Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier,, AAdvantage Gold, InterContinental Ambassador
Delta in MUC

Booked a r/t ATL to MUC direct…Delta changed it to ATL AMS, with connecting KLM into MUC. Same thing coming back….question is, does Delta have a presence in MUC, or do you have to check in at KLM for the Schengen flight, then cross into non-Schengen at AMS. Last time I flew out of MUC to ATL, it was easy to find the Delta ticketing area and gate…now??? Trying to minimize the wandering around the wrong terminal at MUC…Observations, comments, bitte sehr!
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If it's one ticket, you check in once in each direction, with the *operating* carrier for the first flight in that direction. Bags will be checked through and you go through passport control (EU immigration) at AMS in each direction.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Apollosmom
Booked a r/t ATL to MUC direct…Delta changed it to ATL AMS, with connecting KLM into MUC. Same thing coming back….question is, does Delta have a presence in MUC, or do you have to check in at KLM for the Schengen flight, then cross into non-Schengen at AMS. Last time I flew out of MUC to ATL, it was easy to find the Delta ticketing area and gate…now??? Trying to minimize the wandering around the wrong terminal at MUC…Observations, comments, bitte sehr!
I had a similar return flight (MUC-AMS-DTW-DCA) in September 2019. As noted in the previous response, you check in at the KLM desk in Munich. KLM and Delta use the same terminal in Munich, and everything is clearly marked.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Apollosmom
Delta still has a presence in MUC (the ATL-MUC nonstop is currently planned to resume 10/30) with the airport office but the counter will be closed since they don’t have a flight currently. As others have said, since you’re on KLM-operated flights, you need to check in with KL, etc.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JPG3392
I had a similar return flight (MUC-AMS-DTW-DCA) in September 2019. As noted in the previous response, you check in at the KLM desk in Munich. KLM and Delta use the same terminal in Munich, and everything is clearly marked.
IIRC the terminals at MUC are basically *A (plus any other LH partners) and all other airlines....and of course Schengen and nonSchengen flights are separated.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
You will be on a Schengen flight to AMS and go through passport control to leave the Schengen area in AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.