usually has short wait.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Bonus points to anyone who has the IROPS number intended only for airport use

To answer OP, Ive had good luck calling on non peak times. Middle of the night is usually a good time, but also around 7 am East coast time usually has short wait.
Problem with off-peak calling, you get off-peak level agents. I've found better to wait for weekday for some issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.