Wiki Posts
Search

No fall service YYZ-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
No fall service YYZ-JFK

Throughout covid, DL has only had 1x flight a day btw ATL-YYZ and several YYZ-JFK. Several of my fall trips with YYZ-JFK segments had sked changes this weekend and it appears that suddenly from now to Dec 18, there is no YYZ-JFK service at all. It reappears Dec 18 several flights a day. Weird heh? My thoughts are an incomplete schedule upload. Thoughts?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Throughout covid, DL has only had 1x flight a day btw ATL-YYZ and several YYZ-JFK. Several of my fall trips with YYZ-JFK segments had sked changes this weekend and it appears that suddenly from now to Dec 18, there is no YYZ-JFK service at all. It reappears Dec 18 several flights a day. Weird heh? My thoughts are an incomplete schedule upload. Thoughts?
They're likely in process of figuring out what to do with border opening. Possibly upgauging from RJ to mainline due to demand. They may not have had chance to figure out how divide the flights if staying on RJs.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Utskicat
First, the Dec schedule is meaningless. It's a pre-covid schedule that was simply copied over.

Starting Sept 15, YYZ-LGA goes from zero daily to four daily, so I think DL has just decided to focus on that route instead of YYZ-JFK.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kjnangre
First, the Dec schedule is meaningless. It's a pre-covid schedule that was simply copied over.

Starting Sept 15, YYZ-LGA goes from zero daily to four daily, so I think DL has just decided to focus on that route instead of YYZ-JFK.

Actually on Sept 13th. Regardless though till the 13th neither LGA or JFK currently shows YYZ flights. With border reopening and Labor Day holiday this makes no sense.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like OP mixed up JFK with DTW as only ATL-YYZ (1x) and DTW-YYZ (3x) flights have been operating throughout Covid. DL had pushed back the restart of the JFK-YYZ route to September back on May 15th. LGA-YYZ restart was pushed back to September on June 26th. I doubt they'll add any additional flights for August, early September at this point and 4x daily on LGA-YYZ is probably sufficient for market in September. LGA-YYZ route is supposed to go 6x daily in October and WS is also scheduled to return to route in October (currently at 8x daily weekdays). DTW-YYZ goes from 3x to 4x daily on 9/13 and ATL-YYZ goes from 1x to 2x daily.

Last edited by xliioper; Aug 11, 2021 at 7:17 am
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:28 am

Speaking of Canada, we are thinking of LGA-MSP-YYC and back Sept 14 and 17. Is there any way to estimate the chances of those disappearing?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by richarddd
Speaking of Canada, we are thinking of LGA-MSP-YYC and back Sept 14 and 17. Is there any way to estimate the chances of those disappearing?
yep

it involves a cauldron, 1.3 liters of jet A, the shed skin of a rattlesnake, 42.5 grams of antimony, a slide rule, and lightning
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
🤣🤣 I think you're pretty safe for Sept. But with Delta (variant) and Delta (airline), there are no guarantees
RealHJ likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Looks like OP mixed up JFK with DTW as only ATL-YYZ (1x) and DTW-YYZ (3x) flights have been operating throughout Covid. DL had pushed back the restart of the JFK-YYZ route to September back on May 15th. LGA-YYZ restart was pushed back to September on June 26th. I doubt they'll add any additional flights for August, early September at this point and 4x daily on LGA-YYZ is probably sufficient for market in September. LGA-YYZ route is supposed to go 6x daily in October and WS is also scheduled to return to route in October (currently at 8x daily weekdays). DTW-YYZ goes from 3x to 4x daily on 9/13 and ATL-YYZ goes from 1x to 2x daily.
WestJet already serves YYZ>LGA multiple times each day. Looking at the schedules there is a ton of overlap between WestJet and DL with some flight times within minutes of each other.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
I have flown YYZ>ATL monthly since covid started. Virtually all my flights have connected in DTW. The one nonstop is relatively recent and at very odd times.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
WestJet already serves YYZ>LGA multiple times each day. Looking at the schedules there is a ton of overlap between WestJet and DL with some flight times within minutes of each other.
Ah, I was searching for DL and WS codeshares don't start until Oct.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL PM
YYZ service has been significantly reduced. The start date of BOS nonstop is pushed back to Dec 18th. Also, MSP resumption won't happen until Mar 2022.
YYZ-JFK is mainly for feeding traffic through JFK I guess? US domestic can be rerouted through DTW/ATL, and transatlantic doesn't make sense at this time due to the travel ban that prevents non-US travellers who have been to the EU.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
yep

it involves a cauldron, 1.3 liters of jet A, the shed skin of a rattlesnake, 42.5 grams of antimony, a slide rule, and lightning
Of all of those, the slide rule will probably throw the most people off.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by kjnangre
🤣🤣 I think you're pretty safe for Sept. But with Delta (variant) and Delta (airline), there are no guarantees
So in other words, one needs to watch out for the Delta Delta Delta?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I can’t claim originality for this, but it’s too good not to share

reportedly, @JonNYC on twitter. …
ATOBTTR and Intl359Widget like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.