Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TATL Premium Select Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Is there a light at the end of the poor soft product PS tunnel?

According to Delta’s latest news release (morning of March 15th), Customers can expect additional enhancements to the Delta Premium Select in-flight experience later this year.”

I really hope it means going back to pre-pandemic days for this otherwise not bad at all product.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by urifin

According to Delta’s latest news release (morning of March 15th), Customers can expect additional enhancements to the Delta Premium Select in-flight experience later this year.”

I really hope it means going back to pre-pandemic days for this otherwise not bad at all product.
That sure is a soft pedal.

Please make this better food.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
As someone who did PS, C+ and C- TATL during the last weeks i would not spend an extra $ for PE over C+. This es especially true right now with planes still relatively empty. If you can get an duo seat in C+ for yourself you will have more comfort then in a PE seat because of the fixed armrest in PE.
Absolutely no difference in service for someone paying + $ 1000 over the guy flying on an basic economy fare. I still have some memories from "back then" when we had hot tissues/towels in Y, an extra drink and nuts service before the dinner ( which had about 50% more food as the ones served right now ), a ice cream snack in between....but then maybe i's just my age.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by urifin

I hope so. I've booked my next two TATLs on UA (with a status challenge to Platinum) given all the poor reports about PS (my company will pay for PS on TATL and longer). If DL can improve the service, I'll come back to them later in the year next year (it's no real skin off my back, I already have the MQM for PM and will get the MQD waiver so it's not a bad deal to go snag UA Platinum for 18 months and see how things have evolved on UA)
Old May 30, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
Do Premium Select passengers have Fast Track Security at LHR

I'm travelling DELTA for the first time on a TATL (LHR>SLC) in Premium select (G). Do I have access to Fast Track security at LHR T3 or SLC?
Old May 30, 2022, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Keystone
I'm travelling DELTA for the first time on a TATL (LHR>SLC) in Premium select (G). Do I have access to Fast Track security at LHR T3 or SLC?

Based on my experience No LHR and yes SLC
Keystone likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:14 am

When they launched the product in 2017/2018, it might have been too good relative to the marketplace, but today it’s totally garbage.

Flew to CDG last week on a DL A350. Catering was the worst that Delta has had since the merger with NW and made USAir economy catering circa 2009 seem edible.

Flight crew was totally useless and received better service in comfort plus on a 550 mile domestic flight.

Return to US on Air France Premium Economy was light years better in terms of service, and at least the food was edible
AntonS and CowGirlMoo like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
PS is simply the Big Middle Seat. Nothing more.

Need to fly another carrier (even AF now has a dedicated premium economy meal) if you want premium service
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
PS is simply the Big Middle Seat. Nothing more.

Need to fly another carrier (even AF now has a dedicated premium economy meal) if you want premium service
I've been flying regularly AF Premium Economy for years. They serve the regular Economy meal plus a small appetizer and a small dessert that are a bit different than economy. Have they recently upgraded their meal offering (i.e. last two months)? If not, I've always found DL Economy meals way better than in AF. I would take a Premium Select seat over a Premium Economy AF seat in a 777 any day.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I've been flying regularly AF Premium Economy for years. They serve the regular Economy meal plus a small appetizer and a small dessert that are a bit different than economy. Have they recently upgraded their meal offering (i.e. last two months)? If not, I've always found DL Economy meals way better than in AF. I would take a Premium Select seat over a Premium Economy AF seat in a 777 any day.
See this thread on the AF forum
Improved/Added Premium Economy on AF/KL

This is a brand new offering by AF to enhance PE. DL is truly now the bottom of the barrel with their "Big Middle Seat" version of PE
Old May 31, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
See this thread on the AF forum
Improved/Added Premium Economy on AF/KL

This is a brand new offering by AF to enhance PE. DL is truly now the bottom of the barrel with their "Big Middle Seat" version of PE
A very positive change indeed. However, for night flights, I'll still take DL Premium Select over AF Premium on the 777.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL
A very positive change indeed. However, for night flights, I'll still take DL Premium Select over AF Premium on the 777.
Me too, but I would take an AF A350 Premium seat over Delta's Premium Select.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by tutkija80
When they launched the product in 2017/2018, it might have been too good relative to the marketplace, but today it’s totally garbage.

Flew to CDG last week on a DL A350. Catering was the worst that Delta has had since the merger with NW and made USAir economy catering circa 2009 seem edible.

Flight crew was totally useless and received better service in comfort plus on a 550 mile domestic flight.

Return to US on Air France Premium Economy was light years better in terms of service, and at least the food was edible

And my experience in March was the exact opposite. Flight to Charles de Gaulle Delta was great. Flight back on AirFrance did they load a crew? Well yes they did but they didn’t actually want to actually interact with passengers. After they threw the food at us they were never seen again and speaking of food the Frenchman next to me apologized on behalf of his country for providing that garbage (it was that bad - that’s the worst meal the French have ever produced.&#128512

I was actually very disappointed because I booked it this way on purpose assuming that air France based on reports here was a better choice. Not on my flights.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:38 pm

Is there a worse PE seat than AF 777 PE?
Old May 31, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by diniasi
Me too, but I would take an AF A350 Premium seat over Delta's Premium Select.
Same here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.