Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta FlyReady - Documentation Portal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
This site is an absolute embarrassment and whoever is in charge should be fired and never allowed to touch a computer again.

I was trying to upload my vaccination proof. I am fully vaccinated with a jab in two different countries. So I have two bits of proof, 1 for country A and 1 for country B. It allows you upload 2 files so no problem, right?

After being rejected a dozen times for "not fully vaccinated," and through trial and error, I FINALLY figured out that whoever verifies this cannot see the 2nd file, only the first. So the solution was to combine the images into a single file and upload it. Massive pain.

Also discovered that if it says there is a website problem when you try to upload, it more than likely means your files are too big to accept. 2 lines of JavaScript would have made this a graceful error that would help you troubleshoot the issue, but apparently Delta can't be bothered with nonsense like that.

Terrible execution Delta.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I finally had success with this tool today. Vax card and test verified quickly and I was able to complete OLCI. First time it has worked for me. Still half expect to have to show everything again when I check my bag but hopefully not.
Xeno and altabello like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:31 pm

I received an email on February 19 that my vaccination had been verified, but in fly ready it is still showing as orange. Like many others, I'm not certain of the value of this program.
altabello likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I found very odd that on my recent trip, the vaccine portal recognized my vaccine for ATL-LHR, but made me re upload for the return, where it never marked as verified.

Also, at check in both in ATL and LHR, they noted not to bother with the Fly Ready as it "literally means nothing on our end, we still verify it manually"
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I found very odd that on my recent trip, the vaccine portal recognized my vaccine for ATL-LHR, but made me re upload for the return, where it never marked as verified.

Also, at check in both in ATL and LHR, they noted not to bother with the Fly Ready as it "literally means nothing on our end, we still verify it manually"

The requirements are different, and they probably have to confirm for your specific trip. They probably need to re-check the dates.

For me it kept the passport, but you're right, I had to re-upload the vaccination proof.

Yea, it's of limited value, and the most important thing is that you have the paperwork with you when you get to the gate, and then the country in question.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have a trip to Ecuador which only requires vaccine proof and a Government form. It says to go to site, fill out the form and upload it. When I click "I already completed this form" there is no option to upload it. Beacuase of this it won't let me check in.

I can check in at the airport no problem, its just annoying. If they have to verify it at the airport like they always have with your passport before boarding , why not let u check in online?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Flyready is not usable for someone who needs to use a positive test plus doctor note in lieu of a negative test.

This is fair enough. But how difficult would it be for them to add a message letting these customers know to see the gate agent at the airport? Even if it was hidden deep in the faq? I wasted a lot of time on this…
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Had to show my passport, negative test, vax card and ArriveCAN app confirmation at check in despite all being submitted and approved yesterday via FlyReady. It’s a complete waste of time.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
"Whoops! We're sorry, but we are currently having website difficulties. If the issue persists and you are unable to complete Delta FlyReady, please arrive at the airport early on your day of travel with all your required travel documents."

Has anyone else experienced this today?
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
"Whoops! We're sorry, but we are currently having website difficulties. If the issue persists and you are unable to complete Delta FlyReady, please arrive at the airport early on your day of travel with all your required travel documents."

I've been experiencing it for the last two weeks!!!
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
This site is an absolute embarrassment and whoever is in charge should be fired and never allowed to touch a computer again.

I was trying to upload my vaccination proof. I am fully vaccinated with a jab in two different countries. So I have two bits of proof, 1 for country A and 1 for country B. It allows you upload 2 files so no problem, right?

After being rejected a dozen times for "not fully vaccinated," and through trial and error, I FINALLY figured out that whoever verifies this cannot see the 2nd file, only the first. So the solution was to combine the images into a single file and upload it. Massive pain.

Also discovered that if it says there is a website problem when you try to upload, it more than likely means your files are too big to accept. 2 lines of JavaScript would have made this a graceful error that would help you troubleshoot the issue, but apparently Delta can't be bothered with nonsense like that.

Terrible execution Delta.
Yes, I just experienced same situation this past week. My card and my 3 children's card were fine and got accepted right away. Husband's card has the booster listed on the back, so I had to upload 2 files. I tried many times and was rejected every time. Finally tried put them on ONE PDF and it was accepted within 5 minuted.

No clue why they offer the option to upload additional files.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Sounds like I'm in the minority, but my wife and I successfully used Fly Ready on LIR - ATL this past Sunday. Never had to show our test results, and boarding pass showed Fly Ready on it. Unfortunately I was flagged SSSS (likely due to a last minute change to an open-jaw due to extending our trip since we got sick) and still wasn't able to check in online.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

I haven't flown since Delta FlyReady was implemented, but I've been sporadically getting the "Whoops! We're sorry, but we are currently having website difficulties." error when trying to do anything (e.g. book or change a ticket). My solution is usually to try again later.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:03 am

POS "feature" I get the Whoops message.
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
FlyReady isn't ready to fly.

But, DL has never been recognized as being on the cutting edge of IT innovation.

Perhaps they should replace Medallion luggage tags with Alpha Tester tags.
ohhleary likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.