FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Getting a direct flight on KLM (DL Codeshare) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2056177-getting-direct-flight-klm-dl-codeshare.html)

Flyer1986 Oct 20, 2021 10:49 am

Getting a direct flight on KLM (DL Codeshare)

Hello All,

I have an EDI-AMS-ORD (long connection) - LGA flight booked all on Delta codes because it was the cheapest option.
The EDI-AMS-ORD legs are all KLM operated. My goal is to be able to get the AMS-JFK direct flight (also KLM operated).
The connection to ORD is a 50 minute one vs. the JFK would be 1.5 hours.
Outside of simply paying more or hoping for a schedule change any hope of KLM agents at check in in EDI or the lounge in AMS would be willing to make this change?
I am assuming if I check luggage it would complicate things a lot?

Note that I am a DL Platinum.

flyerCO Oct 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer1986 (Post 33660480)
Hello All,

I have an EDI-AMS-ORD (long connection) - LGA flight booked all on Delta codes because it was the cheapest option.
The EDI-AMS-ORD legs are all KLM operated. My goal is to be able to get the AMS-JFK direct flight (also KLM operated).
Outside of simply paying more or hoping for a schedule change any hope of KLM agents at check in in EDI or the lounge in AMS would be willing to make this change?

Absent a schedule change you'll have to pay.

WidgetsOfTheSkies Oct 20, 2021 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer1986 (Post 33660480)
Hello All,

“Unfortunately it is not possible

ATOBTTR Oct 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies (Post 33661139)

Correction: "It is possible, but the fare difference will be €XXX.XX. Would you like me to charge that to the credit card on file?"

Shy of paying a fare difference or a schedule change that results in either the connection in AMS or ORD dropping below MCT (this is a possibility at AMS based on the fact the connection is right at MCT right now) or maybe IROPS or some sort of weather-waiver day-of, OP should plan on flying EDI-AMS-ORD-LGA.

TrojanTraveler Oct 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies (Post 33661139)

I’ve heard this so often in AMS that I usually start to laugh when I hear it. They certainly make a show of trying to help, but the end result is nearly always the same…

flyerCO Oct 20, 2021 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler (Post 33661230)
I’ve heard this so often in AMS that I usually start to laugh when I hear it. They certainly make a show of trying to help, but the end result is nearly always the same…

In last year KLM has actually been the one to bend over for me. DL has become the new owner of the phrase IME.

SUPERTRAVEL Oct 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Not sure when this trip is but with Delta making so many schedule changes week after week, it seems like that would be the best hope.
And then call a Delta phone Platinum Line agent to try to change the flight from AMS-ORD-LGA to AMS-JFK.