Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Getting a direct flight on KLM (DL Codeshare)

Old Oct 20, 21, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Hello All,

I have an EDI-AMS-ORD (long connection) - LGA flight booked all on Delta codes because it was the cheapest option.
The EDI-AMS-ORD legs are all KLM operated. My goal is to be able to get the AMS-JFK direct flight (also KLM operated).
The connection to ORD is a 50 minute one vs. the JFK would be 1.5 hours.
Outside of simply paying more or hoping for a schedule change any hope of KLM agents at check in in EDI or the lounge in AMS would be willing to make this change?
I am assuming if I check luggage it would complicate things a lot?

Note that I am a DL Platinum.
Old Oct 20, 21, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Flyer1986 View Post
Hello All,

I have an EDI-AMS-ORD (long connection) - LGA flight booked all on Delta codes because it was the cheapest option.
The EDI-AMS-ORD legs are all KLM operated. My goal is to be able to get the AMS-JFK direct flight (also KLM operated).
Outside of simply paying more or hoping for a schedule change any hope of KLM agents at check in in EDI or the lounge in AMS would be willing to make this change?

Absent a schedule change you'll have to pay.
Old Oct 20, 21, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer1986 View Post
Hello All,

“Unfortunately it is not possible
Old Oct 20, 21, 2:37 pm

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, AA PLT, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies View Post
Correction: "It is possible, but the fare difference will be €XXX.XX. Would you like me to charge that to the credit card on file?"

Shy of paying a fare difference or a schedule change that results in either the connection in AMS or ORD dropping below MCT (this is a possibility at AMS based on the fact the connection is right at MCT right now) or maybe IROPS or some sort of weather-waiver day-of, OP should plan on flying EDI-AMS-ORD-LGA.
Old Oct 20, 21, 3:03 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies View Post
I’ve heard this so often in AMS that I usually start to laugh when I hear it. They certainly make a show of trying to help, but the end result is nearly always the same…
Old Oct 20, 21, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler View Post
I’ve heard this so often in AMS that I usually start to laugh when I hear it. They certainly make a show of trying to help, but the end result is nearly always the same…
In last year KLM has actually been the one to bend over for me. DL has become the new owner of the phrase IME.
Old Oct 20, 21, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA,AC,DL,F9,UA,WN
Not sure when this trip is but with Delta making so many schedule changes week after week, it seems like that would be the best hope.
And then call a Delta phone Platinum Line agent to try to change the flight from AMS-ORD-LGA to AMS-JFK.

Search this Thread