Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta FlyReady - Documentation Portal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Is there a point to flyready now with COVID over? I flew JFK-MUC and back and got a digital boarding pass no problem without any verification and just had to scan my passport when boarding.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by cubeman
Is there a point to flyready now with COVID over? I flew JFK-MUC and back and got a digital boarding pass no problem without any verification and just had to scan my passport when boarding.
Some places still have restrictions.

But even in places that don't, apparently they use it to do a secondary check on passport name matches. Today (with a little help), it ended up costing me all my seat upgrades on an upcoming itinerary.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
One data point: I booked LAX-SFO-AMS-PRG about a month ago (all but first leg on KLM) and delta.com wanted me to upload my vac certificate.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:09 am

Delta FlyReady status

Trying to use Flyready for the first time for my India trip. When you click the link it says passports need to be verified at the airport. Why in the hell is it prompting me to complete Flyready forms if it knows its not possible? Really a horrible user interface.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:14 am

It shows up for all international flights, even if there's nothing to complete. You'll still have to fill out a stupid contact tracing form for your flight back to the US.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:32 am

Its an absolutely silly process. Its shows this nonsense even if there is no form to fill "

United Kingdom Visa Requirement Check (Optional Third Party) transit

Complete the required form then return here to attest to its completion. Note: this form is located outside of delta.com on a website not owned or controlled by Delta Air Lines. The site may not follow our same accessibility policies"

Last edited by obscure2k; May 31, 2023 at 11:39 am Reason: changed retarded to silly
Old May 31, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Its an absolutelys.xxxxxxxxxxx "

[size=13px]

[/size]

Kindly please never use that word again. I'm sure you're a smart person who can think of plenty of other words to describe the woeful state of Delta's IT. Do better.
Dr_wanderlust likes this.

Last edited by obscure2k; May 31, 2023 at 11:44 am Reason: deleted offensive word in previous post
Old May 31, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by DLHubber
It shows up for all international flights, even if there's nothing to complete. You'll still have to fill out a stupid contact tracing form for your flight back to the US.
Most of the time, I ignore it when trying to check in for my flights to YYZ/YUL. The app kinda spazzes out, force exits the app, and when I come back on the app, my boarding pass on the app has "intl-docs-ok" on it. DL needs to update their system for destinations that still have restrictions and not for every international flight.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I use this each week as I fly YYC- DTW. It's not terrible honestly, and usually saves passport info and all that as long as I at least scan in at a kiosk once every few months. Sometimes it makes me re scan fast, sometimes it will go months at a time and remember my passport info. It does a pretty good job at saving everything to the point where I just put in the "no secondary contact" and I am "FlyReady".

Very annoying when I have the Verify-docs thing though, even after doing Fly Ready.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM
My profile still shows an alert saying my passport has to be shown even though I have flown internationally twice with the new one (and yes, the number is correct on the passport field).
The Flyready did not work for me.
Old May 31, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by pt360
...sometimes it will go months at a time and remember my passport info.
because that's already saved in your SkyMiles profile I gather.

Originally Posted by realworld
My profile still shows an alert saying my passport has to be shown even though I have flown internationally twice with the new one (and yes, the number is correct on the passport field).
The Flyready did not work for me.
You can only enter your passport data page info; says nothing about possible visas etc. Then again, Delta IT also requires a document check when flying back to the homeland with a homeland passport. BA even once asked me if I had a visa...

FlyReady was decent with all the COVID test and vaccination documents and made check in a lot easier and faster... doubt they'll ever figure the passport part out conclusively.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cvision
because that's already saved in your SkyMiles profile I gather.

You can only enter your passport data page info; says nothing about possible visas etc. Then again, Delta IT also requires a document check when flying back to the homeland with a homeland passport. BA even once asked me if I had a visa...

FlyReady was decent with all the COVID test and vaccination documents and made check in a lot easier and faster... doubt they'll ever figure the passport part out conclusively.
On the point about the saved in Skymiles - yes. However, I have flown internationally a lot previously and until I scanned my passport at a kiosk or desk for a few weeks I had to validate Passport at the gate to to YYC or back into the US wherever I connected. Very frustrating until I saw a FT post saying I can be "validated" by using kiosk/agent.

Again, it also randomly will forget I am validated and require me to validate again.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by pt360
On the point about the saved in Skymiles - yes. However, I have flown internationally a lot previously and until I scanned my passport at a kiosk or desk for a few weeks I had to validate Passport at the gate to to YYC or back into the US wherever I connected. Very frustrating until I saw a FT post saying I can be "validated" by using kiosk/agent.

Again, it also randomly will forget I am validated and require me to validate again.
In my experience, th only way to get the "validated" indication in the Delta profile for future flights is to scan the new passport on departure for an international flight at a kiosk. Agents can absolutely validate passports for today's flight, but that agent transaction does not save into the Delta profile for future flights - only the kiosks do that.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 7:55 am
21A

Originally Posted by mnbp
In my experience, th only way to get the "validated" indication in the Delta profile for future flights is to scan the new passport on departure for an international flight at a kiosk. Agents can absolutely validate passports for today's flight, but that agent transaction does not save into the Delta profile for future flights - only the kiosks do that.
Scanning it when prompted during check-in on the mobile app should also work.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by 21A
Scanning it when prompted during check-in on the mobile app should also work.
The mobile app has never been able to successfully scan my passport. No issues at the kiosk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.