Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Customer service and quality vanishing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Not sure what I am looking for. Wanted to share photos of my experience but it won’t let me until I make five posts.

Been experiencing a number of customer service and quality issues and can never seem to get ahold of anyone on customer service in time to remedy.

The last straw was last week when I bout a first class ticket and got on board to find my seat was disabled with the backrest removed. The chat board on the delta app is still open on my phone and I have yet to have a response there either.

Feels kind of like going to Walmart these days and trying to find anyone willing to help you find one hidden item..
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
If your seat in F was disabled, I'd imagine that you weren't actually able to sit there. What happened when you pointed it out to the F/A? Did they find you another seat in F, or downgrade you and offer you compensation?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by knowharm
Not sure what I am looking for. Wanted to share photos of my experience but it won’t let me until I make five posts.

Been experiencing a number of customer service and quality issues and can never seem to get ahold of anyone on customer service in time to remedy.

The last straw was last week when I bout a first class ticket and got on board to find my seat was disabled with the backrest removed. The chat board on the delta app is still open on my phone and I have yet to have a response there either.

Feels kind of like going to Walmart these days and trying to find anyone willing to help you find one hidden item..
Welcome to the new Delta... striving to deliver Spirit-like service and quality
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Last month I had a similar situation, GUC upgrade cleared on second leg home from EU and called by GA before boarding to be told my seat was inoperative and I was moved to a Comfort+ seat. Got the GUC back and a $200 voucher. If this is a paid F ticket you can expect a refund for the difference of a Y price and the $200 voucher.
FlyerWx likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Paplover
Last month I had a similar situation, GUC upgrade cleared on second leg home from EU and called by GA before boarding to be told my seat was inoperative and I was moved to a Comfort+ seat. Got the GUC back and a $200 voucher. If this is a paid F ticket you can expect a refund for the difference of a Y price and the $200 voucher.
Under 261 EU Regulation, are you not entitled to the downgrade compensation? Not sure about the details, but 75% rings a bell.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by smartytravel
Under 261 EU Regulation, are you not entitled to the downgrade compensation? Not sure about the details, but 75% rings a bell.
261EU doesn't apply to Delta unless the flight originate in the EU (in which case it's unlikely to have F).
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Based on my latest DL flights, was just thinking customer service and quality were shining. Suppose it's all relative...
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by smartytravel
This flight was MSP-PSC so a domestic leg after AMS-MSP. Not sure 261 EU applies.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
An inoperative seat can happen on any airline, but the failure here was letting you board to find out yourself. The gate agents should have called you aside prior to boarding to explain the situation and reseat you (and provide the relevant downgrade compensation).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:33 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I don't really understand the whining that people love to do about airlines. Maybe my expectations are just totally different. You could have spoken to the flight attendants and they could have compensated you. The app chat is horrible, but how does this make them "Spirit quality" (besides...Spirit isn't that bad). Your first class seat wouldn't recline.

Passengers should be their own advocates instead of expecting the airlines to anticipate every little problem they might encounter.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
I don't really understand the whining that people love to do about airlines. Maybe my expectations are just totally different. You could have spoken to the flight attendants and they could have compensated you. The app chat is horrible, but how does this make them "Spirit quality" (besides...Spirit isn't that bad). Your first class seat wouldn't recline.

Passengers should be their own advocates instead of expecting the airlines to anticipate every little problem they might encounter.
People also start expecting things to go wrong, so any small thing that goes wrong becomes a huge deal and conspiracy.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by MTCman379
People also start expecting things to go wrong, so any small thing that goes wrong becomes a huge deal and conspiracy.
....and entitled to compensation
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
(besides...Spirit isn't that bad).
True, I would not describe it as bad, I would describe it as horrendous.
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:16 pm

Maybe my expectations are just totally different.
(besides...Spirit isn't that bad).
Yes, totally different!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:30 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
True, I would not describe it as bad, I would describe it as horrendous.
I'm not really looking to defend Spirit because I haven't flown them in several years. However this elitist mentality can get quite irritating.
All I will say is I appreciate the competition they provide which forces prices down across the board. Great thing is, I benefit from their existence without actually having to give them my money.

Just curious...have you flown them? If so, how many times?
ilovemiles and OldAsiaHand like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.